Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-16-2009, 07:06 AM
donaldbreland

I thought I would share this video with you.
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZQ8tChMUg[/URL]
Old 10-16-2009, 07:18 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
I thought I would share this video with you.
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZQ8tChMUg[/URL]
Link not working! On a side note I think the business philosophy Rush backs would help the Rams. Hire the best person you can for the job! I also hope Rush sues and wins against some of these Folks for Libel!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:36 AM

The video that was linked was removed but here is another one of the same topic, Stephen Smith on Rush buying the Rams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USKg_MP3hNs

Wow, Donald, that was a very passionate post with a lot of truth in it. I've thought on this topic and tried to examine my true feelings over the years and I think we all do have varying degrees of bias.

I feel really sad, though, about what happened at the fair when you were babysitting for your cousin. And it's on both sides! Disapproval from both sides!

Strange that you posted about that the same day I read that a judge in the south just denied a mixed race couple a marriage license because he said that children resulting from the marriage would face too many difficulties!!! Made me think we are going backwards instead of forwards, you know?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Crisco

On a side note,

regarding Rush's supposed quote is it true?

I wonder if the stats would back it up.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:48 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
The NAACP is one of the most racist groups out there today. Probably more so than the KKK. the reason I say that is because every where they turn they are creating violence.
I am FAR from being a supporter of the NAACP, and I completely agree with you that racism swings both ways.

However, the NAACP is not creating violence at every turn any more than a person like Rush Limbaugh is by making inflammatory statements. The KKK was and is a violent group of admitted racists. Sure, the NAACP has elements that can easily be considered racist depending on how you want to look at it, but they are not out on a crusade to "kill whitey" or get whitey out of their neighborhoods.

Rush got kicked out of the group because he is a distraction. Even if he never actually said this quote, there are a lot of people out there who want to see him get torn down, and they will even go out of their way to make up lies about him. That IS a distraction, and from a professional point of view, they made the right decision in cutting ties with him on this deal.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:04 AM
donaldbreland

when was the last known reported crime of violence by the kkk. I do not agree with what they did or do but I tend to think the NAACP is actually more racist. Also most of the NAACP is made up of a group called the black panthers which is guess what. A racist group towards whites. Also you saying that Rush is causing more of a stir than the NAACP is plain out wrong. The NAACP is called upon anything that happens between a black and a white if the white is in the wrong. Every time a black person doesn't get his/her way the NAACP is called upon. I am sick and tired of people calling Blacks African Americans too. If they were born in this country then they are full blooded Americans. I'm tired of them being the ones that single themselves out. Everyone is born with a chance to do whatever they want to in life. The ones who make it there is the ones who bust their butts to get what they want out of life and the ones who don't are the ones griping and complaining about how they don't have the opportunities. That goes for all races. By the way JB you sounded a little racist towards Rush.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:28 AM
donaldbreland

Can't anyone stand up for our rights anymore. I get the picture that the blacks went through years of pain because of slavery but my God the black people have a chance now to become what ever they want to become, even president of the United States. I know back in the 1960's things were hard but todays generation of black kids have no right saying we as whites owe them anything. I can not and will not be held reliable for what someone else did nor will I be held responsible for what my ancestors did. If you want to know the way I think about it. I think our ancestors gave them opportunities they would have never had in Africa. See in todays history books it only speaks of how the whites went over and bought slaves but it don't speak of who sold the slaves. There own ancestors sold them. I happen to live 30 minutes away from Charleston South Carolina where a slave market still stands today. I happen to live 20 minutes from Charlestons plantations where they show pictures of slaves and how they stayed after the civil war and was given land because they earned it. The next time any of you come to Charleston Please visit our plantations and learn true history for yourself.
There is a lot of people in the media that are prejudice towards the white man. People like Chris Rock, Kanye West, Al Sharpton, Rev Wright just to name a few. Then when someone has the conads to stand up for our rights as well as the rights of black people together, then people call him a racist. I am speaking of Glenn Beck. The man is asking for the truth and quotes the Rev Martin Luther King Jr all the time. Stop hearing what you want to hear and hear what is real people. We need to stand up and join together and take down these groups that are slowly tearing down our country and taking freedom away from one and giving it to another. We all should be treated the same. I don't care where you came from in life or what religion you believe in. My God tells me to love one another and I will do that until the day I die.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:12 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
when was the last known reported crime of violence by the kkk. I do not agree with what they did or do but I tend to think the NAACP is actually more racist. Also most of the NAACP is made up of a group called the black panthers which is guess what. A racist group towards whites. Also you saying that Rush is causing more of a stir than the NAACP is plain out wrong. The NAACP is called upon anything that happens between a black and a white if the white is in the wrong. Every time a black person doesn't get his/her way the NAACP is called upon. I am sick and tired of people calling Blacks African Americans too. If they were born in this country then they are full blooded Americans. I'm tired of them being the ones that single themselves out. Everyone is born with a chance to do whatever they want to in life. The ones who make it there is the ones who bust their butts to get what they want out of life and the ones who don't are the ones griping and complaining about how they don't have the opportunities. That goes for all races. By the way JB you sounded a little racist towards Rush.
You need to take a big hairy chill pill and actually READ what I said.

