Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Belfort not gunnning for Anderson

Exerpt from an interview with Tatame.com:

Quote:
Tatame.com: Anderson hurt the elbow and he must fight only next year. Do you wanna do one more fight or wait for his recover?

Vitor: This thing of fighting Anderson is something that Iíve never looked for. I care about him a lot, but started that thing of Dana White talks... I donít care about fighting for the title, I want to do some more fights. I donít have this ambition of fighting him (Anderson) now, I didnít get in UFC looking for it, to take his beltÖ I never had that thing, I just want to do my work.

Tatame.com: Is there anyone else that youíd like to fight and deserve the title shot?

Vitor: I know I deserve, thatís not the problem, neither the discussion, I just like to make some fights. The beltís moment is gonna come, there are people that want to talk that I donít deserve, but I donít believe that. Anderson is not a guy that I want to fight, I support him a lot, we already trained together, I like him a lot. Itís not a thing that I want to... If the belt were on Nate Marquardtís hands, if I could choose, I wouldnít fight with Anderson because I care about him.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Straight Right

That's great, one of the few guys that might actually have a chance against Silva doesn't really want to fight him.