Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

View Poll Results: Pac/Cotto, how will the fight end?
Pac by KO 3 37.50%
Cotto by KO 0 0%
Pac by TKO 2 25.00%
Cotto by TKO 0 0%
Pac by decision 2 25.00%
Cotto by decision 0 0%
Draw 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Oh yeah, check out Wapakman...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osc0qIQbiB0

Guess Manny is a movie star now...
Yeah, Manny is everywhere in the Philippines. You go to the mall, they are displaying his karaoke standup and microphone. He's made a music album, there's bobbleheads, etc. When I went there in May 2007, he was doing his first political run. Most people just wanted him to box which is why he lost the election.

He's by far the most popular person in the Philippines, it is true "PacMania" there. Some people there are tired of hearing about him though, lol
Old 11-12-2009, 01:47 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Yeah, Manny is everywhere in the Philippines. You go to the mall, they are displaying his karaoke standup and microphone. He's made a music album, there's bobbleheads, etc. When I went there in May 2007, he was doing his first political run. Most people just wanted him to box which is why he lost the election.

He's by far the most popular person in the Philippines, it is true "PacMania" there. Some people there are tired of hearing about him though, lol
Thats awesome for Manny. Boxing needs more stars that stand out like Manny and Floyd, it is good for the whole sport.

Although, if Floyd dressed up in that ridiculous suit that Manny had on, I don't think you would ever let me hear the end of it, lol
Old 11-12-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Thats awesome for Manny. Boxing needs more stars that stand out like Manny and Floyd, it is good for the whole sport.

Although, if Floyd dressed up in that ridiculous suit that Manny had on, I don't think you would ever let me hear the end of it, lol
LOL, yeah, things are much different in the Philippines than they are here. Something I thought was weird was how accepted gays are there and it's a VERY Catholic dominated country. So much that even divorce is outlawed.

But, you never know, Floyd did say he wants to be a pro-wrestler. Since he enjoys dressing in the Mexican colors, maybe he'll come is as one of the Mexican-style wrestlers with those crazy outfit/mask combinations.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:30 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, yeah, things are much different in the Philippines than they are here. Something I thought was weird was how accepted gays are there and it's a VERY Catholic dominated country. So much that even divorce is outlawed.

But, you never know, Floyd did say he wants to be a pro-wrestler. Since he enjoys dressing in the Mexican colors, maybe he'll come is as one of the Mexican-style wrestlers with those crazy outfit/mask combinations.
I honestly don't think Floyd has the RIGHT charisma to be a very entertaining pro-wrestler. He's got the fight game, and the talking end of it down just fine, but I don't think he would be able to pull of any other character but himself, and that don't make a good pro-wrestler, at least not to me personally.

Although, the Mexican colors and sombrero against DLH was hilarious.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
I honestly don't think Floyd has the RIGHT charisma to be a very entertaining pro-wrestler. He's got the fight game, and the talking end of it down just fine, but I don't think he would be able to pull of any other character but himself, and that don't make a good pro-wrestler, at least not to me personally.

Although, the Mexican colors and sombrero against DLH was hilarious.

Yeah, I agree, no way he'd be able to escape the character of himself and be considered legit. Even if he came in as himself, it's only the special appearances as himself that are appealing. I'm sure everybody would get tired of him punching the Big Show, especially when the whole world knows Big Show could throw him through the rafters

Yeah, I was laughing my ass off when he came to the ring wearing that get-up!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:45 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Ya gotta admit, it was hilarious seeing Floyd's crew carrying him out of the arena and Big Show dragging them back to the ring.

Also, I think if I remember correctly, the first time Mayweather actually punched Big Show, to set up the little fued, he actually broke his nose on accident.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

LOL, yeah, that was great!

I was wondering if that was supposed to happen or if it was an accident. If Big Show truly set himself to take that, then kudos to him. I'm guessing it wasn't an accident though because Big Show has a giant head, he wasn't moving, and everybody knows Mayweather punches with tremendous accuracy. And at the very least, it wouldn't be in Mayweather's character to throw that cheap shot so I think it was set up to happen.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I think Show was definitely ready to take the shot, but I don't think the actual nose breaking was intentional, at least that was is what I remember reading at the time.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Weigh-in results:

Pacquiao - 144
Cotto - 145

Both fighters look ripped and ready! This is going to be an awesome fight!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:34 AM
Stump Rules!

I just voted...when is the fight? It's not over is it?

http://stumpdotcom.com/