I NEVER said that Rush causes more of a stir than the NAACP. I said Rush's status as a celebrity in the world of politics is a distraction, hence the reason he was dropped from the group looking to purchase the Rams.

Your assertion that the NAACP directly causes violence is ridiculous and you have no way to back up such a claim. Do they incite violence by driving the wedge between blacks and whites even further? I'm sure it's possible in some feeble minded individuals, but it's not something that the group openly supports and it's not something that is happening on any sort of large scale. Also, not all people associated with the NAACP are Black Panthers.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying about race relations, but I think you have some things a little backwards. First of all, how the hell is one group going to be MORE racist than another? Racist is racist, plain and simple. The KKK is every bit as racist as the Black Panthers. Now, it's fair to say that one group causes more violence than another, but you also have to be able to back up what you are saying.

You are the one who said the NAACP causes violence at every turn, and that is just simply NOT TRUE. The NAACP most certainly has some racist elements to it depending on how you choose to interpret them, but the group does not openly endorse violent action as groups like the KKK or the Black Panthers do. The NAACP was started to promote advancement of ALL people by working towards ending racial discrimination. It was also started during a time when colored people were SEVERELY discriminated against in this country. Groups like the KKK and Black Panthers are HATE groups designed to promote only their respective races. Sure, you can say that some people who consider themselves "Black Panthers" are supporters of the NAACP, but that does not mean the NAACP is a violent racist organization. Klan members are usually Protestant Christians, does that don't make Christianity a violent racist religion? The answer is a resounding NO, it does not.

I am "racist" against Rush?

I have to disagree with what you think racism is. If I gather what you are saying correctly, you believe that by simply "hating" another individual that makes you a racist, however that is not what racism is defined as...

Racism (rac-ism)
NOUN:
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

So, I take it you think I hate Rush Limbaugh, and that also could not be further from the truth. I like a lot of what Rush says, but I also think he can be a bit of a blowhard from time to time, as with any good political talk show host. All I said was that his celebrity status and the controversy that always surrounds him is not good for an NFL team, and as a lifelong football fan I am most certainly entitled to that opinion.

Last edited by J.B.; 10-17-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:32 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
There is a lot of people in the media that are prejudice towards the white man. People like Chris Rock, Kanye West, Al Sharpton, Rev Wright just to name a few. Then when someone has the conads to stand up for our rights as well as the rights of black people together, then people call him a racist. I am speaking of Glenn Beck. The man is asking for the truth and quotes the Rev Martin Luther King Jr all the time. Stop hearing what you want to hear and hear what is real people. We need to stand up and join together and take down these groups that are slowly tearing down our country and taking freedom away from one and giving it to another. We all should be treated the same. I don't care where you came from in life or what religion you believe in. My God tells me to love one another and I will do that until the day I die.
I don't think Al Sharpton is really a racist, but behind closed doors I could be wrong. I just think he is a race-baiter who makes his living off the insecurities of some black people. The guy has done a lot of good things, but he also takes on some ridiculous causes that he blows out of proportion in order to keep himself in the mix.

As for Chris Rock, I don't follow him outside his comedy, so I don't really know what you are talking about with him.

Everybody around here knows how I feel about Kanye. He is a gay fish and one of biggest IRL trolls in history. Nobody takes him seriously, he is a joke.

Rev Wright? Yeah, he's a honky hater.

Glenn Beck? I think he's a smart guy who makes some great points, but then he destroys his own credibility by going completely overboard and looking like a tool. Just like a lot of celebrities, he uses his antics to keep his fans entertained and to keep his haters talking about him. As long as people are talking about him, ratings will stay up, and he will have a job. I don't see Beck as a racist, but that's the label Fox News has gotten, so it should not come of a surprise to anybody that people are saying that.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:54 AM
donaldbreland

JB I very much enjoy your posts and love talking about such issues as we talk about. I am not on here to change ones mind or change their opinion on a certain subject. I am on here to talk about issues this country is facing. I don't know much about where your from but here in the south it's a completely different ball game. Racism is a very big subject down here and white people are made to be looked down upon. You're absolutely right about if your a racist you can't be more racist than the other. The KKK and the Black Panthers are in the same boat. They both are racist groups. The NAACP was not created for ALL people. It was created for the Black people. I am so tired of having black history month and now the mexican history month. Why can't it be just American History. I will now take time to find solid points on my argument that the NAACP is a racist group and get back to you.