Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-25-2009, 04:21 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Spencer needed a good butt whoopin.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:30 AM

Quote:
JOSH NEER VS. GLEISON TIBAU

Round 1 - Neer pushes forward from the center of the cage and backs Tibau up by looking to land his jab. Tibau explodes off the cage witha tremendous slam takedown. Tibau starts in north-south but Neer regains guard and then gets back to his feet quickly. Neer looks to land a punch and is on the receiving end of a second explosive takedown. Neer again regains full guard and is again back to his feet after only taking minor damage. Neer retakes the center of the cage looking to strike, and again Tibau shoots in for a successful takedown. Tibau tries to pass and Neer is able to create a scramble and get right back to his feet. Still, these takedowns are most likely scoring points with the judges. The two fighters exchange on the feet for a moment, and then Tibau explode and completes his fourth takedown. Neer uses the butterfly guard and then gets back to his feet. The round ends with Neer landing an uppercut, but MMAjunkie.com scores the round 10-9 for Tibau.

Round 2 - Neer again takes the center of the cage and looks to strike. Tibau shoots and throws Neer to the ground for the fifth time in the fight, and once again Neer gets right back to his feet. Neer tries to strike against the cage and Tibau drop to land takedown number six. Neer scrambles right back to his feet and lands a solid leg kick. Tibau drops and completes takedown number seven. This time, Tibau is able to jump in to full mount. Neer gives up his back immediately, and stands up with Tibau along for the ride. Tibau swings around for an armbar, but Neer defends, and Neer ends up on top of Tibau for the first time in the fight. However, Neer is unable to capitalize as Tibau is able to push him off and get back to his feet. Neer landing several good combinations, and then a solid uppercut. Tibau gets a trip takedown but doesn't even try to get on top. Neer again takes the center of the cage and walks down Tibau while landing strikes. MMAjunkie.com scores the round 10-9 for Tibau again.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:36 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

I think that Josh Neer might have lost, but he played the better game. I mean he was good on the feet, and he was so defensive on the ground, that Gleison basically won purely on the takedowns...I reckon that the bum shin might have made it hard for Neer to defend the take-downs.

Suddenly, I'm not doing so well with my picks. I thought Eric Schafer would win by bar sub in the third, and he lost via decision to bader, and I thought that Josh Neer would win by decision, and the decision was won by Tibau
Old 10-25-2009, 04:38 AM
logrus

Anyone watching this from a stream hook me up. I am going down everywhere lol
Old 10-25-2009, 04:41 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Spencer needed a good butt whoopin.

well he kinda got one

Old 10-25-2009, 04:43 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Anyone watching this from a stream hook me up. I am going down everywhere lol
Check your PM
Old 10-25-2009, 04:50 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

if nothing else, cain made my day with just that first round...even if he loses in later rounds
Old 10-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Stump Rules!

Well Big Ben went down like.....a Big Ben He fought horrible!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 10-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
Check your PM
Also need help!
Old 10-25-2009, 04:52 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

naturally Rothwell disputes the end. Its shameful that he's a suckerpunch fighter, I dont care, I do not support him...and he can hardly complain when the Ref should have stopped it in THE FIRST and didnt

I'm pleased