Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-27-2009, 11:33 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
The more you talk about Floyd, the clearer it becomes that you know very little about what him. I'm not even going to bother dropping more facts and statistics, because you just ignore them and try to divert to some other reason not to like Floyd.

Do your own homework and actually go back and watch Mayweather's fights rather than just taking the extreme haters opinion in a knee-jerk reaction to somebody you don't like as a person. Mayweather is an almost perfect blend of offensive and defensive fighter with his cat like reflexes and Marine sniper grade accuracy, but you are just a hater, and the inner hater in you will never let the rational person in you admit that.
LOL, ok, I've never seen any of his fights and just base his in-ring actions on his interviews...makes sense . I've said multiple times that I believe he's incredibly talented, but ultimately a very boring fighter. I'm just looking at it through a different lens - some people like the defensive style and some people don't, simple as that. Get over it.

Anyways, my observation was simply that Lyoto backed up during the fight and in no way should counter-punchers be considered the "aggressor" which is part of the rules of MMA - these judges are looking at the fight as if its' a boxing match, which isn't how it should be viewed. Rua pushed the fight and got f'ed on a decision, simple as that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-27-2009, 11:51 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, ok, I've never seen any of his fights and just base his in-ring actions on his interviews...makes sense . I've said multiple times that I believe he's incredibly talented, but ultimately a very boring fighter. I'm just looking at it through a different lens - some people like the defensive style and some people don't, simple as that. Get over it.

Anyways, my observation was simply that Lyoto backed up during the fight and in no way should counter-punchers be considered the "aggressor" which is part of the rules of MMA - these judges are looking at the fight as if its' a boxing match, which isn't how it should be viewed. Rua pushed the fight and got f'ed on a decision, simple as that.
I don't need to get over anything, I am just calling out the ridiculous things you say as usual. I could care less if you LIKE Floyd, but when you say things like Floyd is "aggressive 1% of the time in his fights", then I am going to call BS. The only people who constantly call Floyd boring are the ones who don't like the guy and will never like the guy. Even members of the Boxing media who have been critical of Floyd through his career have called him an exciting fighter. So, you can view it through whatever lens you like, but facts are facts, and looking at the punch stats from just about all of Floyd's fights prove that you are wrong. I don't doubt that you have seen some of his fights, but I don't think you have seen enough, and don't think you have ever watched him fight with any sort of unbiased view.

I have said multiple times already that I think Rua won the fight. Peoples is not a consistent judge and I don't agree with his take on how the fight should have been scored, but it's also tiresome to hear people keep trying to direct negative attention at Boxing every time something bad happens in MMA. This is the fight game, and it's how things work. It has nothing to do with judges thinking they are watching a Boxing match, it has everything to do with there not being a clear set of standards for which MMA is judged by.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-28-2009, 12:50 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
I don't need to get over anything, I am just calling out the ridiculous things you say as usual. I could care less if you LIKE Floyd, but when you say things like Floyd is "aggressive 1% of the time in his fights", then I am going to call BS. The only people who constantly call Floyd boring are the ones who don't like the guy and will never like the guy. Even members of the Boxing media who have been critical of Floyd through his career have called him an exciting fighter. So, you can view it through whatever lens you like, but facts are facts, and looking at the punch stats from just about all of Floyd's fights prove that you are wrong. I don't doubt that you have seen some of his fights, but I don't think you have seen enough, and don't think you have ever watched him fight with any sort of unbiased view.

I have said multiple times already that I think Rua won the fight. Peoples is not a consistent judge and I don't agree with his take on how the fight should have been scored, but it's also tiresome to hear people keep trying to direct negative attention at Boxing every time something bad happens in MMA. This is the fight game, and it's how things work. It has nothing to do with judges thinking they are watching a Boxing match, it has everything to do with there not being a clear set of standards for which MMA is judged by.
That's cool, everybody's entitled to their opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-28-2009, 01:29 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
its not the amount of strikes that wins the round....this is not amateur boxing.
Machida was landing knees in the clinch and landing straight lefts on the counter.
I am not here to argue, but your reasoning is a little simplistic.
It doesn't matter if you land a knee, he landed LESS than Rua.
Rua landed kicks and punches.
Are you saying you think knees should be more valuable than a kick or a punch?

is that your argument?
Machida was also held against the cage,
and being backed up the entire fight.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-28-2009, 03:02 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
That's cool, everybody's entitled to their opinion.
Mos def...

But Floyd's overwhelmingly positive offensive productivity is not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.

It's not like I'm looking to pick on you. You seem to get joy out of bringing Floyd into the conversation and trying to bash him. We have discussed the topic at great length already and I am not attempting to get you to see things any differently, that is your choice. However, it is a public forum and when you bring Floyd into an unrelated conversation and make a completely false statement I am going to call you on it. I am all about fair and constructive criticism of anybody, but sometimes the things you say about Floyd are grossly inaccurate and inflammatory and it's only right that somebody correct it.

Consider me your arch nemesis on this subject, if you will. As long as you try to bash Floyd unfairly, I will be there to serve justice.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default



yes that is him standing that far away from the fighters and then diving against the cage.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-28-2009, 04:26 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default



lol
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-29-2009, 01:38 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

As for who I think won the fight I'm gonna try and reserve judgement till I see the fight for myself! But I thought I would take a moment to point out that while takedown attempt can be viewed as aggression if the are stopped it ain't effective Grappling! Key word being effective!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
machida

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.