Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-25-2009, 05:22 AM
sender

Default UFC 104 SPOILER!!! BIGGEST ROBBERY EVER SPOILER!!! SPOILER!!! SPOILER!!! SPOILER!!!

OK SERIOUSLY!!!! I'm so angry right now.... Can anyone explain to me how Shogun lost that fight????

Under what judging criteria could machida win???? Please someone explain this to me because I have a huge loss for words right now...

SO NOT extreme!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:55 PM

I guess Machida blocked all those kicks with his body, and strikes with his face, so his hands didn't take any damage?
Old 10-25-2009, 12:59 PM
cubsfan47

I replayed my recording this a.m.. Especially during round 4 it looked like Machida had lost.

If that's the way it's going to be, fine. I simply won't get another PPV for a long time.

EDIT: I understand Bisping sent a congratulatory text message to Machida.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:00 PM

I stopped paying for them a long time ago. I only pay for Hughes ppv cards.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47 View Post
I replayed my recording this a.m.. Especially during round 4 it looked like Machida had lost.

If that's the way it's going to be, fine. I simply won't get another PPV for a long time.

EDIT: I understand Bisping sent a congratulatory text message to Machida.
Go to your local Buffalo Wild Wings. They usually have them for $5.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:19 PM
rearnakedchoke

well, i bet a lot of people that shogun would win ... i was never sold on machida ... i will pay the bets ... but we will see how many people will feel bad for taking it ...
Old 10-25-2009, 03:22 PM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender View Post
OK SERIOUSLY!!!! I'm so angry right now.... Can anyone explain to me how Shogun lost that fight????

Under what judging criteria could machida win???? Please someone explain this to me because I have a huge loss for words right now...

SO NOT extreme!!!!
It's very simple, really. Machida won round 3. Shogun definitely won rounds 4 & 5. Rounds 1 & 2 were extremely close, and I would have hated to have to score them. It is easy to see how they could have been give to either fighter, and the judges gave them to Machida. It seems to follow the logic that in order to win the round, you have to convincingly beat the champ, like Shogun did in the last 2 rounds. What I don't get is that one judge gave Shogun round 1 & 5, & Machida rounds 2,3,&4. Machida definitely lost round 4. Even he (Machida) admited that he rested in round 4 to have energy for the last round. Judging that round correctly would have made it a spit decision instead of a unanimous one, which is a little easier for most folks to digest.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:51 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Go to your local Buffalo Wild Wings. They usually have them for $5.
There's one less than a mile from me; I'll be there.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:52 PM
surveyorshawn

Shogun did beat Machida, btw. I was just offering a simple example of how Machida could have easily won a decision in the judges eyes. Independent round scoring can do that. It's how Randy Couture beat Pedro Rizzo the first time. Kinda like how a football team can get a slight advantage in the 1st half, get totally shut down and owned in the 2nd half, but still win the game if the opponent who shuts them down does not take advantage and score enough. Rua owned Machida the last 2 rounds, but the 1st 3 were too close, and he did not really capitalize on the damage he caused in the last rounds. His game plan was perfect, though. My friend called it before the fight...take away Machida's legs and you take away his speed and elusiveness. We will see how much both of them can evolve and adapt in the remach. Hopefully it will be decisive!!
Old 10-25-2009, 03:58 PM
sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
It's very simple, really. Machida won round 3. Shogun definitely won rounds 4 & 5. Rounds 1 & 2 were extremely close, and I would have hated to have to score them. It is easy to see how they could have been give to either fighter, and the judges gave them to Machida. It seems to follow the logic that in order to win the round, you have to convincingly beat the champ, like Shogun did in the last 2 rounds. What I don't get is that one judge gave Shogun round 1 & 5, & Machida rounds 2,3,&4. Machida definitely lost round 4. Even he (Machida) admited that he rested in round 4 to have energy for the last round. Judging that round correctly would have made it a spit decision instead of a unanimous one, which is a little easier for most folks to digest.
Really????

If you look at the judging criteria...
-Clean Strikes
-Effective Grappling
-Octagon Control
-Effective Aggressiveness

Which one did machida ever show in the fight??? He maybe won round 1 and thats it man.

Shogun was initiating every contact... landed more strikes, controlled the octagon...

So if you look at the judging criteria... shogun showed 3/4 in every round...

I'm gonna rewatch this fight but I dont see how that will change my mind.