Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 10-28-2009, 04:24 AM
donaldbreland

Default Is this true Nate. Matt Hughes vs Kos at UFC 106

Welterweight Josh Koscheck has announced via Twitter that he’ll be co-headlining UFC 106 on November 21 in Las Vegas:

I got some big fight news for me. I am fighting nov 21 in Vegas. Co main event!!! Haha it’s on baby!!!!

While an opponent has not yet been announced for the bout, Matt Hughes seems like the obvious choice to bolster the event, which lost its original headliner between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin yesterday and is currently headlined by Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin.

Koscheck (13-4) bounced back from an upset loss to newcomer Paulo Thiago with a first-round knockout of Frank Trigg in September. In his post-fight interview Koscheck, a cast member on The Ultimate Fighter 1, called out the future hall of famer Hughes, but was instead booked to fight Mike Pierce at UFC Fight Night 20 in January. With the loss of Lesnar-Carwin, it appears likely that Koscheck could get a crack at Hughes in the UFC 106 co-headliner.

Hughes (43-7) rebounced from back-to-back losses to Georges St-Pierre and Thiago Alves with a win over rival Matt Serra in May. He had been expected to return to action in February at UFC 109, but could be called on as a late-addition to the UFC 106 lineup.

For complete UFC 106 coverage stay tuned to MMAFrenzy.com.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:37 AM
matthughesfan21

its just speculation and if it was true or confirmed, it would be announced here....thats not very much time to get ready
Old 10-28-2009, 04:58 AM
Administrator

Not true, as far as I know.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:08 AM
donaldbreland

The reason I ask is becuase it seems like such a short notice for Matt. If Matt took the fight then the winner deserves a title shot.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Administrator

Yeah, the last couple of fights that Matt took on short notice didn't quite work out that well for him. I'm pretty sure that he's not going to be fighting again this year.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:24 AM
donaldbreland

I would love to see Matt Brown fight Josh. I think that would be a good fight for both.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:55 AM
SPIRITWARRIORSTV.COM

I completely agree with Nate, Matt shouldn't take any more fights on short notice.

My bet is Koscheck vs. Rumble Johnson, since Johnson's already in shape since he just had a fight, and he owes the UFC for missing weight, and he and Kos knocked out the same guy in the first round.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:06 PM
talkin_smack1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
I completely agree with Nate, Matt shouldn't take any more fights on short notice.

My bet is Koscheck vs. Rumble Johnson, since Johnson's already in shape since he just had a fight, and he owes the UFC for missing weight, and he and Kos knocked out the same guy in the first round.
They announced that this fight will take place at 106 kos and johnson... should be a good fight.. would have liked to seen matt fight but i am kinda glad that did not make him fight on short notice again. hopefully he will fight at early next year so he can have a proper traning camp....