Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 AM
GnP

Default Rumble v KOS at 106

Welterweights Anthony Johnson and Josh Koscheck are expected to co-headline UFC 106 on Nov. 21 in Las Vegas.

Sherdog.com was the first to report the bout Tuesday night and MMAWeekly.com subsequently confirmed it from sources close to the bout. Koscheck confirmed his participation on the fall card earlier via his official Twitter account.

The event's original headliner, Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin, was Monday moved to Jan. 2 at UFC 108 after illness forced Lesnar to withdraw. Light heavyweights Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin were subsequently bumped up to main event status.

Mark Coleman had been scheduled to take on Ortiz before catching the injury bug.

Johnson (10-2) is days removed from a devastating knockout of Yoshiyuki Yoshida at UFC 104, a victory blemished by a 5 lb. weight overage that cost him 20 percent of his purse and a $65,000 bonus for "Knockout of the Night." Johnson apologized for his misstep after the fight and said he struggled with a knee injury sustained in preparation for a June bout with Matt Brown (the bout was eventually cancelled when both fighters revealed injuries).

Koscheck (17-4) was originally scheduled to take on up-and-comer Mike Pierce on Jan. 11 at UFC Fight Night 20 before the shuffle. In his last Octagon appearance, the original "Ultimate Fighter" alum spoiled the return of former welterweight contender Frank Trigg at UFC 103. He is 11-4 in the UFC.

Good fight first Big test for Rumble. I have him winning by points.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:59 AM

wow never thought i would want aj to win, but i wouldn't mind seeing him embarrass afro
Old 10-28-2009, 12:52 PM
cubsfan47

I have to admire Koscheck's competitive spirit. At least one time before this didn't he agree to "fill in" on short notice?
The same thing could be said for Johnson too.

Well this may be quite a fight.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:18 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47 View Post
I have to admire Koscheck's competitive spirit. At least one time before this didn't he agree to "fill in" on short notice?

Yeah he filled in last minute against Alves of all people. Thats also why I am going for win by points as if Alves couldn't knock him out He has a chin to be proud of
Old 10-28-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:

I agree! kudos to both guys for taking a dangerous fight. I got AJ taking this by KO

[
Old 10-28-2009, 01:33 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:

even though i don't really consider myself a kos fan, you can't take away the fact that he'll fight anyone ... i think he knows he is a later starter in mma and needs to get as many fights in as he can before he is too old ... he filled in to fight alves on short notice and did ok ... i have rumble winning this, but i think it will be a great fight ... also, rumble knows his next fight is soon, so i don't think he'll be bulking up to 220 between fights for this .. i see him coming in on weight this time around ... coming in over weight cost him over $60,000 last time around ... he isn't making the kind of money that he can throw that away like that ...
Old 10-28-2009, 01:37 PM
KevinD

this is a great fight for a last minute replacement. It will be a good test for Rumble. If he can keep the fight standing against Kos, it MAY be a good sign that he might be able to keep a fight standing against GSP.

Rumble rd. 1 KO
Old 10-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Hughes fanboy

Rumble by KOKOS

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-28-2009, 02:38 PM

didnt koscheck learn from the alves fight not to take fights on short notice.....Got to like his fighting spirit though..... Rumble by KO, Kos is a bit chinny isnt he????
Old 10-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Max

I see Rumble winning this. I think he just hits to hard for Kos. There is a chance that if Rumble wins this he gets a title shot IMO.