Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-10-2009, 11:30 PM
shon8121
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Are you a "GOOD" person? Try the ultimate test...

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/#

Are you a "GOOD" person? Try the ultimate test...

__________________________________________

So uh, has anyone here seen this website? It's a Christian Evangelism website hosted by Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort.

If you can't find the link for the ultimate test, it's in a blue box on the right of the screen, about midway down the screen.

I can save you guys a lot of trouble by telling you, there's no commandment you haven't broken according to these guys. Yeah. Even Murder is something we're somehow guilty of.
Let me know if you take the test, and what your thoughts are on it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

This should be in the Woodshed. It has nothing to do with Christianity.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
http://www.wayofthemaster.com/#

Are you a "GOOD" person? Try the ultimate test...

__________________________________________

So uh, has anyone here seen this website? It's a Christian Evangelism website hosted by Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort.

If you can't find the link for the ultimate test, it's in a blue box on the right of the screen, about midway down the screen.

I can save you guys a lot of trouble by telling you, there's no commandment you haven't broken according to these guys. Yeah. Even Murder is something we're somehow guilty of.
Let me know if you take the test, and what your thoughts are on it.
What's your point? Why do you come here to stir up problems? This thread is clearly a swipe at something you don't like (i.e. Christianity).
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
It has nothing to do with Christianity.
Actually, it has EVERYTHING to do with Christianity. Way of the Master is a Christian org. who have done a tremendous amount of broadcasting and Christian witnessing. They have a great ministry.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/

Last edited by Vizion; 11-11-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2009, 01:33 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,738
Default

Simple answer: No, I'm not a good person.

Anyone who answers yes is a liar.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-11-2009, 01:41 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
http://www.wayofthemaster.com/#

Are you a "GOOD" person? Try the ultimate test...

__________________________________________

So uh, has anyone here seen this website? It's a Christian Evangelism website hosted by Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort.

If you can't find the link for the ultimate test, it's in a blue box on the right of the screen, about midway down the screen.

I can save you guys a lot of trouble by telling you, there's no commandment you haven't broken according to these guys. Yeah. Even Murder is something we're somehow guilty of.
Let me know if you take the test, and what your thoughts are on it.
That website has it right, we are all sinful and unworthy of GOD's grace.

Just like that question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?" Well, it's a misleading question because "good people" don't exist.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-11-2009, 01:45 AM
shon8121
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
This should be in the Woodshed. It has nothing to do with Christianity.

Huh? It's about the Ten Commandments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
What's your point? Why do you come here to stir up problems? This thread is clearly a swipe at something you don't like (i.e. Christianity).
How on Earth am I stirring up problems?! Calm down. Jeez.
But thanks for correcting Neezar.
The point is, do you agree with the Murder thing? If I hate someone in my heart, does that really count as disobeying the "Thou Shalt not Murder" commandment?


Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Simple answer: No, I'm not a good person.

Anyone who answers yes is a liar.
Well... even if the doctrine says that everyone sins... does that really mean no one is a good person?
I think I have a legitimate question: If you behave morally within the Commandments and within the teachings of Jesus, can you not be called a "good" person? Or does it go deeper than that? Does it more depend on how we feel or how we think?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-11-2009, 02:12 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
The point is, do you agree with the Murder thing? If I hate someone in my heart, does that really count as disobeying the "Thou Shalt not Murder" commandment?
It means that you have the seeds of murder growing in your heart, so you can never look upon someone who is in prison for murder and consider yourself a better person than them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
Well... even if the doctrine says that everyone sins... does that really mean no one is a good person?
I think I have a legitimate question: If you behave morally within the Commandments and within the teachings of Jesus, can you not be called a "good" person? Or does it go deeper than that? Does it more depend on how we feel or how we think?
Well, IF you could keep the standard for righteousness that Jesus set, then yes, you would be a good person. However, do you really believe that is possible? Have you ever looked at a woman and lusted after her? (in other words, did you try to visualize her naked or fantasize about having sex with her?) If you have EVER done that in your lifetime, then you are guilty of sexual immorality.

Have you ever lied? For any reason? Even "little white lies" that don't cause anyone harm are still lies.

Have you ever disobeyed your parents? Taken something that didn't belong to you? Held a grudge against someone who did you harm?

If you have done any of those things, even once in your life, then you have fallen short of GOD's standard and there is nothing you can do to erase those mistakes from your past. Nothing. Which is why you need Jesus, because He will cover your sins with His righteousness and it will be like you had never sinned.

So you tell me, is it possible to keep the standard that Jesus set?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-11-2009, 02:54 AM
shon8121
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It means that you have the seeds of murder growing in your heart, so you can never look upon someone who is in prison for murder and consider yourself a better person than them.



Well, IF you could keep the standard for righteousness that Jesus set, then yes, you would be a good person. However, do you really believe that is possible? Have you ever looked at a woman and lusted after her? (in other words, did you try to visualize her naked or fantasize about having sex with her?) If you have EVER done that in your lifetime, then you are guilty of sexual immorality.

Have you ever lied? For any reason? Even "little white lies" that don't cause anyone harm are still lies.

Have you ever disobeyed your parents? Taken something that didn't belong to you? Held a grudge against someone who did you harm?

If you have done any of those things, even once in your life, then you have fallen short of GOD's standard and there is nothing you can do to erase those mistakes from your past. Nothing. Which is why you need Jesus, because He will cover your sins with His righteousness and it will be like you had never sinned.

So you tell me, is it possible to keep the standard that Jesus set?

Well the question was more about behavior versus thoughts. When it comes to thoughts... oh boy am I in trouble. There has been lust all over the place. Haha.
Do I think it's possible to keep the standard that Jesus met? Sure, if we have a child raised by robots with all of the things he/she could ever want made available to them! Haha.
Just kidding. It seems to be pretty much impossible.

But come on. Can I truly not look at a Murderer in prison and (not having committed the crime) consider myself a better person than they are?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
Well the question was more about behavior versus thoughts. When it comes to thoughts... oh boy am I in trouble. There has been lust all over the place. Haha.
Do I think it's possible to keep the standard that Jesus met? Sure, if we have a child raised by robots with all of the things he/she could ever want made available to them! Haha.
Just kidding. It seems to be pretty much impossible.

But come on. Can I truly not look at a Murderer in prison and (not having committed the crime) consider myself a better person than they are?
That is because you lack basic elementary understanding of our faith. God does not deal with us on actions alone, but your thought and what is in your heart as well. So if you hate someone you are a murderer according to God and are no better. This is why we need Jesus as our savior because in and of ourself we are not able to be good enough for anything let alone salvation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.