Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-12-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Amnesty Bill - Congress is off their f'ing rocker with this!

This was sent to my e-mail. I can't even believe this is real, but it is. My GOD what the f*** is Congress thinking?

http://d.yimg.com/kq/groups/17260182...e/ftc-vi26.wmv

NOTES from the video, this Is REAL:
  • Legal status after 24 hours even without a complete background check.
  • Taxpayers pay for all of the lawyers.
  • Permanent temporary visas.
  • Amnesty for gang members. (Heritage estimating 30,000 illegal alien gang members in U.S.)
  • You're going to help pay for Mexicans to stay in Mexico.
  • Illegal aliens don't have to pay back taxes.
  • Fast track for SPP (Security & Prosperity Partnership), this would effectively erase borders between the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
  • Border security not first in this bill.
  • Tuition for illegal aliens.
  • Illegals will also be able to cut in front of everybody else in line who have been waiting for years to come to the U.S. LEGALLY.
  • Amnesty for aliens who were ordered DEPORTED!
  • Heritage says our immigration court will effectively be shut down by this bill.
  • Elligible for earned income tax credit (yet, they don't have to pay back taxes?

Thank you non-Americans for voting for President Obama! For God's sakes didn't you see this coming?

=====================================

This is more than we can take ----has congress gone nuts?

And we thought Obama was done inflicting indignities to the American people! Please pass this to as many Americans as you can.

We knew this was going to happen. (That way Obama wasn't lying when he said illegals would not be able to get medical coverage under his ObamaCare plan. His simple fix is to make them all legal first.)

EVERYONE--PLEASE TAKE TIME TO LISTEN TO THIS--IT TELLS ABOUT THE BILL GOING THRU CONGRESS RIGHT NOW REGARDING IMMIGRATION.
EVEN CNN IS UPSET ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Pass this on after you watch it.

NOTICE THAT THIS IS FROM CNN, NOT FOX!!!

This from CNN news: http://d.yimg.com/kq/groups/17260182...e/ftc-vi26.wmv

This 2-minute video should be mandatory viewing for every US citizen. If you have never passed anything on before, pass this on! Every American should be outraged!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Administrator

So, are the Democrats evil or just stupid? Because those are the only two options based on the last 10 months.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:37 AM
Crisco

This bill stinks of Pelosi
Old 11-12-2009, 03:37 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Wow! To add more fuel to the fire, the AP just announced Lou Dobbs is leaving CNN to pursue "new opportunities." Guess they don't like him telling the truth about what the Dems are doing!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091112/...v_lou_dobbs_29

Quote:
Lou Dobbs leaving CNN for 'new opportunities'

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer David Bauder, Ap Television Writer 47 mins ago

NEW YORK CNN's Lou Dobbs, a lightning rod for criticism following his transition from a business journalist to an opinionated anchor on such issues as illegal immigration, told viewers on Wednesday that he was quitting his nightly show to pursue new opportunities.

"This will be my last broadcast," Dobbs said after giving the day's headlines. Dobbs, who hosts a daily radio show unrelated to CNN, said the network had allowed him to be released early from his contract.

Dobbs was a CNN original, signing on when the cable network started in 1980. For much of that time, he hosted a nightly business broadcast that became one of the most influential shows in the corporate world, and CNN's most profitable show for advertising revenue.

But Dobbs said his world view changed after the 2001 terrorist attacks and corporate corruption scandals, and he began to more freely express his opinions. He was particularly persistent in bringing the immigration issue to the fore, winning him both higher ratings and enemies. Latino groups had an active petition drive seeking his removal.

His presence became awkward for CNN, particularly as it began emphasizing reporting and non-opinion shows. He angered management this summer by pressing questions about President Barack Obama's birth site after CNN reporters determined there was no issue.

Dobbs said the decision came after months of discussion with CNN U.S. President Jon Klein. Dobbs said he wanted to concentrate on his role as a commentator and on advocacy journalism.

Klein hailed Dobbs' "appetite for big ideas, the megawatt smile and larger-than-life presence he brought to our newsroom."

"With characteristic forthrightness, Lou has now decided to carry the banner of advocacy journalism elsewhere," Klein said. "We respect his decision."

Dobbs said he was proud of his role in helping to build the first cable news network. He said some leaders in media, politics and business "have been urging me to go beyond my role here at CNN and to engage in constructive problem-solving."

