Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 10-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Do you think this season has anything to do with Rampage walking away from the UFC?

Nobody can fight for ever and most fighters go on to coaching/training of some sort, opening their own gyms etc. Rampage is getting the "I suck as a coach" message pretty clear from his record, Dana, his fighters and Rashad. Maybe going into the movies after fighting is the only end game he had to play so he bailed on fighting early (couldn't handle a loss to Rashad) and went to Hollywood?

That's what I think anyway... I think this season messed with his head so much he just walked away.
Not all Fighters that go onto movies are bad though...I did have words with Cung Le recently when I accidently came across him in Fighting...and was wondering why he had a tiny part that gave him no credit at all...but he said his next movie out soon will be better
Old 10-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Max

I Think we are seeing that 1. Rampage does not want to ever coach, now or after he is done fighting, and 2. Rampage prob did not want to do the show in the first place and does not really give a crap how things turn out for his team.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:12 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I Think we are seeing that 1. Rampage does not want to ever coach, now or after he is done fighting, and 2. Rampage prob did not want to do the show in the first place and does not really give a crap how things turn out for his team.
I don't think it matters if he wants to coach or if he wanted to be on the show. He is coaching and he is on the show. He should do his job. I find myself in situations at work all the time that I don't want to be in and ordered to do things that I don't want to do. I usually do those first. And I try to do a good job whether the job sucks or not.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I missed this show all but the very end. I saw Rashad confront the man. Go Rashad! I also saw the previews. I wonder who the butt sniffer is!

Old 10-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I don't think it matters if he wants to coach or if he wanted to be on the show. He is coaching and he is on the show. He should do his job. I find myself in situations at work all the time that I don't want to be in and ordered to do things that I don't want to do. I usually do those first. And I try to do a good job whether the job sucks or not.
yes...but not everyone does. I know people who work at the store who dont really care, consequently they dont work as well as they could.

I think there might be some truth to Rampage never wanting to go onto the show in the first place
Old 10-16-2009, 01:04 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I also saw the previews. I wonder who the butt sniffer is!
The same guy who left his family on the shower floor - Jensen I think his name is.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:45 PM
billwilliams70

Rashad's staff is simply coaching better than Rampage's staff and Rashad's winning in the hype/smack department too.

Rampage knows that he's not doing so well, and it's certainly been proven true with him leaving the UFC and fighting since the show's end.

With Rampage's inability to coach, I wonder how much of a hassle it would be to switch teams. If one team dominates and ends up undefeated, don't they normally make some of them go to the other coach, to even things out? I can't quite remember.

I wonder if he'll even be there for the finale.

Later.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Shoots like a girl

I was never a very big fan of Rashad and I cant help but to think that some of his "concern" for Rampages team is another way to get under Jackson's skin. But with that said, Rashad has not only shown that he is a good coach this season but also shown some class to the other teams fighters. Ive for sure gained some respect for Rashad Evans. I really dont want to see this become a shut out though. We are seeing less drama in the house this season and more training and fighting! I love it!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
I was never a very big fan of Rashad and I cant help but to think that some of his "concern" for Rampages team is another way to get under Jackson's skin. But with that said, Rashad has not only shown that he is a good coach this season but also shown some class to the other teams fighters. Ive for sure gained some respect for Rashad Evans. I really dont want to see this become a shut out though. We are seeing less drama in the house this season and more training and fighting! I love it!!!!
Totally agree!!!

He's playing up the sensitive, caring coach bit just to piss off Rampage.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Shoots like a girl

Well, it working! But it is still at the expense of Team Rampage! Those guys really need the support of their coaches, especially after a loss. I just think Rashad is a much better coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Totally agree!!!

He's playing up the sensitive, caring coach bit just to piss off Rampage.