Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-10-2009, 12:10 AM
rearnakedchoke

Default Presidential News Conference - on now

Your Pres in on right now ... man, this is one real great president ...
Old 02-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Your Pres in on right now ... man, this is one real great president ...
I'm watching Cartoon Network, I'm not interested in this man's lies.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:25 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Give him a chance to screw up before you totally condemn him Nate, it has not even been a month yet, this is only his first prime time news conference.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:28 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I will say, somebody needs to do a fact check on that school in South Carolina Obama just referenced. What he said seemed a bit exaggerated.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Give him a chance to screw up before you totally condemn him Nate, it has not even been a month yet, this is only his first prime time news conference.
Actually, I am watching him talk around in circles right now. He's complaining about Bush doubling the national debt over 8 years, while completely ignoring the fact that he wants to double it again within his first few weeks in office.

I won't even get into how dangerous it is to just go printing off money with nothing to back it up except the "good name" of the US government. Just read about Germany's hyperinflation in 1923, where money was more valuable as scrap paper than it's face value.

Of course, Nancy Pelosi did the best job of summing up liberal fearmongering to gain support for this "stimulus" package. She stated that, for every moment we delayed passing the stimulus, "500 million Americans lose their jobs." That just really puts it all into perspective. The situation is unbelievably dire! Especially since there are only 305 million Americans alive today.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Black Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I'm watching Cartoon Network, I'm not interested in this man's lies.

Are there any good cartoons on there? Adultswim is pretty good (PJs, King of the Hill, Family Guy) but during the day it's only so-so. I miss all the old cartoons from the 90s (Jetsons, Scooby, Pup Named Scooby Doo, Acme Hour, Johnny Bravo, Looney Tunes, etc).
Old 02-10-2009, 12:42 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Actually, I am watching him talk around in circles right now. He's complaining about Bush doubling the national debt over 8 years, while completely ignoring the fact that he wants to double it again within his first few weeks in office.

I won't even get into how dangerous it is to just go printing off money with nothing to back it up except the "good name" of the US government. Just read about Germany's hyperinflation in 1923, where money was more valuable as scrap paper than it's face value.

Of course, Nancy Pelosi did the best job of summing up liberal fearmongering to gain support for this "stimulus" package. She stated that, for every moment we delayed passing the stimulus, "500 million Americans lose their jobs." That just really puts it all into perspective. The situation is unbelievably dire! Especially since there are only 305 million Americans alive today.
I am with you, I am just saying before we totally rake him over the coals lets see what actually happens here in near future. No doubt the economy is a bad spot right now, but of course they are making it seem worse than it is to get this bill passed.

Although, it is funny how he says he did not intend to come right into office and spend all this money but it's almost exactly what John McCain said he was gonna do, almost down to the dollar amount.

Pelosi is the most dangerous of the group in my opinion, that woman really rubs me the wrong way. Even just looking at her upsets me.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba

Are there any good cartoons on there? Adultswim is pretty good (PJs, King of the Hill, Family Guy) but during the day it's only so-so. I miss all the old cartoons from the 90s (Jetsons, Scooby, Pup Named Scooby Doo, Acme Hour, Johnny Bravo, Looney Tunes, etc).
Actually, they were playing Ben10, which I'm not a huge fan of, so I had no problem changing it.

Back to the hyperinflation, when Germany started printing money out of control, prices skyrocketed to unbelievable levels almost overnight.

This is a 50 Mark note, which could buy 25 loaves of bread in 1920 (equivalent to our dollar, bread is about $2 a loaf right now).

This is a 5,000,000,000 Mark note (that's 5 billion). In November 1923, you would have needed 40 of these to buy a single loaf of bread (equivalent to $90 billion for one loaf of bread).

Within hours, you would have needed 80 of these to buy half a loaf of bread. That's how quickly it can all fall apart.

There were many factors that played into the collapse of the German economy, but the basic premise is sound: If you print too much worthless money, eventually ALL of your money becomes worthless.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:48 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Oooh, curveball by Major Garret with the question about his conversation with Joe Biden...very nice. Now he's really talking in circles. Almost like John Madden calling a football game.

Now they are asking him about A-Rod....this is ridiculous. He better say GO White Sox.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

They need to stop giving Helen Thomas a microphone. I don't wanna be mean, but c'mon...