Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
i disagree with everything you have ever said on these forums.


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-01-2009, 12:15 PM
donaldbreland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

atomdanger:
Quote:
Rogers is huge, and packs power,
but beyond size and strength I don't see where you feel there is a threat.
I just think this is one fight that Fedor will under estimate his fighter. I think what is scary about Rodgers is that he is so new to the sport. He is undefeated and has beat a couple good fighters. I think no one is giving him a chance and Rodgers loves that and I do think he will beat Fedor because I ahve never bought into the Fedor hype. I think Fedor is too small for his division and I just don't think he can beat any of the top three heavyweights in the UFC right now.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-01-2009, 12:59 PM
wavetar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think Fedor will handle Rogers with little trouble. He has way too many tools in his arsenal by comparison. Not that a flash knockout isn't out of the realm of possibility, but the odds of that are slim at best.

My main concern with Fedor is that we may never know how he stacks up against the top UFC guys...time is ticking and even if he makes the switch, his best years might be behind him, like Cro Cop. There's a good possibility the fight results will be diminished in importance, if he loses.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
Fedor will get knocked out in the first round on November 7th. Rogers is a very scary fighter who knocked out A.A quicker than anyone I have ever seen knock A.A out. fedor was having problems with A.A. Rogers is going to be the guy that the UFC wishes they would have got. Not Fedor.
Why? Even if by some freak chance Rodgers KOs Fedor (which would be the biggest upset in MMA history) he is still a one trick pony who could never beat the wrestling/grappling dominated UFC HW division. Brock would take him down and smash his face. Nog would take him down and tear his arm off. Cain would take him down and smash his face. Dos Antos would KO him on the feet or take him down and make him tap. Carwin would KO him or GNP him to death. Rodgers has size and power in his hands but that does you no good when you have a sub par ground game and some of the best grapplers in the world are on top of you. All this is a moot point though because there is no way Rodgers beats Fedor and if you would be willing I would sig bet you on it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-01-2009, 04:38 PM
donaldbreland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

you got it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-01-2009, 04:55 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
Look what I am trying to say to all you people is that you get in your heads that people like Anderson Silva, Fedor and Machida are unbeatable. Out of the three I think Anderson is the best p4p. Fedore has beat some good opponents but no one that has been on a really good fight win streak lately. I still think he was scared to go to the UFC. I think Brock would murder him. I think Fedor is fed fights and to gain respect you have to have the UFC title. No other title matters anymore. People don't know who the other champions are. But people know UFC champions. Past and present.
Ok, AS and Machida are NOT Fedor.
nobody said Fedor was unbeatable, let alone somebody like AS who has losses lol

I Said Fedor is leaps ahead of the rest of the HW world,
how can you deny this? Of course there is always a chance, its mma.
But when the chance is very slim, it isn't very interesting.

I am sorry you seem to be a UFC fan,
there is nothing wrong with that, but a lot of people, including people on these forums, are MMA fans, thus we know and respect champions from other organizations. We also realize that just because the UFC is the largest company to us, does NOT mean that they have the best fighters.

Lastly, the "win streak" argument is weak.
When he just KOed AA, AA was on a 5 fight win streak,
against some TOUGH guys, soo.....
Also, Brocks last few wins.
Mir = 3 fight win streak, Randy = 2 wins, and HH = 1 win.
So... Brock isn't beating guys on bigger win streaks lol
By that logic, Fedor is about to beat a guy who is 10 - 0
while Brock won't fight again this year.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-01-2009, 04:57 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
atomdanger:


I just think this is one fight that Fedor will under estimate his fighter. I think what is scary about Rodgers is that he is so new to the sport. He is undefeated and has beat a couple good fighters. I think no one is giving him a chance and Rodgers loves that and I do think he will beat Fedor because I ahve never bought into the Fedor hype. I think Fedor is too small for his division and I just don't think he can beat any of the top three heavyweights in the UFC right now.
You're a hater.
First Fedor is over hyped, then he isn't fighting top guys,
then he is scared, etc...
now, in the same thread, you think he is underestimating lol.

Fedor has never underestimated an opponent,
and nobody has any reason to beleive he is going to start.

I am curious, who are you top 3 UFC HW's?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-01-2009, 04:58 PM
ufcfan2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I do think Fedor has alot of more interesting fights in the UFC than with Strikeforce;Mir,Brock,GG,Dos Santos etc....Outside the UFC hes got what Rogers,Overeem..
As its been stated hes not getting any younger and nobody can out fight 'Father Time'. So, if he ever comes to the UFC it wont be the same if he came over soon after Pride faultered. I'll say before he retires he will lose 1-2 times as everyone is beatable and with these 4oz gloves anything can happen.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:01 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2 View Post
I do think Fedor has alot of more interesting fights in the UFC than with Strikeforce;Mir,Brock,GG,Dos Santos etc....Outside the UFC hes got what Rogers,Overeem..
As its been stated hes not getting any younger and nobody can out fight 'Father Time'. So, if he ever comes to the UFC it wont be the same if he came over soon after Pride faultered. I'll say before he retires he will lose 1-2 times as everyone is beatable and with these 4oz gloves anything can happen.

Eh.. you think GG is an exiting fight for Fedor?
That is about exiting as Rogers lol, or... less, at least we have the idea that Rogers is unbeaten.
Brock and Lesnar are really it for UFC.

Outside... Overeem and Barnett (dream).

Also, watch some Fedor fights, the guy doesn't get hit... really...
What I mean is, the guy never eats flush punches,
he has great movement, so of course anything can happen with a little glove
(the guy has 30 wins, he knows this) but he is HARD to hit
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:09 PM
donaldbreland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think the top 5 are Brock (only because he's the champ), Carwin, Nog, Coture and Herring.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.