Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-05-2009, 05:20 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post


Its happening on the same strikeforce card as Fedor...and I dont know who will win
Oh come on!!!!

Gegard is going to maul him, this fight should be fairly one sided.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Jason 16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

gegard could easly be the champ in the ufc at MW LHW and be a top contender at HW . he has fights and won at all three weights as well as after he koed babalu sobral he said he would take a fight as low as middle if he was asked
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-07-2009, 02:45 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
gegard could easly be the champ in the ufc at MW LHW and be a top contender at HW . he has fights and won at all three weights as well as after he koed babalu sobral he said he would take a fight as low as middle if he was asked
whoa buddy let's not get exaggerated here. "easily" be the champ in the UFC... at MW, LHW and be a top contender at HW? LOL. i'm not saying he couldn't do one of those things, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and say he could do all those things "easily". that's speculating way too much.

mousasi has some good wins under his belt but has he ever faced anderson silva? no. lyoto machida? no. lesnar? no. i think he is a bit afraid to come to UFC. it's a whole different world here with much better fighters than who he has been fighting. he beat babalu, but babalu was never great in UFC, and got kicked out. he beat kang, but kang came to UFC and has looked less than stellar so far. he beat manhoef, but that's essentially beating a K-1 fighter with BJJ because manhoef has less than 0 ground skills. mousasi will probably beat soku but soku couldn't hang in the UFC and got released. the top fighters in UFC are much better in every aspect than the opponents he has been beating.
anyways, my point is, he would not "easily" become champ of anything in UFC, let alone MW, LHW and be a top contender in HW.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Oh come on!!!!

Gegard is going to maul him, this fight should be fairly one sided.
haha exactly
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-07-2009, 03:08 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
whoa buddy let's not get exaggerated here. "easily" be the champ in the UFC... at MW, LHW and be a top contender at HW? LOL. i'm not saying he couldn't do one of those things, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and say he could do all those things "easily". that's speculating way too much.

mousasi has some good wins under his belt but has he ever faced anderson silva? no. lyoto machida? no. lesnar? no. i think he is a bit afraid to come to UFC. it's a whole different world here with much better fighters than who he has been fighting. he beat babalu, but babalu was never great in UFC, and got kicked out. he beat kang, but kang came to UFC and has looked less than stellar so far. he beat manhoef, but that's essentially beating a K-1 fighter with BJJ because manhoef has less than 0 ground skills. mousasi will probably beat soku but soku couldn't hang in the UFC and got released. the top fighters in UFC are much better in every aspect than the opponents he has been beating.
anyways, my point is, he would not "easily" become champ of anything in UFC, let alone MW, LHW and be a top contender in HW.
Babalu got kicked out because of that choke he held on to long not cause he wasn't good enough
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-07-2009, 11:47 AM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think Gegard will win. Suckorchew hasn't really impressed me.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Soko is overrated by a lot of people in my opinion.

He has the skills but he is a stupid fighter. He doesn't use his brain when he fights.

Gegard takes this fight in the first.

Rogan Voice.. /Right On the BUTTON!!!
and this from a :(fan...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
whoa buddy let's not get exaggerated here. "easily" be the champ in the UFC... at MW, LHW and be a top contender at HW? LOL. i'm not saying he couldn't do one of those things, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and say he could do all those things "easily". that's speculating way too much.

mousasi has some good wins under his belt but has he ever faced anderson silva? no. lyoto machida? no. lesnar? no. i think he is a bit afraid to come to UFC. it's a whole different world here with much better fighters than who he has been fighting. he beat babalu, but babalu was never great in UFC, and got kicked out. he beat kang, but kang came to UFC and has looked less than stellar so far. he beat manhoef, but that's essentially beating a K-1 fighter with BJJ because manhoef has less than 0 ground skills. mousasi will probably beat soku but soku couldn't hang in the UFC and got released. the top fighters in UFC are much better in every aspect than the opponents he has been beating.
anyways, my point is, he would not "easily" become champ of anything in UFC, let alone MW, LHW and be a top contender in HW.

Dude.. Renato had a 10 fight winning streak.. against NAMES!!! No real cans...Chuck "bookended" him just like he said he would... He was dropped from the UFC for being a tool in a fight.. no other reason.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-08-2009, 01:15 PM
cubsfan47
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I think Gegard will win. Suckorchew hasn't really impressed me.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

************************SPOILER































Gegard Won
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.