Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Amir vs Phil for 106.

Amir vs Phil for 106... who takes it??

http://fantasy1.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa...ghtCardsReview

I think Phil could do it.. but if he loses to Amir (which IS VERY possible.).. I would say that he is done..

UFC bringing back some old school fighters lately...
Old 10-11-2009, 12:33 AM
logrus

Amir will be 0-2 then lol and will be the only guy Phil beats in the next 3 years.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Maldonado136

amir's got this. they only signed phil to make things harder for strikeforce which is why they also signed buentello. do you really think dana actually wants buentello in the ufc?
Old 10-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
amir's got this. they only signed phil to make things harder for strikeforce which is why they also signed buentello. do you really think dana actually wants buentello in the ufc?
I don't know. I don't think Paul is top ten or anything but I actually do think he is better than some people think. I could see him putting a small dent.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:03 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I don't know. I don't think Paul is top ten or anything but I actually do think he is better than some people think. I could see him putting a small dent.
I could honestly see Dana throwing Buentello in there with Kimbo. They would definitely keep it standing, either way Kimbo will always be a draw. I kind of think of Buentello as a poor man's Heath Herring in terms of being a solid gatekeeper/someone you can put on the main card, but not a real title threat (although he did fight Arlovski for the belt in the "dark ages" of the UFC HW division)
Old 10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMeh View Post
I could honestly see Dana throwing Buentello in there with Kimbo. They would definitely keep it standing, either way Kimbo will always be a draw. I kind of think of Buentello as a poor man's Heath Herring in terms of being a solid gatekeeper/someone you can put on the main card, but not a real title threat (although he did fight Arlovski for the belt in the "dark ages" of the UFC HW division)
That's what I was thinking!!
Old 10-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Josh

Quote:
Yeah that's about where I see him too.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Well, he was on the card, but he didn't really do anything in that fight besides go to sleep!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Amir will win this one
Old 10-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Hughes fanboy

Amir will welcome Baroni back to a losing streak in the UFC.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/