Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 11-02-2009, 07:27 PM

Default Matrix Producer Plans Muhammad Movie

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/...uhammad-biopic

Quote:

Producer Barrie Osborne cast Keanu Reeves as the messiah in The Matrix and helped defeat the dark lord Sauron in his record-breaking Lord of the Rings trilogy. Now the Oscar-winning American film-maker is set to embark on his most perilous quest to date: making a big-screen biopic of the prophet Muhammad.

Budgeted at around $150m (91.5m), the film will chart Muhammad's life and examine his teachings. Osborne told Reuters that he envisages it as "an international epic production aimed at bridging cultures. The film will educate people about the true meaning of Islam".

Osborne's production will reportedly feature English-speaking Muslim actors. It is backed by the Qatar-based production company Alnoor Holdings, who have installed the Muslim scholar Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi to oversee all aspects of the shoot. In accordance with Islamic law, the prophet will not actually be depicted on screen.

"The film will shed light on the Prophet's life since before his birth to his death," Ahmed Abdullah Al-Mustafa, Alnoor's chairman, told al-Jazeera. "It will highlight the humanity of Prophet Muhammad."

The as-yet-untitled picture is due to go before the cameras in 2011. It remains to be seen, however, whether it will be beaten to cinemas by another Muhammad-themed drama. Late last year, producer Oscar Zoghbi announced plans to remake The Message, his controversial 1976 drama that sparked a fatal siege by protesters in Washington DC. The new version, entitled The Messenger of Peace, is currently still in development.
I wonder how they will portray the eradication of the Jewish Banu Qurayza tribe? - all the men were bound in front of a trench and beheaded while the women and children were enslaved. I suspect that event doesn't reflect the "true meaning of Islam". Muhammad's marriage to the six-year-old Aisha and the marriage's consummation when she was nine years of age might be another part of the "humanity" that ends up on the cutting room floor.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Crisco

OR perhaps they will not show how when mohammed followers looted a caravan in the holy month and after cursing them for a bit took his ten percent and said it was cool because they weren't muslims.

What a joke this is. The true meaning of Islam?

Read the ****ing koran it's a religion of hate, intolerance and its prophet was nothing but a charleton who is the single most responsible human being for the corruption of souls worldwide.

I say again WHAT A JOKE.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:36 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
OR perhaps they will not show how when mohammed followers looted a caravan in the holy month and after cursing them for a bit took his ten percent and said it was cool because they weren't muslims.

Read the ****ing koran it's a religion of hate, intolerance and its prophet was nothing but a charleton who is the single most responsible human being for the corruption of souls worldwide.

I say again WHAT A JOKE.

calm down bro.

anyways, yeah... not seeing this one. i have no interest in the muslim culture whatsoever or any filmmakers adaptations of their culture for that matter.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post

I say again WHAT A JOKE.
Im with you on that Cris.. Sometimes being honest sounds mean, but oh well "It is what it is!"
Old 11-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Muhammad's marriage to the six-year-old Aisha and the marriage's consummation when she was nine years of age might be another part of the "humanity" that ends up on the cutting room floor.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/