tom jeff
washington
truman
obama
woodrow
jfk ...

no particular order though ...

Obama.... LOL....

If you actually believe that after 10 months, that is sad.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
abe
fdr
teddy
ronny
tom jeff
washington
truman
obama
woodrow
jfk ...

How in the heck did JFK and Obama make anyones list?
the list is for best Presidents, not American Idol.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:39 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Not sure if I can really come up with ten, but....

1. George Washington - our first President and probably the only one we will ever have who didn't actively seek the office. In fact, he tried to refuse it but was so popular at the time that it was impossible for him to turn it down. People wanted him crowned as the King of America, but he declined that status and set the precedent for an Executive Leader with limited powers who was a servant of the people. In other words, the exact polar opposite of Barack Obama.

Washington was also the only President we've ever had who was not a part of the party system. In fact, he forbid the forming of political parties during his term in office and believed that they would do more damage to this country than anything else.

2. Ronald Reagan - probably the only true Conservative we have had in office since the 19th century. He took down the entire Soviet Union and won the Cold War without a single shot fired. I'm not sure if I would count any other Presidents of the 20th or 21st century in the top ten.

3. Abraham Lincoln - he gets props for freeing the slaves, even though he only did it to help win the Civil War.
Abraham did not free a single slave. The salves were not free until the amendment was passed well after his death. In Fact US Grant kept his slaves till the very day it passed because he said good help was hard to find. The emancipation proclamation only freed slaves in the CSA. For example a border states like Missouri and Kentucky had slavery well passed Abe's death.

George Wash.- Did it for the good of his country
James Madison father of the constitution
John Adams- My relative and did a lot during the revolution
Tom Jefferson- The great en-lightener
John Q Adams- Help refocused our country back to its roots
Ron Regan- ended the cold war
That is all I have for now.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:43 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Not in rank order:

George Washington- Great choice
Theodore Roosevelt- Founder of the parks
Abraham Lincoln The biggest fraud
Ronald ReaganA great man
James MadisonGreat man
John AdamsGreat man
FDRDestroyed America with his welfare nation creation the new deal
Harry TrumanGreat leader
Thomas JeffersonGreat man
Andrew JacksonHorrible he took pride in killing indians and raped the constitution when he refused to uphold the SCOTUS and let the Cherokee keep their lands

Why will cost you extra
Comments in red
Old 11-03-2009, 03:29 AM
huan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
John Adams- My relative...
that's pretty epic. definitely one of the most important Founding Fathers. and the guy lived for what is equivalent to someone living over 9000 years nowadays.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:34 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
that's pretty epic. definitely one of the most important Founding Fathers. and the guy lived for what is equivalent to someone living over 9000 years nowadays.
What i found the most ironic is him and Jefferson's rocky relationship that was healed last minute and they both dies on July 4th. How fitting.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Abraham did not free a single slave. The salves were not free until the amendment was passed well after his death. In Fact US Grant kept his slaves till the very day it passed because he said good help was hard to find. The emancipation proclamation only freed slaves in the CSA. For example a border states like Missouri and Kentucky had slavery well passed Abe's death.

George Wash.- Did it for the good of his country
James Madison father of the constitution
John Adams- My relative and did a lot during the revolution
Tom Jefferson- The great en-lightener
John Q Adams- Help refocused our country back to its roots
Ron Regan- ended the cold war
That is all I have for now.
Yeah, I'm not totally committed to my Abe as #3 choice, in fact I fully expect him to drop further and further down the list as I did more research. Interesting fact about the freeing of the slaves though, I did not know that.

If we were listing worst Presidents, as in those who weren't merely incompetent, but actively destroying what the Founding Fathers created, then my top choices would be Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Yeah, I'm not totally committed to my Abe as #3 choice, in fact I fully expect him to drop further and further down the list as I did more research. Interesting fact about the freeing of the slaves though, I did not know that.

If we were listing worst Presidents, as in those who weren't merely incompetent, but actively destroying what the Founding Fathers created, then my top choices would be Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt.
Yeah I agree on that. They both really messed things up.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:27 PM
donaldbreland

Quote:
rearnakedchoke

abe
fdr
teddy
ronny
tom jeff
washington
truman
obama
woodrow
jfk ...

Boy George Washington would have been pissed to see your list. I take it this was supposed to be the top 10 best presidents. President Obama wants to have a one world country. He wants to take away everything our forefathers died for. I don't know about you but I love my country. I also bet you agree with Rev. Wrights church and his views. You really need to stand up, open your eyes, quit worrying about what people will think of you and open your dang ears and instead of always talk about crap you know absolutely nothing about and listen for a CHANGE. Now that's change I believe in.