Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 10-15-2009, 04:51 AM
MMeh

Default TUF 10.5 (Spoilers!)

Wow Rampage looks even worse, if that's possible. I think some of the Dana commentary on coaches gelling with their teams/particularly bad Team Rampage training shots were cut/added later to make Rampage look as bas as the UFC could, but wow, this guy is really showing how much of a jerk he really is. I thought it was funny at the end of the episode when Rashad called his punk card and all Rampage could do was stammer. I think the clean sweep is a real possibility, though Junk and Big Baby (who heard a promise that wasn't made - but I'd be itching to fight if I was him too) could have a shot in their matchups.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:42 AM
GnP

Yeah I like Rampage but man he should never ever coach. He shows no support or respect to his team.

Rashad is a great coach and in my opinion proving a great deal of the haters wrong
Old 10-15-2009, 10:20 AM

Good analysis from both comments.

I thought the cracks were starting to appear in Rampage. I thought walking out on his last 2 fighters after they lost was very revealing (and not in a good way!!).
Old 10-15-2009, 12:24 PM
County Mike

Definitely not looking good for Rampage. I also wonder how much editing was done AFTER Rampage left the UFC to make him look bad, but editing can only do so much. Leaving your fighter unconscious in the cage without even checking on him is terrible (and obviously not caused by the editing). He claimed he didn't enter the cage to avoid prison, as if he would have assaulted his own fighter for losing? What's up with that?

Still not exactly a fan of Rashad, but I'm liking him more than Rampage right now. One thing I noticed is that when Rampage didn't really have a comeback, his only response was "You'll see what happens. You'll see." which pretty much means he doesn't even have an answer. It's like a 5th grader with an empty threat.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Chuck

Do you think this season has anything to do with Rampage walking away from the UFC?

Nobody can fight for ever and most fighters go on to coaching/training of some sort, opening their own gyms etc. Rampage is getting the "I suck as a coach" message pretty clear from his record, Dana, his fighters and Rashad. Maybe going into the movies after fighting is the only end game he had to play so he bailed on fighting early (couldn't handle a loss to Rashad) and went to Hollywood?

That's what I think anyway... I think this season messed with his head so much he just walked away.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:46 PM

I think Rashad definitly hit a nerve when he called Rampage out at the end. I get the idea that Rampage does not like the idea of being the bad guy. He didn't have anything to come back with. Remember how hard he took it when he got booed during the Marvin Eastman fight?

The episode was pretty funny. I didn't expect a lot out of Wes Simms. he's funny as heck, but totally threw a good gameplan out the window. Wren is going to be a tough guy to beat.

[
Old 10-15-2009, 02:47 PM
County Mike

I agree Chuck. He knows that coaching isn't for him. He was offered an acting job and probably has a manager pushing him to pursue acting full time. I don't blame him for changing careers to a job that doesn't get him beaten up. I still think he should have done a better job as a coach, just based on some common sense things. I don't expect him to be a great coach, but at least be a decent human in how he relates to his team.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:01 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I think Rashad definitly hit a nerve when he called Rampage out at the end. I get the idea that Rampage does not like the idea of being the bad guy. He didn't have anything to come back with. Remember how hard he took it when he got booed during the Marvin Eastman fight?

The episode was pretty funny. I didn't expect a lot out of Wes Simms. he's funny as heck, but totally threw a good gameplan out the window. Wren is going to be a tough guy to beat.
Good point. I had forgotten about that.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:02 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I gotta admit, it's pretty frustrating to me to have to sit around week after week & agree with Rashad all the time!

Even if all we're seeing are the absolute worst moments of Rampage & literally every other second of his time on the show he's the perfect trainer & saint, not going to your guy after a fight is inexcusable.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Maldonado136

you can tell that rashad hurt rampage's feelings when he called him selfish. that was when rampage stopped talking.