Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 11-11-2009, 02:48 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You are probably right, but what will the UFC be doing when more fighters start taking that approach and getting themselves on national television and making more money with sponsors? The UFC has a great product, and I don't think they are going anywhere for a while, but eventually something has gotta give.

Right now the UFC is the top dog, like the NFL, NBA, or MLB. However, unlike those leagues where there are unions and a countless number of checks and balances, the UFC is private and it's clear that a lot of fighters have been less than thrilled about working with them.
Yeah, I'd imagine things will change at some point, but when I don't really know. Didn't Matt and some of the other fighters have to fight with Dana to use their own walk-in music? I remember reading something like that a year ago or so on this forum.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:52 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Yeah, I'd imagine things will change at some point, but when I don't really know. Didn't Matt and some of the other fighters have to fight with Dana to use their own walk-in music? I remember reading something like that a year ago or so on this forum.
I don't remember that, but I can imagine there is some red-tape with using certain music.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:26 AM
wavetar

Oh man...I can't imagine more red tape involved than Cro Cop using "Wild Boys" as his entrance music. Lol. (yes, I realize he's used it for years, and that people across the pond somehow view it as...somehow less geh than here)
Old 11-11-2009, 06:11 AM
Via Con Dios

i say mo power to Fedor, even if it means i dont ever get to see him pwn the UFC lineup.

the way UFC runs their organization its good to see people causing unrest in their MMA monopoly.