Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-29-2009, 05:34 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Sure it is, like I said I know its not intentional, but numerous times are. Would you be ok with the fact that I duck your high kick and purposely dive at your knee and tear it up ending your career, hey its legal right.
It's cheap when a 300 pound defensive lineman clips an unsuspecting QB at the knees, but when two men of roughly the same size are in a cage fight, I don't think it is cheap at all.

People can actually die from some of the things that happen in the cage, so trying to injure a knee is no big deal IMO.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:41 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
It's cheap when a 300 pound defensive lineman clips an unsuspecting QB at the knees, but when two men of roughly the same size are in a cage fight, I don't think it is cheap at all.

People can actually die from some of the things that happen in the cage, so trying to injure a knee is no big deal IMO.
Blah, you can't do crap to a Q-B anymore. Even helmet to helmet which is usually 99% accident is nothing more then a 6-5 lineman hitting a 6-5 Q-B its purely an accident and besides why did the league wait until Brady got hit at the knees before fixing that rule. I'm tried of all these Brady rules, and Vikings on tv every weekend.

It is a cheap shot when you consider the size of the upper leg and the size of the lower leg and a fighter pin points it every time, come on. At least Rua kicked everything other then the knee.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Max

Quote:
Blah, you can't do crap to a Q-B anymore. Even helmet to helmet which is usually 99% accident is nothing more then a 6-5 lineman hitting a 6-5 Q-B its purely an accident and besides why did the league wait until Brady got hit at the knees before fixing that rule. I'm tried of all these Brady rules, and Vikings on tv every weekend.

It is a cheap shot when you consider the size of the upper leg and the size of the lower leg and a fighter pin points it every time, come on. At least Rua kicked everything other then the knee.
when you think about the size of the chest the face is a very small target to hit (and by hitting someone there you can give them a brain injury). So should they change the rules so that all strikes have to be to the body? Or better yet lets have the fighters hit with pillows, that way no one gets hurt.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:57 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
when you think about the size of the chest the face is a very small target to hit (and by hitting someone there you can give them a brain injury). So should they change the rules so that all strikes have to be to the body? Or better yet lets have the fighters hit with pillows, that way no one gets hurt.
An yet you can't knee of kick them when they are down or being a douche bag and keeping one hand on the mat, but you can do it in the clinche and standing.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Once again, Rampage probably wins that fight if he didnt score a 7 to 10 round to Forrest. Besides Forrest was more active in using knees, takedowns, ground strikes subs, puches then Rua was. Not to mention when forrest kicked Rampage, you saw him buckles, saw him limp, saw him spin around.

Rua did none of that, and his kicks while sounding good ( I can slap you and make it sound good WOOOO!) Didnt cause the same expression as Forrests kicks.
Forrest had one convincing round where people though he dominated(round 2) besides that he was prob less active then shogun was. watch the fight again.

shogun also didn't get knocked down and spend almost a whole round on bottom like Forrest did
Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

We can talk NFL policy in the sports section, I was just using that as an example.

Still, kicking somebody in the knee is not illegal, which means fighters know to be expecting kicks coming towards their legs and knees. When strikes are considered illegal, then fighters don't expect them to be used, which is why using illegal moves is dirty. Sure, repeated kicks to the knees could seriously injure somebody, but so can repeated punches to the face. I get what you are saying, I just don't think it's really dirty tactic in MMA.

When you are talking about a sport where two guys lock themselves in a cage and try to knock their opponent out cold or leave them broken boned, a few kicks in the knees just don't seem dirty to me.

Ya know, this really makes me wonder. What is the reaction gonna be like the first time a guy dies in a major MMA event?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:29 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Forrest had one convincing round where people though he dominated(round 2) besides that he was prob less active then shogun was. watch the fight again.

shogun also didn't get knocked down and spend almost a whole round on bottom like Forrest did

Forrest threw 500 times vs Rua 150 times. Forrest almnost threw as many kicks as Rua did total strikes. Forrest did get taken down and pretty much last that round and it was not as bad as Rampage 10-7 round lol.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Max

Quote:
Forrest threw 500 times vs Rua 150 times. Forrest almnost threw as many kicks as Rua did total strikes. Forrest did get taken down and pretty much last that round and it was not as bad as Rampage 10-7 round lol.
Forrest landed 113 (based on fight metric) and Rua landed 82 (based on fight metric). 42 of Forrest's strikes came in round 2 (a round where Jackson landed 0 strikes).
Old 10-29-2009, 03:30 PM

Why are we debatingForrest vs Shogun? It ended in submission! I hate the whole "he was winning the fight until he got KTFO!"

[
Old 10-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Why are we debatingForrest vs Shogun? It ended in submission! I hate the whole "he was winning the fight until he got KTFO!"
we are not debating Forrest vs Shogun we are talking about the fact that Forrest won a dec vs Rampage with leg kicks but they did not give Shogun the decision for the same strategy.