Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Moose

I've got it, and you can follow me on Twitter too
Old 02-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Administrator

So what's the difference between MySpace and Facebook? And are there any fake Matt Hughes accounts on Facebook?

Just FYI, Matt doesn't have a Facebook account, so anyone on there claiming to be him is a fake.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
So what's the difference between MySpace and Facebook? And are there any fake Matt Hughes accounts on Facebook?
Lot more promotions, bands, kids, pedophiles, and overall bad design on MySpace. Facebook is starting to die though, in my opinion, it's not as hoppin as it used to be.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:

Just FYI, Matt doesn't have a Facebook account, so anyone on there claiming to be him is a fake.
There's a Matt Hughes Athlete page (LINK), but I don't see any accounts pretending to actually be Matt. It's basically a site that a fan put together so that other FBers could go & join & say "I'm a Fan of Matt Hughes". There's some rudimentary info there & it even looks like they copied some of Matt's blogs & put them up.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Lot more promotions, bands, kids, pedophiles, and overall bad design on MySpace. Facebook is starting to die though, in my opinion, it's not as hoppin as it used to be.
The only reason Matt even has a MySpace is because of all the idiots who were pretending to be him on there, but it just acts like a glorified link to this website, Matt never goes there.... at all.

If there is a significant problem with imposters on Facebook, then we might need to set up an account there as well.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
The only reason Matt even has a MySpace is because of all the idiots who were pretending to be him on there, but it just acts like a glorified link to this website, Matt never goes there.... at all.

If there is a significant problem with imposters on Facebook, then we might need to set up an account there as well.
There really isn't. Like I said, his only presence there is as a athlete/celebrity page for people to be a fan of. I'm sure if you contacted the fan running the iste, they'd love to make it "official" and slap a link & endorsement on there. It'd be a pretty easy fix.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
CAVEMAN

I have a wall on facebook
Old 02-09-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:

Cool, you just gave me an idea!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:

yeah like Ben said anything that would be associated with matt is just a fan page where people can go and talk about the man. I'll keep an eye out and link you anything that looks suspicious. I've gotten pretty handy on the ol' FB.

Moose,
I've gotten more old friends join up in the last month than in the whole time I've been on there. I think Facebook is growing. Myspace is definitely starting to decline. IMO

[
Old 02-09-2009, 05:07 PM
County Mike

For me Facebook is picking up and myspace is slowing down. It could just be due to my own interest. When I had the paintball business, I used myspace as a marketing tool. I no longer have that need. Facebook seems more "grown up". You don't get a bunch of really bad CSS designs messing up the pages. It's just old friends staying in touch.