Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-09-2009, 01:24 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Does the Queen really have to physically sign off on any Canadian piece of Legislature

Well...I worry about Canada and Australia going for the exit when Elizabeth dies....most of those who like the Monarchy...arent really a fan of the Monarchy...they are a fan of a particular Monarch
The queen will appoint a governor general for Canada. The Governor general is bestowed all of the queens powers while in Canada. So everytime we pass a bill, she has to sign it, as she is acting as the appointed head of state in place of the queen.....it just irks me. The monarch doesnt do anything, yet they still should sign off on our laws. I mean, i know its just a symbolic thing, but still.....

What are you so worried about? is the british government going to collapse if the they leave the monarch? does the british government really DEPEND on these nations being a part of their commonwealth for survival? Are they actively involved in the politics of either country? Is the sky going to fall?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
The queen will appoint a governor general for Canada. The Governor general is bestowed all of the queens powers while in Canada. So everytime we pass a bill, she has to sign it, as she is acting as the appointed head of state in place of the queen.....it just irks me. The monarch doesnt do anything, yet they still should sign off on our laws. I mean, i know its just a symbolic thing, but still.....

What are you so worried about? is the british government going to collapse if the they leave the monarch? does the british government really DEPEND on these nations being a part of their commonwealth for survival? Are they actively involved in the politics of either country? Is the sky going to fall?

The British Government wont Collapse, Infact the British Government might move to disband the Monarchy all together.

The Commonwealth might collapse though...there are only three major contributors to it...India, Australia, and Canada...two out of three might make the whole thing unviable.

Would that end the world no...but it would truely mark the final end of The British Empire I'm an Imperial Royalist....so it would effectivly mark a catatastrophe for me.

Supposing Elizabeth dies, and Charles threatens to become King...causing Australia and Canada to leave the commonwealth, and the Commonwealth collapses and then is dissolved. Then Charles whose meddlesome as it is, comes up against opposition, and the Monarchy is deposed.

From my perspective, ive just lost King and Country over bloody night No Empire, No Monarchy....The Parliamentarians win the Civil War AGAIN
Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
The British Government wont Collapse, Infact the British Government might move to disband the Monarchy all together.

The Commonwealth might collapse though...there are only three major contributors to it...India, Australia, and Canada...two out of three might make the whole thing unviable.

Would that end the world no...but it would truely mark the final end of The British Empire I'm an Imperial Royalist....so it would effectivly mark a catatastrophe for me.

Supposing Elizabeth dies, and Charles threatens to become King...causing Australia and Canada to leave the commonwealth, and the Commonwealth collapses and then is dissolved. Then Charles whose meddlesome as it is, comes up against opposition, and the Monarchy is deposed.

From my perspective, ive just lost King and Country over bloody night No Empire, No Monarchy....The Parliamentarians win the Civil War AGAIN
I am just curious, and you dont have to answer if you dont want to.

Why are you so loyal to the monarch? What are they doing for you? now my knowledge of british legislature is a pretty rusty, but is the queen, or dukes, or DUTCHESS OF CORNWALL (who i cant stand by the way) sitting in the house of lords fighting for you? you may not agree with all the laws parliament passes, but at least they are trying to do something....while charles is out having multiple affairs on his current wife (and former mistress) and Prince Phillip is drinking the finest brandy in buckingham palace. I mean even in WW II, it was churchill who was trying to fight and beat the germans. What was the queen doing?

I ask, because maybe it will help me understand why so many old canadians love the monarch. As far as i can tell, they just come to town and wave a few times, wearing fancy clothes.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:53 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
I am just curious, and you dont have to answer if you dont want to.

Why are you so loyal to the monarch? What are they doing for you? now my knowledge of british legislature is a pretty rusty, but is the queen, or dukes, or DUTCHESS OF CORNWALL (who i cant stand by the way) sitting in the house of lords fighting for you? you may not agree with all the laws parliament passes, but at least they are trying to do something....while charles is out having multiple affairs on his current wife (and former mistress) and Prince Phillip is drinking the finest brandy in buckingham palace. I mean even in WW II, it was churchill who was trying to fight and beat the germans. What was the queen doing?

