Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-27-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
Actually there is some pretty serious flu going around right now...

The report is saying that he says he has never been this sick in his life, and he has been unable to train for 3 weeks. He says he has been trying to shake it and it just wont go away.
I had H1N1 already. It took me about 7 days from the onset of the serious symptoms. I'm 34, average health, no where near in the shape of even a professional bowler lol. I doubt he's as sick as he's letting on. I think he wants to hold that belt as long as he can.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:20 AM
Chuck

A 3 week flu????

Um..... yeah.....
Old 10-27-2009, 01:26 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
A 3 week flu????

Um..... yeah.....
i had the flu for just over 3 weeks,finally went away last week.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I had H1N1 already. It took me about 7 days from the onset of the serious symptoms. I'm 34, average health, no where near in the shape of even a professional bowler lol. I doubt he's as sick as he's letting on. I think he wants to hold that belt as long as he can.
you also have to think that Brock is wearing himself out every day in practice which is going to make it harder for his body to recover.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:40 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Should of known the haters would automatically accuse him of faking it!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:53 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Well, if you really think Brock is afraid to fight Carwin, then that is your opinion but I don't think that is the case.

You know, it's common for fighters to lie about their injuries, maybe Brock is just trying to cover up another injury that he doesn't want to expose. Who knows...

but I don't really think he is afraid to fight anybody, just my opinion.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:54 AM
cubsfan47

Wouldn't surprise me if Mr. Lesnar had actually gotten pneumonia as a complication of the flu. It can happen.
In a very small number of cases the complications have been lethal.

Too bad, So we wait for January. I can't think of a better way to start off a new year.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:04 AM

bah... even i get over pneumonia in about two weeks. Maybe if he'd rest for two weeks when he wasn't feeling good, go to a freakin' doctor, get some proper meds, he would have been over it all in two weeks, maybe less.

I know he's not afraid. I'm just pissed I don't get to see him lose this year. lol
Old 10-27-2009, 02:16 AM
Max

Quote:
bah... even i get over pneumonia in about two weeks. Maybe if he'd rest for two weeks when he wasn't feeling good, go to a freakin' doctor, get some proper meds, he would have been over it all in two weeks, maybe less.

I know he's not afraid. I'm just pissed I don't get to see him lose this year. lol
so you expect him to just take 2 weeks off in the middle of training and still fights? He's not B.J.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Miss Foxy

Oh gee what a loss!! I cannot stand Brock whatsoever..Sorry Matt I know thats your friend..