Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-27-2009, 03:24 AM

Default Cecil Peeples explaing the decision

According to Bloodyelbow.com

Quote:
"First of all what you need to understand is that from where the judges are sitting, we get to see things that the fans at home may miss. Mauricio Rua was being aggressive but it wasn't effective aggressiveness which is what we as the judges look for when scoring a fight. The way I saw it, Lyoto was landing the more cleaner and damaging strikes throughout the fight - if you take a look at the judging criteria clean strikes are valued more-so than the quantity of strikes landed. Although Rua threw a lot of low kicks they were not as damaging as Lyotos diverse attack in the earlier rounds which is why I scored the first three rounds for Machida. You have to keep in mind we always the favour the fighter who is trying to finish the fight, and leg kicks certainly don't do that."

"When both fighters are engaged in a striking match what I always look for is the fighter who is being judicious, picking his spots, being accurate and landing the cleaner strikes which ultimately is what Lyoto did more effectively than Rua. Lyoto made Shogun come after him, he determined where the fight took place which in my opinion constitutes as effective Octagon control. I recognize the fact that Rua did have a few takedown attempts during the course of the fight however Lyoto defended them all successfully which counts as effective grappling in his favour, where as ununsuccessful takedown attempts are not scored at all. Therefore going by that criteria, I believe Lyoto won the fight clearly. I'm just glad the other judges on the panel saw it the same way and I'm sure the fans who understand the technicalities of the sport agree with the decision too."

-- Cecil Peoples, who scored the first three rounds for Machida with rounds four and five going to Rua.
Mirko, Vera, and Jardine have all finished opponents with legstrikes.

[
Old 10-27-2009, 05:03 AM
atomdanger

"Mauricio Rua was being aggressive but it wasn't effective aggressiveness"
Landing almost 2x as many shots as your opponent isn't effective
in the world of Cecil Peeples lol

"Lyoto was landing the more cleaner and damaging strikes"
More cleaner?

"You have to keep in mind we always the favour the fighter who is trying to finish the fight, and leg kicks certainly don't do that."

They actually do finish fights,
and moreover, you are not suppose to judge based on effort.
A fighter can be trying his ass off but still getting hit butt kicked.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:23 AM
snakerattle79

first of all Cecil Peoples has no right judging a MMA fight in the US because US scoring system favors the fighter who scores more than trying to finish the fight, He should know better cause the fight didn't happened in Japan. Regarding the clean strikes, if you saw Machida's cuts all over his face and damages in his legs, you know it came from clean strikes, if he really was saying that them as judges had the clearer view of what's happening inside the cage he should have know that Shogun kicks were all clean. I really believe People's karate backround had helped him influenced his scoring cause Machida's karate flashes will really make you think he's scoring
Old 10-27-2009, 06:03 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakerattle79 View Post
first of all Cecil Peoples has no right judging a MMA fight in the US because US scoring system favors the fighter who scores more than trying to finish the fight, He should know better cause the fight didn't happened in Japan. Regarding the clean strikes, if you saw Machida's cuts all over his face and damages in his legs, you know it came from clean strikes, if he really was saying that them as judges had the clearer view of what's happening inside the cage he should have know that Shogun kicks were all clean. I really believe People's karate backround had helped him influenced his scoring cause Machida's karate flashes will really make you think he's scoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by uedamasa View Post
Im guessing you post on mmafighting.net as well
Old 10-27-2009, 06:07 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Im guessing you post on mmafighting.net as well
haha busted
Old 10-27-2009, 06:11 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Cecil Peoples
Old 10-27-2009, 06:11 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
haha busted
i post on mmafighting.net as well, IMO its 100 times better than sherdog and a lot of the people there know tons about MMA. I just read his post and felt like I had read it somewhere before and then it hit me.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:14 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
i post on mmafighting.net as well, IMO its 100 times better than sherdog and a lot of the people there know tons about MMA. I just read his post and felt like I had read it somewhere before and then it hit me.
Yeah?
I post here and the UG.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:58 AM
GnP

Cecil may want to check out the facts before opening his mouth

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html
Old 10-27-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Justify it however you want Cecil. Your decision was f'ing garbage!

Tags
machida