Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 11-05-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default TUF 10.7 (Spoilers!!)

Damn, I'm impressed with Marcus Jones! I had NO idea he could pull off something like that, very very impressive win by Marcus "Big Baby" Jones!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:11 AM
atomdanger

Yeah, not too bad. It was quick, Rampage certainly isn't making me sad that he is gone.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Damn, I'm impressed with Marcus Jones! I had NO idea he could pull off something like that, very very impressive win by Marcus "Big Baby" Jones!
I'm torn - I wanted Rampage to look bad because he's acted like such a jerk, but Marcus is by far my favorite guy on the show, and I'm hoping he wins it. A guy that strong with solid technique can pull some subs like crazy. Plus, I was incredibly impressed with the respect he shows the other fighters in the house and the coaches, the deference to Rampage's choice being the big example. It was a genuine moment that showed a very good character on his part.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Buzzard

I was quite happy Marcus won. He seems like a good guy and I'd love to see him take it all.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMeh View Post
I'm torn - I wanted Rampage to look bad because he's acted like such a jerk, but Marcus is by far my favorite guy on the show, and I'm hoping he wins it. A guy that strong with solid technique can pull some subs like crazy. Plus, I was incredibly impressed with the respect he shows the other fighters in the house and the coaches, the deference to Rampage's choice being the big example. It was a genuine moment that showed a very good character on his part.
I hear ya. I wanted to see Rampage lose all fights, but not enough that I wanted to see Marcus lose. That guy's got some amazing raw talent. I never expected him to do anything once he got on his back. Amazing!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:12 PM

He's so freakin' long, that armbar wasn't much for him to pull off against someone so much smaller than him. When they showed the warm ups, he slapped on a triangle pretty quick too. We'll see how he does against the next few fighters. I have a feeling that he's going to get knocked out with his chin leaning the way into a clinch.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:52 PM

How crazy would it be if Team Rampage lost all but 1 fight and still got a guy in the finals?
I think Jones will handle Schoonover. He's going to be a tough fight for anyone.

[
Old 11-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
How crazy would it be if Team Rampage lost all but 1 fight and still got a guy in the finals?
I think Jones will handle Schoonover. He's going to be a tough fight for anyone.
Matt lost all but 2 if I remember correctly and got both his guys in the finals so it could happen. So much of TUF is picking the fights. If you have control of that (and you know how to pick fights) over half of your team should move on to the next round. Just look at Jens vs BJ. Jens had the first fight picked and just picked fights that were good match ups for his fighters until it came down to the 4 guys that BJ had that were better than his final 4.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Hughes fanboy

Roy Nelson vs. Justin Wren
Marcus vs. "Titties"
Brendan vs. Jon Madsen
British guy vs. Matt

I believe either Marcus or Justin will take the contract.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 11-05-2009, 05:24 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Matt lost all but 2 if I remember correctly and got both his guys in the finals so it could happen. So much of TUF is picking the fights. If you have control of that (and you know how to pick fights) over half of your team should move on to the next round. Just look at Jens vs BJ. Jens had the first fight picked and just picked fights that were good match ups for his fighters until it came down to the 4 guys that BJ had that were better than his final 4.
Yeah, having control REALLY makes a difference.