Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-31-2009, 01:25 AM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default veach to fight again

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16679/with...-10-finale.mma
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-31-2009, 04:26 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

that might be a bad fight for Veach
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-2009, 04:56 AM
Liddellfan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anybodt else notice that they have Kimbo on the fight card? I guess he doesn't get a nother chance to fight on the show. Thought they were not supposed to mention anything until the show was over (on tv).?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-2009, 04:37 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think Veach can take that fight home.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-31-2009, 05:05 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,310
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
Anybodt else notice that they have Kimbo on the fight card? I guess he doesn't get a nother chance to fight on the show. Thought they were not supposed to mention anything until the show was over (on tv).?
They've also got him fighting Houston at 205. I think's that's prolly a wise move for Kimbo.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
that might be a bad fight for Veach
and just why is that exactly

...apart from the fact that everyone seems to lose to frankie edgar..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-2009, 01:08 PM
wavetar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
They've also got him fighting Houston at 205. I think's that's prolly a wise move for Kimbo.
I like the matchup, and the move down to 205 for Kimbo...but we'll certainly get to see how his chin holds up! First round KO, one way or the other, I think.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
and just why is that exactly

...apart from the fact that everyone seems to lose to frankie edgar..
Aside from the Maynard fight, Edgar has been able to dictate where the fight goes, and I think he will be able to do so in this fight as well, and Edgar has very good striking.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Aside from the Maynard fight, Edgar has been able to dictate where the fight goes, and I think he will be able to do so in this fight as well, and Edgar has very good striking.
Can I ask you a really important question.

In your opinion...is a successful fighter, successful because of his abilities, or is he actually successful because he always has fights where he "matches up well"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Can I ask you a really important question.

In your opinion...is a successful fighter, successful because of his abilities, or is he actually successful because he always has fights where he "matches up well"
I believe that part of it is because he gets fights where he matches up well but in most cases he matches up well because of his skill set. You would think that Matt would have problems with someone who has good takedown defense and is a strong striker but because Matt has such good wrestling he can take even people with good takedown defense down. So even though it starts off as a match up that should not be good for Matt he turns it into one that is. Get what I am saying.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.