Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-04-2009, 03:44 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
It would have to be somebody much more low key than the Terminator, yet somebody who is not perceived as another dirty politician.

I think a celebrity like Arnold is a bit too over-exposed to really be a successful politician. The general population are always going to look at him and think of his movies. Not to mention, even blind people who have never actually "seen" his movies would automatically think of his movies just because of his crazy voice.
I think a Chuck Norris/Jet Li ticket would be perfect!!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
It would have to be somebody much more low key than the Terminator, yet somebody who is not perceived as another dirty politician.

I think a celebrity like Arnold is a bit too over-exposed to really be a successful politician. The general population are always going to look at him and think of his movies. Not to mention, even blind people who have never actually "seen" his movies would automatically think of his movies just because of his crazy voice.
I am sure that some people thought the same of Ronald Reagan when he was running ... I am too young to remember, but you are rght, Arnold is a bigger celeb and his campaign ads would have line's from his movies like "Obama, Hasta La Vista Baby" or "Don't worry cahlifornya .. i'll be back .. in 8 years" ... would be quite interesting ... LOL
Old 11-04-2009, 03:58 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
I am sure that some people thought the same of Ronald Reagan when he was running ... I am too young to remember, but you are rght, Arnold is a bigger celeb and his campaign ads would have line's from his movies like "Obama, Hasta La Vista Baby" or "Don't worry cahlifornya .. i'll be back .. in 8 years" ... would be quite interesting ... LOL
"The Economy: It's Not a Tumor!!"
Old 11-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Crisco

Lets run Mccain WITHOUT a super conservative runningmate.

If not for Palin turning off the moderate voters Mccain would have been had a great shot at beating Obama.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:12 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Lets run a super conservative runningmate WITHOUT Mccain.

If not for Mccain turning off the conservative voters Palin would have been had a great shot at beating Obama.
Fixed.

I'm sick of the Republican party believing that we need to rush to the center in order to win. Gallup Polls show that Conservatives make up 40% of the nation, while Liberals are only 21% (Gallup.com). That's a 2-1 margin. Yesterday's election saw the independents flocking to the GOP here in VA because our candidates were running solid, old-fashioned, conservative campaigns & that resonated with the voters who are sick of the liberal hooey that's been crammed down their throats for years. We weren't trying to woo them with moderate policies that drift closer & closer to liberalism, we were adamant that we needed to be social & economic conservative & we won by more than 17 points.

If necessary, we need to take a page from Doug Hoffman's book & if the Republican party picks a sub-par candidate, we run our own, truly conservative candidate instead.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Fixed.

I'm sick of the Republican party believing that we need to rush to the center in order to win. Gallup Polls show that Conservatives make up 40% of the nation, while Liberals are only 25% (Gallup.com). Yesterday's election saw the independents flocking to the GOP here in VA because our candidates were running solid, old-fashioned, conservative campaigns & that resonated with the voters who are sick of the liberal hooey that's been crammed down their throats for years.

If necessary, we need to take a page from Doug Hoffman's book & if the Republican party picks a sub-par candidate, we run our own, truly conservative candidate instead.
The problem is ben you have to look to the electoral college not just how many people are conservatives there champ.

In order to win a campaign against a super charismatic D-bag such as Obama you cannot try to win with purely conservative campaign. IT WILL NOT WORK.

The conservatives would vote for Mccain no matter who his running mate was because they would not vote for Obama. However, some of the people swayed to Obama where swayed because of Mccains choice of running mate.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:20 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Lets run Mccain WITHOUT a super conservative runningmate.

If not for Palin turning off the moderate voters Mccain would have been had a great shot at beating Obama.
It's not Palin's fault.

The undeniable reason that Obama won this election was the young and black voters. Obama is much more appealing to the general idiot than John McCain. To them it basically looked like this...

VS

Fresh Prince wins every time.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:21 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
The problem is ben you have to look to the electoral college not just how many people are conservatives there champ.

In order to win a campaign against a super charismatic D-bag such as Obama you cannot try to win with purely conservative campaign. IT WILL NOT WORK.

The conservatives would vote for Mccain no matter who his running mate was because they would not vote for Obama. However, some of the people swayed to Obama where swayed because of his choice of running mate.
Yeah, but as Nate has attested to many times, others were swayed to voting for McCain because of Palin. Believe me, after 4yrs of this malarky, people are going to begging for a fiscal (not to mention social) conservative to step in and clean up the royal mess Obama will have made. The Tea Parties began after only a couple of months of the Obama Presidency & it led to one of the bluest states in US history turning bright red. Imagine what another 36months of this Obamarchy will do,
Old 11-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, but as Nate has attested to many times, others were swayed to voting for McCain because of Palin. Believe me, after 4yrs of this malarky, people are going to begging for a fiscal (not to mention social) conservative to step in and clean up the royal mess Obama will have made. The Tea Parties began after only a couple of months of the Obama Presidency & it led to one of the bluest states in US history turning bright red. Imagine what another 36months of this Obamarchy will do,
Hope your right brother
Old 11-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Crisco

However, I have to say I lost a lot of respect for Palin when she resigned as Governer.

She showed she was either greedy for cash or that she was way to soft to even think about being President.

You can't cry because a comedian made a joke about your kid. Imagine what would happen if she was President? They would eat her alive.