Seated at an anchor desk in front of a screen with a fluttering American flag, Dobbs mentioned his interest in issues such as health care, jobs, immigration, climate change and the wars.

"Unfortunately, these issues are now defined in the public arena by partisanship and ideology rather than rigorous empirical thought and forthright analysis and discussion," he said. "I will be working diligently to change that as best I can."

His resignation was hailed by activists who were seeking his ouster.

"Our contention all along was that Lou Dobbs who has a long history of spreading lies and conspiracy theories about immigrants and Latinos does not belong on the most trusted name in news," said Roberto Lovato, co-founder of Presente.org. "We are thrilled that Dobbs no longer has the legitimate platform from which to incite fear and hate."

Tom Saenz, president of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, the leading Latino legal organization, said, "The Latino community can and should celebrate that Lou Dobbs is no longer on CNN."

U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez, a Democrat from Dobbs' home state of New Jersey and the Senate's only Hispanic member, called it "addition by subtraction" for CNN.

Dobbs did not immediately return telephone and e-mail messages to talk about his critics.

Although he joined CNN in 1980, Dobbs left the network for two years in 1999, after angrily complaining on the air about a decision by then-CNN President Rick Kaplan to switch away from his show to a live news event. An Internet venture failed and when Kaplan left CNN, Dobbs returned.

Dobbs' ratings had cooled from the height of the immigration discussion. But his 879,000 viewers on Tuesday still eclipsed MSNBC's Chris Matthews (Fox News Channel's Shepard Smith had more than double the audience) and even beat Campbell Brown's CNN show, which followed Dobbs at 8 p.m. ET in prime-time, according to the Nielsen Co.

A decision on who will replace Dobbs is expected to be announced Thursday.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:42 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I wish I was surprised!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Buzzard

I see nothing wrong with it.........................................

Just kidding. That's a bunch of bull and I will contact my representatives to express my outrage on this. Hopefully with enough support it won't pass if/when it makes it to the voting stage.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I wrote both of my Senators as well:

Quote:
Hello Senator Cornyn, I just got done watching the Lou Dobbs clip from the other night regarding the Amnesty Bill and all of its', unbelievably ridiculous stipulations:

* Legal status after 24 hours even without a complete background check.
* Taxpayers pay for all of the lawyers.
* Permanent temporary visas.
* Amnesty for gang members. (Heritage estimating 30,000 illegal alien gang members in U.S.)
* You're going to help pay for Mexicans to stay in Mexico.
* Illegal aliens don't have to pay back taxes.
* Fast track for SPP (Security & Prosperity Partnership), this would effectively erase borders between the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
* Border security not first in this bill.
* Tuition for illegal aliens.
* Illegals will also be able to cut in front of everybody else in line who have been waiting for years to come to the U.S. LEGALLY.
* Amnesty for aliens who were ordered DEPORTED!
* Heritage says our immigration court will effectively be shut down by this bill.
* Elligible for earned income tax credit (yet, they don't have to pay back taxes?

Please work hard to shoot this down, this is an outrage to every American!

Thank you for your time sir.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Silverback

I am all for helping the illegal aliens out, of the country!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I wrote both of my Senators as well:
Did The Same!

People should be interactive with there government.

Contact your senator... for ANYTHING!

http://www.senate.gov/reference/comm...t_senators.htm

Hello Senator Burr, I just got done watching the Lou Dobbs clip from the other night regarding the Amnesty Bill and all of its', unbelievably ridiculous stipulations:

* Legal status after 24 hours even without a complete background check.
* Taxpayers pay for all of the lawyers.
* Permanent temporary visas.
* Amnesty for gang members. (Heritage estimating 30,000 illegal alien gang members in U.S.)
* You're going to help pay for Mexicans to stay in Mexico.
* Illegal aliens don't have to pay back taxes.
* Fast track for SPP (Security & Prosperity Partnership), this would effectively erase borders between the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
* Border security not first in this bill.
* Tuition for illegal aliens.
* Illegals will also be able to cut in front of everybody else in line who have been waiting for years to come to the U.S. LEGALLY.
* Amnesty for aliens who were ordered DEPORTED!
* Heritage says our immigration court will effectively be shut down by this bill.
* Elligible for earned income tax credit (yet, they don't have to pay back taxes?

Please work hard to shoot this down, this is an outrage to every American!

Thank you for your time sir.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Good stuff Spirit. I've emailed everybody on my e-mail list too and hopefully they will e-mail their Senators and forward it to their friends!