I ask, because maybe it will help me understand why so many old canadians love the monarch. As far as i can tell, they just come to town and wave a few times, wearing fancy clothes.
The Monarch is The Embodiment of the Nation. They are The Defender of The Anglican Faith. They are Head of the Commonwealth. They stretch in an unbroken line back more then Two Thousand Years. They are symbolic of our Nations Heratage

But you have to understand that they are diminished.

The Royal Family all have titles that still hold to the Previous couple of Kingdoms that were in Existance before England. Cornwall, Wessex, Kent, Wales, Scotland. They dont really deal with Parliament...not even the House of Lords.

During the War they were like Rocks for the Nation. Winston Churchill wasnt in office when the war began, and he dissapeared by demand of the people the moment the war ended...and his reign in the 50s was so dire its been forgotten like a repressed memory...but the Queen Mother, who refused to leave Buckingham Palace in Central London during the Blitz because she desired to see and suffer just like her people was beloved until she died, and her Daughter for similar reasons...people of principle, faultless and tireless in their lifes profession that they had no choice over. Selected, they truely believe, by GOD

You see, one of the heartbreaking things for Elizabeth must be the fact that though she is about to break the record for oldest living monarch in history, and longest reigning monarch in history...her entire reign has been so much a service to others that shes seen nothing but the loss of political power.

The Monarchy is supposed to be a Dictatorship, a Political Dictatorship, and it is supposed to be an Imperial one, based on the aquisition of land, and the spread of an Empire. She should rule Parliament not the other way round. She should be head of the Church...but she is becoming a paperweight...officially she has powers...but she will never exercise them...because that would be her demise...the parliamentarians would not allow it. She knows that. She thus chose to be a kinda political advisor more then a direct person of power.

She more or less does exactly to Government, as I do to this Forum. She doesnt really ever execute direct power. but she does nothing but talk to those who do. She gets to know them well, and perhaps she can sway them occasionally. She also holds public support...albiet paper thin, for who she is, not what she does...if push comes to shove, they would abandon her...but just like on this forum...i'm the quirky little english man who during the normal everyday running is simply a fascination.

I dont know as much as half the people on here about MMA...I dont even train. But she is an Institution...and someone recently refered to me as the same on here.

I love America...because she reminds me of what England used to be.

plus...she doesnt usually wear funny clothes...the Women usually just wear normal clothes, and the men usually wear Military Uniforms...the only time she wears funny clothes is when she is opening Parliament...or maybe addressing some Order of Chivilry

The Monarchy in their usual clothes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gscRBE29tls (Ironically I just made the same point about clothes in the comments section of the video about a month ago...wow...dont remember that hahaha)

The ceremonial dress is usually worn by her entourage...for exmple those funny people in red and gold jackets, they are an order of chivilry, the Highest Order, known as The Order of The Garter...and the guy in the cloak with the Sword is The Lord Mayor of London...another powerful political figure, reduced to nothing but a ceremonial symbol...at one time..he could cause the downfall of Kings...he was given the sword by Elizabeth the first to ensure they were on good terms...now...he's some naff person from the city who holds this ceremonial office for just a year...and does...almost nothing...I mean..n-o-t-h-i-n-g...so sad...so bloody sad :'(

btw...i'd almost forgotten, on top of the Loss of Commonwealth, and loss of Monarchy, we also face the loss of the Union that makes up the United Kingdom, if the Scottish Nationalists succeed in the Referendum next year...Scotland stands on the brink of gaining FULL independance from England...goodbye Union....If Elizabeth dies in the current clime...its curtains for everything quintessentially English of a political nature...overnight I would imagine.

...and few would care..thats how far we've fallen :'(

Last edited by Tyburn; 11-09-2009 at 03:13 AM.