Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-29-2009, 04:47 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mzX_1Zcvcs

for anyone who wants to see an example of leg kicks finishing a fight
took 3 kicks 2 to limp him lol, but hey least he kicked the upper thigh and lower leg and not the knee cap like all your other links.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:07 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
took 3 kicks 2 to limp him lol, but hey least he kicked the upper thigh and lower leg and not the knee cap like all your other links.
i posted no other links. I posted fights that ended by leg kick. the knee is part of the leg.

see when i google "leg" this pic comes up

the knee is on that pic.

and you can say that Houston Alexander v Sherman Pendergarst was a knee to the head but it was the leg kicks that effed Pendergarst up and set up the knee. the dude could not even stand when the knee was thrown.

also if I remember correctly Sakuraba forced Royce to quit because of leg kicks.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:07 AM

I guess Chuck should of won the Jardine fight then since low kicks don't score any points
Old 10-29-2009, 05:09 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
I guess Chuck should of won the Jardine fight then since low kicks don't score any points
Yep.

Rampage must have beat Forrest as well
Old 10-29-2009, 05:23 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
i posted no other links. I posted fights that ended by leg kick. the knee is part of the leg.

see when i google "leg" this pic comes up

the knee is on that pic.

and you can say that Houston Alexander v Sherman Pendergarst was a knee to the head but it was the leg kicks that effed Pendergarst up and set up the knee. the dude could not even stand when the knee was thrown.

also if I remember correctly Sakuraba forced Royce to quit because of leg kicks.
Kicking the knee is legal, but really it is a cheap tactic to use during a fight. I know some people don't mean to aim there, but 2 or 3 repetitive attacks makes me question the validness of the approach and honestly I can't score that type of an attacks. What next side kicks and stomps to the Achilles heels chop block the knee caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Jardine tagged Chuck upside the head with punches too and tagged him a lot more then Chuck did. I think Jardine went perfect or almost perfect on leg kicks something like 50 while Chuck had like 10.

Your just grasping at straws now. Bj44
Old 10-29-2009, 05:25 AM
Max

Quote:
Kicking the knee is legal, but really it is a cheap tactic to use during a fight. I know some people don't mean to aim there, but 2 or 3 repetitive attacks makes me question the validness of the approach and honestly I can't score that type of an attacks. What next side kicks and stomps to the Achilles heels chop block the knee caps.
i see no problem with it. if you you are gonna let someone kick you in the knee over and over again that is your own fault.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:26 AM
atomdanger

Quote:

Jardine tagged Chuck upside the head with punches too and tagged him a lot more then Chuck did. I think Jardine went perfect or almost perfect on leg kicks something like 50 while Chuck had like 10.

Your just grasping at straws now. Bj44
How is kicking to the knee cheap?
Its completely legal, if I can attack your joints I will.
Its not shady at all.

lubing up before a fight is shady, kicking the knee isn't
Old 10-29-2009, 05:27 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Yep.

Rampage must have beat Forrest as well
Once again, Rampage probably wins that fight if he didnt score a 7 to 10 round to Forrest. Besides Forrest was more active in using knees, takedowns, ground strikes subs, puches then Rua was. Not to mention when forrest kicked Rampage, you saw him buckles, saw him limp, saw him spin around.

Rua did none of that, and his kicks while sounding good ( I can slap you and make it sound good WOOOO!) Didnt cause the same expression as Forrests kicks.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:28 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
The knees are one of the best places to injure an opponent. You can't fight if you can't even stand up. How is that cheap?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:30 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
How is kicking to the knee cheap?
Its completely legal, if I can attack your joints I will.
Its not shady at all.

lubing up before a fight is shady, kicking the knee isn't
Sure it is, like I said I know its not intentional, but numerous times are. Would you be ok with the fact that I duck your high kick and purposely dive at your knee and tear it up ending your career, hey its legal right.