Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 10-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Unhappy Margaret has died

Margaret was a women, perhaps the only woman who I liked and got on with at my Parents Church in Harrogate. When I went through my terrible year, and I had just left University and I was waiting to go to Saint Paul's, suffering from all the Anxiety and Depression. Margaret worked in a voluntary Capacity in one of the Charity Shops, and she suggested that I work with her just one day a week. It was really helpful. Then later she visited me whilst I was in Saint Paul's Cathedral...and I used to see her about the Store every so often.

She actually wasnt that old, she was in her Early 60s and incredibly compus mentus, not at all frail, not like her Husband, called Headly who had been a Church Warden when my Parents first went to Saint Marks.

Anyway, last Sunday she had a stroke, and she died in Intensive Care a few days later. I think she would have appreciated this music very much as a fitting memorial so to speak http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlFnahc_OVs

I'm more cut up about it then I thought I would be actually.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Chris F

Sorry for your loss Dave!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:11 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Sorry to hear that bro.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:19 PM

That was a very nice piece you picked for her Dave. Sometimes we don't realize just how much someone has touched our lives until they're gone. I'm glad she was there for you when you needed support.

Rest in Peace, Margaret.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Conrad

Sorry, Dave.

losses are tough. It's ok to be cut up about it, don't let that bother. Cry if you need to, bro.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:46 PM

I'm glad she took you under her wing. You have my sympathy.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

thanks everyone. I think its just a shock that its come so suddenly...and I know that she was a devout Christian, so she has nothing to fear from death

This is of course the perfect liturgical season in which to die. She died right after the last Sunday of Trinity, and The First Sunday of Kingdom. The Kingdom Season is all about the Harvest, the Second Coming, Judgement, it is the close of The Christian Callendar, and begins with two Feasts, the Feast of All Halo (All Saints) and The Feast of All Souls (All departed Faithful)

Its really the unmarked Sacred point in the Christian Callendar since so few churches bother to officially mark the occasion.

I know I should be happy for her...but I'm still really distressed...you just never know how long you have left, and you never know how long your friends have left, time should never be squandered for that simple fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlpTn_UeTVU

Lord, now letest thou thy servant depart in peace...

Last edited by Tyburn; 10-30-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Miss Foxy

Dave,
Im so sorry for your loss .. I am sure she would be grateful for your kind words and song in her memory..