Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-04-2009, 04:24 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Hope your right brother
We'll see. In 12months we'll get to find out if the rest of the country feels the same way about Obama as you & I do, but for now, let's enjoy the fact that at least we've managed to talk some sense into our own states!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:27 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
However, I have to say I lost a lot of respect for Palin when she resigned as Governer.

She showed she was either greedy for cash or that she was way to soft to even think about being President.

You can't cry because a comedian made a joke about your kid. Imagine what would happen if she was President? They would eat her alive.
I think that's over-simplifying that, Chris. It wasn't just a joke about her kid. He said her under-age daughter was in the back having sex with a total stranger. If a comedian called my daughter a whore, no matter her age, my rank, or his popularity, you better believe that I'd have an "emotional" reaction to what he said.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I think that's over-simplifying that, Chris. It wasn't just a joke about her kid. He said her under-age daughter was in the back having sex with a total stranger. If a comedian called my daughter a whore, no matter her age, my rank, or his popularity, you better believe that I'd have an "emotional" reaction to what he said.
Sure but resigning because your distracted by all the media attention?

She quit brother. You need to be strong in politics ESPECIALLY if you want to be considered oval office material.

resigning was a bad idea and it looks poorly on her. She can spin how she wants but it just screams I can't handle the pressure.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:34 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Sure but resigning because your distracted by all the media attention?

She quit brother. You need to be strong in politics ESPECIALLY if you want to be considered oval office material.

resigning was a bad idea and it looks poorly on her. She can spin how she wants but it just screams I can't handle the pressure.
Yeah, I'm kinda non-plussed by that decision, too. I'd be shocked if she tried to mount a presidential run.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:49 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
However, I have to say I lost a lot of respect for Palin when she resigned as Governer.

She showed she was either greedy for cash or that she was way to soft to even think about being President.

You can't cry because a comedian made a joke about your kid. Imagine what would happen if she was President? They would eat her alive.
Hang on, that's really easy to say from the sidelines, but there is more than one way of thinking on that issue.

Palin's personal celebrity had grown to a point where it's probably better for the state of Alaska that she did step down. I don't think she was too soft at all, I think she made a decision that fit not only her best interests but the state of Alaska's as well. David Letterman is a first rate ass-clown and a pathetic display of FAIL that does not even remotely resemble comedy. Palin was right to stand up against Letterman.

If it was your daughter, I bet you would like to punch Letterman right in his jaw, am I right? I know I would. People who are public figures or leaders are still human, and they still have a right to defend themselves and their family from lying reporters and ignorant fools like Letterman. I don't think she was too over the top about it, she called him out, and he apologized. That was that. I think Palin also showed that she had pretty thick skin during the election, especially by going on Saturday Night Live with Tina Fey.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
Hang on, that's really easy to say from the sidelines, but there is more than one way of thinking on that issue.

Palin's personal celebrity had grown to a point where it's probably better for the state of Alaska that she did step down. I don't think she was too soft at all, I think she made a decision that fit not only her best interests but the state of Alaska's as well. David Letterman is a first rate ass-clown and a pathetic display of FAIL that does not even remotely resemble comedy. Palin was right to stand up against Letterman.

If it was your daughter, I bet you would like to punch Letterman right in his jaw, am I right? I know I would. People who are public figures or leaders are still human, and they still have a right to defend themselves and their family from lying reporters and ignorant fools like Letterman. I don't think she was too over the top about it, she called him out, and he apologized. That was that. I think Palin also showed that she had pretty thick skin during the election, especially by going on Saturday Night Live with Tina Fey.
So if she was President and the cameras where always in her face it would be different? It wouldn't be as big deal because she is President instead of governer?

It would be in the best interest of nation if she stepped down as President because people write about her?

I dunno bout that one JB.

If she is still willing to be President then you can't deny that she didn't take her job as governer seriously.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:13 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
To be fair, the joke was intended to be about the pregnant daughter, not the baby ... and in the end, the real joke was supposed to be something like, had Palin's daughter been an intern on the show, the host woulda probably had been the one that knocked her up ...
Old 11-04-2009, 05:15 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
"The Economy: It's Not a Tumor!!"
Oh, that is good ...
Old 11-04-2009, 05:52 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
So if she was President and the cameras where always in her face it would be different? It wouldn't be as big deal because she is President instead of governer?

It would be in the best interest of nation if she stepped down as President because people write about her?

I dunno bout that one JB.

If she is still willing to be President then you can't deny that she didn't take her job as governer seriously.
First off, I said nothing about Palin being President, but I will bite...

It's pretty easy to understand. If she is interested in doing something else in politics, such as run for president, then the amount of attention being drawn to her ends up putting her on such a stage that the SHE becomes the main center of attention and NOT the issues facing people in Alaska. That's when it would become in her and the states best interest to resign. Did you ever stop and think that maybe she has no interest in being President at this point and just wants the circus to be over?

Being the President is much different than running a state. Just because she felt it was time for her to resign as Governor does not mean she was not taking her job seriously. If you have too much going on in your outside life to do the job to the best of your abilities then it is the right decision to step down. It is much more respectable, and actually shows a lot more character to do that than to try and continue and end up making big mistakes that hurt the state.

If she ever got back into politics down the road, I would not hold it against her. Now, I am not saying that I would necessarily vote for or against her, but I don't think she has much of a chance of ever becoming President, and I think she knows it.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:57 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
To be fair, the joke was intended to be about the pregnant daughter, not the baby ...
So what?

Should that make Sarah Palin or her husband LESS angry?

Again, take out the Palin's and insert yourself. If some ass-hat comedian said that about your daughter, would you get mad?