Quote:
Originally Posted by sender View Post
Really????

If you look at the judging criteria...
-Clean Strikes
-Effective Grappling
-Octagon Control
-Effective Aggressiveness

Which one did machida ever show in the fight??? He maybe won round 1 and thats it man.

Shogun was initiating every contact... landed more strikes, controlled the octagon...

So if you look at the judging criteria... shogun showed 3/4 in every round...

I'm gonna rewatch this fight but I dont see how that will change my mind.
- Pretty much both fighters had clean striking,
- Tie
- The last two I really don't even bother to judge anymore. To many fighters are counter punchers and use the aggressors actions against them. Who was dictating the fight, Rua coming forward or Machida having Rua hunt him down. Its really a hard thing to call

“It was a matter of each round being won on maybe one or two little things,” Hamilton said following the fight. “There was no sustained action by anybody in that fight. There were no combinations thrown. It was always one punch, one kick. So you look at it and say, ‘What was effective in that fight? What was effective in that round?’ Based on that, somebody wins the round.”

Those advocating a Rua victory point to the fact that Machida appeared to take far more damage in the bout. Rua’s kicks were tenderizing Machida’s leg and the welts on his face gave away, perhaps for the first time, what he does for a living.

Hamilton, though, said it’s hard to judge a fight on damage sustained in a bout like Machida-Rua.

“They’re assuming he’s hurt,” Hamilton said. “You don’t really know, though, do you?”
Old 10-25-2009, 05:10 PM
logrus

hhmmmm
Old 10-25-2009, 08:14 PM
ufcfan2

Shame I didn't get to watch this fight sounded like it was a decent fight. I think my main question was both guys cardio going 5 rounds. Im pleasantly surprised that both did,especially Shogun as hes had some issues with it. Lyotas never been that many rounds so I was thinking if he had the endurance for this..
Im trying to find a place to watch it,but to no avail :(
Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 PM
sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
- Pretty much both fighters had clean striking,
- Tie
- The last two I really don't even bother to judge anymore. To many fighters are counter punchers and use the aggressors actions against them. Who was dictating the fight, Rua coming forward or Machida having Rua hunt him down. Its really a hard thing to call

“It was a matter of each round being won on maybe one or two little things,” Hamilton said following the fight. “There was no sustained action by anybody in that fight. There were no combinations thrown. It was always one punch, one kick. So you look at it and say, ‘What was effective in that fight? What was effective in that round?’ Based on that, somebody wins the round.”

Those advocating a Rua victory point to the fact that Machida appeared to take far more damage in the bout. Rua’s kicks were tenderizing Machida’s leg and the welts on his face gave away, perhaps for the first time, what he does for a living.

Hamilton, though, said it’s hard to judge a fight on damage sustained in a bout like Machida-Rua.

“They’re assuming he’s hurt,” Hamilton said. “You don’t really know, though, do you?”

take a look at this then --> http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html
Old 10-25-2009, 09:12 PM
jignpig

i just watched the fight for the third time, i still give machida the win. it sounds to me like we have a ton of shogun fans that are just pissed! it was close, but i did not see any domination by shogun or lyoto. all i saw was a loud joe pointing out shoguns body kicks as if they were sent down by the fight gods! every body kick i saw i also saw lyoto connect with a punch at the same time. im a fan of both guys and am just pointing out what i saw. and i can TOTALLY RESPECT! any shogun fans that are upset for his loss. i just think that when you are a big fan of some one you look at a fight with a biased opinion. i think this just points out that if you dont finish the fight, the judges will, and not always the way you want. so bash away at me if you feel the need!! or send me a case of cold beer to show that you support my views! thanx
Old 10-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Via Con Dios

IMO, machida had the most decisive exchanges, actually seeming to have hurt shogun at one point. yes, shogun kicked him, A LOT, but almost everytime he kicked machida he swallowed a knuckle sandwich for his troubles.

to me, the most definitive exchange that occurred the entire fight, was shogun against the fence absorbing strikes to the face and body.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignpig View Post
all i saw was a loud joe pointing out shoguns body kicks as if they were sent down by the fight gods! every body kick i saw i also saw lyoto connect with a punch at the same time.
I totally agree with this. Rogan continually talked about Shogun's kicks but never once mentioned the answering punches from Machida. Since the judges didn't have Joe Rogan in their ear constantly throughout the fight, his commentary had no effect on their impression of that fight.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
i just watched the fight for the third time, i still give machida the win. it sounds to me like we have a ton of shogun fans that are just pissed! it was close, but i did not see any domination by shogun or lyoto. all i saw was a loud joe pointing out shoguns body kicks as if they were sent down by the fight gods! every body kick i saw i also saw lyoto connect with a punch at the same time. im a fan of both guys and am just pointing out what i saw. and i can TOTALLY RESPECT! any shogun fans that are upset for his loss. i just think that when you are a big fan of some one you look at a fight with a biased opinion. i think this just points out that if you dont finish the fight, the judges will, and not always the way you want. so bash away at me if you feel the need!! or send me a case of cold beer to show that you support my views! thanx

ehh...

Shogun landed 49 leg shots.
To Machida's 2.
He also landed 17 shots to Machida's head,
Machida landing 14.
Machida was outstruck, plainly.

So no, you didn't see Machida land a punch every time Shogun landed a kick,
in fact, you didn't even see that half the time.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:52 AM
sender

FINALY!!!! I know who the 3 UFC judges where!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijo de la verga View Post
IMO, machida had the most decisive exchanges, actually seeming to have hurt shogun at one point. yes, shogun kicked him, A LOT, but almost everytime he kicked machida he swallowed a knuckle sandwich for his troubles.

to me, the most definitive exchange that occurred the entire fight, was shogun against the fence absorbing strikes to the face and body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I totally agree with this. Rogan continually talked about Shogun's kicks but never once mentioned the answering punches from Machida. Since the judges didn't have Joe Rogan in their ear constantly throughout the fight, his commentary had no effect on their impression of that fight.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:36 AM

this same amount of controversy would be occuring had shogun took the belt away with such a close fight and indecisive win..... someone shoulda done something to win. But shogun had that responsibility more.... when it is close the belt NEEDS to stay with the champ... shogun shoulda earned it, which he clearly did not, i think everyone can agree on that, shogun shoulda finished it,