Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-25-2009, 04:53 AM
logrus

Well Well Well another B.S call by Mazzi
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Well Big Ben went down like.....a Big Ben He fought horrible!
serves him right for shyte talking about Matt Hughes doesnt it
Stump Rules!

Did you see the look of shock on Big Ben's face?

He got his ass kicked the entire time

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 10-25-2009, 04:55 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

and I'm back in Prediction positive
Old 10-25-2009, 04:56 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

yes...all the way through the first he was like "WTF who is this guy, he's got an entire record as long as my losses over a huge record...and I suck compared to him"
Old 10-25-2009, 04:57 AM
Stump Rules!

He looked liked it was his first fight and discovered that it was a lot harder then it looked on TV

Old 10-25-2009, 04:58 AM
logrus

Quote:

It's 3 rounds anything can happen. He was getting up and def should not have been stopped there.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:59 AM
que

this fight will be truly heartbreaking for me to watch.

i love shogun.

i love machida.

shogun is still very young, and is already a former champion. i think he will become champion again, he is amazing. but i believe this is lyoto's time right now.

i gotta root for machida because i have been saying for years that he will become the reigning champ, and i've been saying that before most people even knew who he was.

now he has the belt, the true test is to defend it. can he do it? that is the ultimate question. both men are incredible ambassadors of the sport, and ultimately respectful, so i will be disappointed and happy at the same time whoever wins.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Round 3 - Tibau scores an immediate takedown and is able to pass to half-guard before Neer executes a hip escape and scrambles back to his feet. Neer lands a few solid shots in the standup and then presses Tibau up against the cage. Tibau backpedals then drops for a weak takedown which Neer is able to stuff. Tibau drops for another telegraphed takedown and Neer is again able to defend. Neer contines to try to back Tibau down; Tibau tries another slow takedown that is again defended. Neer lands a right hand but Tibau is able to sink for a successful single. Continuing the theme, Neer gets right back to his feet. Neer gets a kick checked and appears to have hurt himself. Tibau drops for yet another successful takedown agains the fence, but Neer yet again jumps right back up. Tibau shoots for a double from distance and secures one final takedown as time expires. MMAjunkie.com scores the round 10-9 for Tibau yet again. Gleison Tibau defeats Josh Neer by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).

BEN ROTHWELL VS. CAIN VELASQUEZ

Round 1 - Velasquez throws a kick to the body, Rothwell counters with a 1-2. Velasquez sinks for a single and finishes it with a trip. Rothwell tries to work back to his feet, but Velasquez sucks him back down to the floor again. Rothwell stands but Velasquez dumps him to the floor again, but this time Rothwell climbs back to his feet immediately. the fighters exchange, with Velasquez actually landing the cleaner shots. Velasquez drops for another successful takedown, and lands some punishment from side control. Rothwell is able to create an escape, but Velasquez shoots for a successful single and brings Rothwell down again. Velasquez lands several big shot and then transitions to mount briefly. Rothwell is able to escape the mount, but Velasquez stays on top and continues to punish. Rothwell is able to stand up again but immediately gets dumped back down. Velasquez stands over his exhausted opponent and lands numerous hard shots. However, Rothwell is able to hang on and the round ends. MMAjunkie.com scores the first round 10-8 for Velasquez and wouldn't argue with a 10-7.

Round 2 - Rothwell tries a head kick as the round opens and almost falls over. Velasquez sinks for a single and throws his opponent to the ground. Rothwell is turtled with Velasquez on his back landing hard shots to the face. Rothwell is able to scramble over to the fence with Velasquez keeping the pressure on. Rothwell starts to stand up and eats five consecutive clean shots to the face while doing so. Mazegatti has seen enough and jumps in to call an end to the fight just as Rothwell gets back to his feet. Rothwell protests the stoppage, but it's certain that he was getting absolutely demolished in the fight. Cain Velasquez defeats Ben Rothwell by TKO at 0:43 of the second round.
Better late than never.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Stump Rules!

All he did was get his ass kicked the entire time.At least now he can "blame" his loss on "early stoppage" instead of looking like the big fat loser he was

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
It's 3 rounds anything can happen. He was getting up and def should not have been stopped there.