Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Hank Bmore

Default Lesnar out of UFC 106 !

Y! exclusive: Illness forces Lesnar out of fight - UFC - Yahoo! Sports the flu . I was hoping to see Carwin get the KO but oh well
Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 PM

It should be carwin vs nog for number one contender... Or maybe even cain but i doubt hed be ready in time
Old 10-26-2009, 09:28 PM

You'd think Brock could hire someone to come up with a ducking excuse. The flu... puhlease.... you'll get over that in a week, two at most.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:36 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
You'd think Brock could hire someone to come up with a ducking excuse. The flu... puhlease.... you'll get over that in a week, two at most.
Actually there is some pretty serious flu going around right now...

The report is saying that he says he has never been this sick in his life, and he has been unable to train for 3 weeks. He says he has been trying to shake it and it just wont go away.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Via Con Dios

yes, the thought of immenent face smashing coming my way would make me sick too.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
yeah thats two weeks out of his training
Old 10-26-2009, 10:11 PM
StizzoFoShizzo

Maybe this could be a good time to just pull Carwin from the ppv and set up that Shogun vs Machida rematch?? But that would mean Carwin would likely lose a payday, unless he agrees to fight someone else too. But if I was Carwin, I would be waiting for my shot at the belt before anyhing else.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:00 AM
StizzoFoShizzo

I guess the Carwin /Lesnar fight might happen at UFC 108. According to Carwins Twitter. After thinking about it, I doubt that Machida or Shogun would be healthy enough for a rematch so soon. I should have thought of that.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Talk all the crap you want. If you think Brock is scared or chickening out of the fight, you need to pull your head outta your ass.

Still have to like Carwin's comments, he's such a good person.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
Quote:
Brock Lesnar, the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s massive heavyweight titleholder, was forced to withdraw Monday from his highly anticipated Nov. 21 title defense in Las Vegas against Shane Carwin.

Carwin, via his Twitter feed, said the fight will be rescheduled for UFC 108 on Jan. 2.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the news to Yahoo! Sports. White said Lesnar has been ill for more than three-and-a-half weeks and unable to train. With the bout at UFC 106 less than a month away, Lesnar was forced to postpone the title defense.

“He said he’s never been this sick in his life,” White said. “He said it’s been going on for a long time and he just hasn’t been able to shake it.”

Lesnar’s co-manager, Brian Stegeman, said he does not know whether Lesnar had H1N1, commonly known as swine flu, and that he is beyond the stage at which he could be tested for the virus. He said Lesnar had upper respiratory issues, fever and extreme fatigue.

“Honestly, he’s been sick since the beginning of this camp and he’s had to take days off throughout,” Stegeman said.

The fight matches two of the biggest and most powerful heavyweights in the UFC. Lesnar (4-1), a former World Wrestling Entertainment star, was a junior college and NCAA Division I wrestling champion. Carwin is a former Division II national wrestling champion.

Both men weigh around 295 pounds and cut weight to make the heavyweight division’s 265-pound limit.

Carwin (11-0), who made several appearances in Los Angeles on Saturday to promote the fight, was clearly disappointed at getting the news.

“My heart just sank, as you can imagine,” Carwin told Yahoo! Sports upon hearing the news about the fight postponement.

The UFC announced Monday afternoon it will move the previously scheduled Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin fight, a rematch of an epic 2006 contest won by Ortiz on a controversial split decision, into the Nov. 21 main event slot

Stegeman said Lesnar just took an entire week off from training with no appreciable improvement. He said Lesnar’s head mixed martial arts coach, Marty Morgan, didn’t think he’d have enough training time to properly prepare.

“We kept thinking that he’d get better and be back at it, but it finally got to a point here where we were looking at a situation where Brock would have just two weeks to train for this fight.

“That’s just not fair to him. There’s no way a two-week training camp is even close to being fair to him and we all realized that. We kept hoping Brock would respond and get better, but it just lingered.”
Old 10-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Hughes fanboy

Lesnar is not faking it. People are getting sick this time of the year. He wants the proper amount of training time to take on Carwin...good! He'll need it.

I hope Carwin still fights tho.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/