Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-16-2009, 08:58 PM
eric84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I don't know why exactly but it just feels better being screwed by a private company or then it does being screwed by my government.

That's all it is.

They are both going to screw us would just prefer it be done by a private company.
Haha, I don't disagree... but isn't it nice when you get screwed, you can say screw them and switch companies? Kind of hard to switch governments.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84 View Post
Haha, I don't disagree... but isn't it nice when you get screwed, you can say screw them and switch companies? Kind of hard to switch governments.
And both are a bitch to sue.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:37 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
We already have the best healthcare in the world, why do we need to screw it up by letting the government take it over?
Because misery loves company.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:38 PM
SupaDupaMod

I work with a man who said his daughter-n-law is with her husband in England and is pregnant. They told her that she was young and reasonably healthy. They also told her that unless she had complications during the pregnancy then she could birth at home with a midwife. Period. No options. She is on her way home.

Yay, government run healthcare.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:21 AM
bradwright

well let me just say that the government run health care that i'm provided with in Canada works just fine for me....i have never been told what doctor i could see or how i would be treated,heck if i went to a Doctor and didn't like what he had to say or didn't trust his opinion then i am free to see a different doctor,no extra charge...in fact no charge at all.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:35 AM
donaldbreland

I got an idea. It will probably suck in many peoples eyes but the ones who need health care and are too lazy to work then the government needs to come by their house 2 or 3 days a week and make them clean the highways and cut grass that way they are working for their food stamps and their medicaid.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:41 AM
donaldbreland

rearnakedchoke wrote:
Quote:
The US is one of the greatest countries in the world. If they get universal health care, it will only make them a greater country ...
You are wrong again my friend. The United States is the Greatest Country in The World and how in the heck do you say that a government ran health care would be better. The Government can't even get our economy straightened out.
Still we have the freedom to choose what we want to in our FREE Country and your wanting them to take that away. If you want that then move to China.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:57 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
rearnakedchoke wrote:

You are wrong again my friend. The United States is the Greatest Country in The World and how in the heck do you say that a government ran health care would be better. The Government can't even get our economy straightened out.
Still we have the freedom to choose what we want to in our FREE Country and your wanting them to take that away. If you want that then move to China.
It's debatable whether the US is the greatest country in the world ... that is your opinion ... but i agree, it is up there ...

there is another thread going on in this site where someone actually has to resort to asking for donations .. sorry, but that crap wouldn't even be an issue in canada or other countries with good health care .... it is sad that people who can't afford large procedures like that have to wait to pay for it first .... ridiculous ... ask her family if she would like universal health care ...
Old 10-17-2009, 03:46 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
It's debatable whether the US is the greatest country in the world ... that is your opinion ... but i agree, it is up there ...

there is another thread going on in this site where someone actually has to resort to asking for donations .. sorry, but that crap wouldn't even be an issue in canada or other countries with good health care .... it is sad that people who can't afford large procedures like that have to wait to pay for it first .... ridiculous ... ask her family if she would like universal health care ...
If your child had to travel hundreds of miles for a medical procedure would your universal healthcare pay for the transportation? Would they pay for your room and board while there? Would they pay for your food?

That is what the donations where for.

p.s. Yes, why don't you ask that family if they would like universal health care? IF, and that is IF, that procedure is even available in Canada, ask that family if they would rather have that surgery performed on their child in Canada or in the US.

Last edited by Neezar; 10-17-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:58 PM
SupaDupaMod

Btw, does anyone even realize that the people in the countries that have universal health care pay MORE than we do for insurance.

Quote:
Funding the system

Like the NHS in Britain, Canada provides a good but not perfect system of healthcare. The level of coverage varies across the country and many Canadians have supplemental private insurance coverage through group plans, which covers the cost of these supplementary services.

The Canadian Medical Association believes an estimated four million of Canada's 33 million population don't have a family doctor and more than one million are waiting for treatment.

Canada has 2.1 physicians per 1,000 people, while Belgium has 3.9, according to the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development.
Much of the resentment towards the healthcare system is caused by the fact that so much of Canada's already high tax goes towards it. The average Canadian family pays about 48 per cent of its income in taxes each year and, while rates vary from province to province, Ontario, the most populous, spends around 40 per cent of its tax revenue on health, according to the Canadian Taxpayers Federation.

The federation, which campaigns for tax reform and private enterprise in healthcare, believes the system is suffering serious financial challenges. It calculates that by 2035, Ontario will be spending 85 per cent of its budget on healthcare.

(So they are begging for private enterprise. Amazing.)

The federal government and most provinces acknowledge there's a crisis: a lack of physicians and nurses, state-of-the-art equipment and funding. In Ontario, more than 10,000 nurses and hospital workers are facing layoffs over the next two years unless the provincial government boosts funding, says the Ontario Hospital Association, which represents healthcare providers in the province.

In 1984 Parliament passed the Canada Health Act, which affirmed the federal government's commitment to provide mostly free healthcare to all, including the 200,000 immigrants arriving each year. The system is called Medicare (no relation to Medicare in the United States).

Despite the financial burden, Canadians value their Medicare as a marker of egalitarianism and independent identity that sets their country apart from the United States, where some 45 million Americans lack health insurance.

In 2000 The World Health Organisation ranked Canada 30th in the provision of public healthcare and the United States 37th. France's system was ranked the best, followed by Italy, Spain, Oman and Australia.