Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
that is why the UFC won't budge on the co-promotion .. they know that if they do it with fedor, it will cause other big names (anderson, gsp, lesnar) to think, hey if fedor can do it, why can't i ... i doubt we will see the ufc bend to fedor .. too bad, i would like to see him and lesnar .. i think he beats lesnar, but just to do it .. right now, all people can do is argue about who would win ...
Right, but eventually they will have to bend. It might now be now, but down the road I think it is inevitable.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:28 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Right, but eventually they will have to bend. It might now be now, but down the road I think it is inevitable.
yeah, it is inevitable ... might as well be to the best fighter in mma ...

dana is feeling the crunch and we'll see how he handles it ...
Old 11-10-2009, 07:15 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84 View Post
Of course Dana knows Fedor could do that, he is a businessman and is trying to get a good deal. I wasn't impressed by Fedor's performance at all, he seemed slowly and not what he usually is. Hearing Fedor got paid 400,000 I was suprised, I figured he would have been paid more, but not sure how much he gets for the co-promotion. Dana would be stupid to co-promote with M1, they don't need Fedor, infact there are people that would draw higher ratings than him to fight lesnar, since he isn't widely known yet in the US.
What fight were you watching? Even Rogers after the fight, commented about how fast and loose Fedor was!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:17 PM
CAVEMAN

If the UFC wants Fedor, they need to do it in the next year or 2. Fedor is what, 33 or 34? Not too many years left, probably........
Old 11-10-2009, 07:27 PM
atomdanger

"The guy just got his face smashed in by Brett Rogers. Do you know what Brock or [UFC heavyweights] Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez would do to Brett Rogers?" White said. "It's time to bring this guy [Fedor] in, to see Brock Lesnar smash his head."

Ehhh, horrible statement.
For one, it was a fingernail and Fedor never lost composure.
I would also give Rogers a solid chance against Cain or Mir.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

UFC won't ever give into that co-promotion BS with M-1. M-1 will die when Fedor retires anyways. The whole thing is a joke. They might as well just call it "Fedor MMA Co."
Old 11-10-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
"The guy just got his face smashed in by Brett Rogers. Do you know what Brock or [UFC heavyweights] Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez would do to Brett Rogers?" White said. "It's time to bring this guy [Fedor] in, to see Brock Lesnar smash his head."

Ehhh, horrible statement.
For one, it was a fingernail and Fedor never lost composure.
I would also give Rogers a solid chance against Cain or Mir.
LOL, I agree, horrible statement. Cain would get KOed or submitted. If Rogers couldn't finish Fedor with those big shots, no way Cain does it with his punches. Rogers would smash Cain at some point IMO. He defended really well against Fedor, I was impressed with that.

Mir against Fedor, LOL, right

Brock, as long as he can avoid the standup, would definitely do well against Fedor on the ground. He neutralized Mir really well. Same patience could do well against Fedor I'd think.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:41 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84 View Post
Of course Dana knows Fedor could do that, he is a businessman and is trying to get a good deal. I wasn't impressed by Fedor's performance at all, he seemed slowly and not what he usually is. Hearing Fedor got paid 400,000 I was suprised, I figured he would have been paid more, but not sure how much he gets for the co-promotion. Dana would be stupid to co-promote with M1, they don't need Fedor, infact there are people that would draw higher ratings than him to fight lesnar, since he isn't widely known yet in the US.
Please link me to any Fedor fights where he looked faster?
What was the last HW fighter that did impress you?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:43 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Dana is being smart not to co promote at this time! The big talk from both sides is probably a negotiation tactic!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:59 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
UFC won't ever give into that co-promotion BS with M-1. M-1 will die when Fedor retires anyways. The whole thing is a joke. They might as well just call it "Fedor MMA Co."
You are probably right, but what will the UFC be doing when more fighters start taking that approach and getting themselves on national television and making more money with sponsors? The UFC has a great product, and I don't think they are going anywhere for a while, but eventually something has gotta give.

Right now the UFC is the top dog, like the NFL, NBA, or MLB. However, unlike those leagues where there are unions and a countless number of checks and balances, the UFC is private and it's clear that a lot of fighters have been less than thrilled about working with them.