Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 11-05-2009, 05:20 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

Its happening on the same strikeforce card as Fedor...and I dont know who will win
Oh come on!!!!

Gegard is going to maul him, this fight should be fairly one sided.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Jason 16

gegard could easly be the champ in the ufc at MW LHW and be a top contender at HW . he has fights and won at all three weights as well as after he koed babalu sobral he said he would take a fight as low as middle if he was asked
Old 11-07-2009, 02:45 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
gegard could easly be the champ in the ufc at MW LHW and be a top contender at HW . he has fights and won at all three weights as well as after he koed babalu sobral he said he would take a fight as low as middle if he was asked
whoa buddy let's not get exaggerated here. "easily" be the champ in the UFC... at MW, LHW and be a top contender at HW? LOL. i'm not saying he couldn't do one of those things, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and say he could do all those things "easily". that's speculating way too much.

mousasi has some good wins under his belt but has he ever faced anderson silva? no. lyoto machida? no. lesnar? no. i think he is a bit afraid to come to UFC. it's a whole different world here with much better fighters than who he has been fighting. he beat babalu, but babalu was never great in UFC, and got kicked out. he beat kang, but kang came to UFC and has looked less than stellar so far. he beat manhoef, but that's essentially beating a K-1 fighter with BJJ because manhoef has less than 0 ground skills. mousasi will probably beat soku but soku couldn't hang in the UFC and got released. the top fighters in UFC are much better in every aspect than the opponents he has been beating.
anyways, my point is, he would not "easily" become champ of anything in UFC, let alone MW, LHW and be a top contender in HW.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Oh come on!!!!

Gegard is going to maul him, this fight should be fairly one sided.
haha exactly
Old 11-07-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
whoa buddy let's not get exaggerated here. "easily" be the champ in the UFC... at MW, LHW and be a top contender at HW? LOL. i'm not saying he couldn't do one of those things, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and say he could do all those things "easily". that's speculating way too much.

mousasi has some good wins under his belt but has he ever faced anderson silva? no. lyoto machida? no. lesnar? no. i think he is a bit afraid to come to UFC. it's a whole different world here with much better fighters than who he has been fighting. he beat babalu, but babalu was never great in UFC, and got kicked out. he beat kang, but kang came to UFC and has looked less than stellar so far. he beat manhoef, but that's essentially beating a K-1 fighter with BJJ because manhoef has less than 0 ground skills. mousasi will probably beat soku but soku couldn't hang in the UFC and got released. the top fighters in UFC are much better in every aspect than the opponents he has been beating.
anyways, my point is, he would not "easily" become champ of anything in UFC, let alone MW, LHW and be a top contender in HW.
Babalu got kicked out because of that choke he held on to long not cause he wasn't good enough
Old 11-07-2009, 11:47 AM
County Mike

I think Gegard will win. Suckorchew hasn't really impressed me.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Soko is overrated by a lot of people in my opinion.

He has the skills but he is a stupid fighter. He doesn't use his brain when he fights.

Gegard takes this fight in the first.

Rogan Voice.. /Right On the BUTTON!!!
and this from a :(fan...
Old 11-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post

Dude.. Renato had a 10 fight winning streak.. against NAMES!!! No real cans...Chuck "bookended" him just like he said he would... He was dropped from the UFC for being a tool in a fight.. no other reason.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:15 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I think Gegard will win. Suckorchew hasn't really impressed me.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

************************SPOILER

Gegard Won