Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Country Breakfast

Default Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg Possible For UFC 110

Former UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra will making his return to the Octagon at UFC 110.

Serra revealed during a conversation with MMAFanhouse.com that he has recently agreed to participate in the event that has been pegged for February 6 in Las Vegas.

While an opponent has yet to be determined for Serra, the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt went on to reveal that Frank Trigg was one of the front runners for the spot.

Serra will be looking to bounce back from back to back defeats at the hands of Matt Hughes and Georges St. Pierre following his shocking knockout over GSP during UFC 69 on the heels of his TUF 4 championship performance.

If Trigg ends up facing Serra at UFC 110 he will undoubtedly be in a sink or swim position coming off of his first round TKO defeat via Josh Koscheck during UFC 103
Old 10-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Country Breakfast

I love to watch fights like this. I don't really care for either of them, so it's a win win situation.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

I like it. Hope it happens.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 10-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

hehe.. Serra vs Trigg.. what a joke fight....how about a FIST TIME EVERA!!!!! 3 man cage fight...

Hughes vs Serra vs Trigg

THAT I would pay for....

Serra/Trigg tag team Hughes... Hughes fakes Triggs groin shot... and puts a foot in Serras face... Serra is down... then Hughes pops the left jab/right upper cut... to get his first ever KO..

but then again.. a KO over Trigg... who "couldn't" do that...
Old 10-11-2009, 01:31 AM
Krupp

Actually, oddly enough, I could see Trigg winning this fight. He's fought and beaten good fighters at 185, and he's going to have the size advantage...while it's true he's pretty lousy on the ground, if he keeps the fight standing, Trigg might be able to do some damage, provided he doesn't get caught by a haymaker from Serra...

or a headbutt, for that matter haha.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:32 AM

This fight brings to my mind a quote made by Henry Kissinger during the 1980's concerning the Iran-Iraq War: "It's a pity both sides can't lose."
Old 10-11-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Breakfast View Post
I love to watch fights like this. I don't really care for either of them, so it's a win win situation.
Ditto.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:47 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
This fight brings to my mind a quote made by Henry Kissinger during the 1980's concerning the Iran-Iraq War: "It's a pity both sides can't lose."
I agree. I'd rather watch these guys fight someone I'm indifferent about so I be hwole-heartedly happy when they lose, as opposed to having my joy tempered with some sadness that the other a-hole won.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:15 AM
que

i think serra takes this. alot of people forget how good serra is because of his last two opponents, but i think he will knock trigg the F out
Old 10-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Stump Rules!

I hate to say it but I think Serra will take him to.I don't care for Trigg at all either but at least he's not so efin loud

http://stumpdotcom.com/