Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Straight Right

Quote:
I honestly believe GG could beat Fedor if he comes in hungry and don't mentally flipout.
Are you talking about Gabriel "Napćo" Gonzaga? or some other fighter with "GG" as initials? I suppose anything is possible, and no disrespect, but are you serious?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 PM
atomdanger

Today I honestly believe we will never see Fedor in the UFC, ever...

The contract they offered Fedor was RIDICULOUS,
and the things he is rumored to be asking for are also.

So I doubt it, UFC does not want to do a co promotion with M - 1,
and Fedor doesn't want to sign a contract where he cannot be released if he goes undefeated.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I think Dana is right .... as much as i love Fedor, and think he is the greatest, he needs to fight more people ... GSP, Spider are fighting the top guys three times a year and Fedor fights HMC ... sure he has fought Sylvia and AA, but i would like to see him do more of that seeing as Affliction is probably done ... To me this is like watching Barry Sanders in his hey-day .. you knew he was amazing, but you wanted him somewhere better than Detroit so his full-potential could shine ... oh well ... Fedor is still a bad man
GSP fought twice in 2008 and one was a not top ten (Serra)
Anderson Silva fought 3 times in 2008 but one was James Irvin.

So, no those guys aren't fighting 3 top level guys a year.

In fact, lets go down the list of other champions.
in 2008 BJ fought twice. (Sherk and Stevenson)
In 2008 Rampage fought twice, losing his title to Forrest then beating Wandy
Forrest fought twice, winning his title then losing it.
Lesnar fought Mir, Couture and HH
While nog only fought Big Tim and Frank Mir

So, more often than not the UFC's Champions aren't fighting 3 top level guys a year.
But of course Dana has to make it sound worse for Fedor
Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
Well to me the only concern about Fedor coming to the UFC is if he pulls a CroCop and not train in a cage. If he does come he needs to learn the in's and outs of a cage with all its plus/minus's...
Right now there are some good fights for him in the UFC:Lesnar,GG,Cain some of these guys could give Fedor a run..I honestly believe GG could beat Fedor if he comes in hungry and don't mentally flipout.
Lesnar might be interesting based on size alone.

Cain? lol come on. Did you see him fight saturday?
He looked like crap in a tko victory, thats hard to do alone, but he also did it against somebody out of shape an in their UFC debut.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 PM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Today I honestly believe we will never see Fedor in the UFC, ever...

The contract they offered Fedor was RIDICULOUS,
and the things he is rumored to be asking for are also.

So I doubt it, UFC does not want to do a co promotion with M - 1,
and Fedor doesn't want to sign a contract where he cannot be released if he goes undefeated.
I agree with everything you just said but now that he has destroyed 2 of the most hyped fighters in ufc history dana might try a little harder to try and sign him.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:42 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
I agree with everything you just said but now that he has destroyed 2 of the most hyped fighters in ufc history dana might try a little harder to try and sign him.
Maybe, I know he is becoming much more known in America,
and I am sure Dana White does not want that.

Who knows, it would be nice, I would love it, I am just done getting my hopes up.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 PM
lc87

I guit getting my hopes up to but it would ba to see him in the cage. But im fairly certain its never gonna happen. Expecially if fedor runs through barnett then dana would have close to no choice but to sign him. Running through 3 of the ufc's best hw champs of all times
Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
Are you talking about Gabriel "Napćo" Gonzaga? or some other fighter with "GG" as initials? I suppose anything is possible, and no disrespect, but are you serious?
I actually think Gonzaga has as much of a chance of beating Fedor as anyone else. So not much...He would be an interesting style match up for him though. He has great ground skills and a little standup.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:14 PM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
He has great ground skills and a little standup.
That is why I think he would get destroyed. You have to get close enough to him before the take down before going to sleep
Old 02-09-2009, 10:46 PM
jason2130

he wont come to the UFC, why would he?

he can stay where he is, fight 1 time a year, fighting the UFCs X-champs, and people will scream his name as the best, he can pick the x-champs 1 by 1and train a whole year just to beat each one and make it sound like these x-champs where at the best theyve ever been, better than when they had the belt

or

go to the ufc, lose 2 outa 3 fights, against heavy weights people dont think should be in the same category as fedor, and ruin his near spotless record, and the critics will scream "see he couldnt cut it in the UFC"

or

he will plow through the UFC, and retire in no different position than hes in now, except 1 or 2 critics will change to fans

i myself am no fedor fan, i would love to see him come to the UFC and in a upset of the century some heavyweight like GG, Lesnar, or even Carwin knock him out in the first round, but he has nothing to gain, and alot to lose