Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-11-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
I wish Obama would concentrate on Afghanistan as he promised during the campaign. Our generals have asked for more troops and he has not responded. He did not speak to his commanding general for over 70 days. Please watch this brief YouTube clip about his promises on Afghanistan during the campaign and compare them to the reality of his performance since he took office. In my opinion, his entire position on Afghanistan during the campaign was to paint Iraq as a "bad" war and Afghanistan as a "good" war; in large part, because at that time, the Iraq War was unpopular and the insurgency was highly active at that time. Bush stuck it out and Iraq was stabilized (for the time being). Now that Obama is in office and has the power to enact all the promises he made during the campaign, he is sitting on his hands. Of course, the media will not do their job and show his past words and confront him about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga859TrvjiQ
Amen.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
3. Policy of torture.
Policy of torture? Please. You mean waterboarding Khalid Sheik Muhammed (which was TOTALLY misrepresented in the NYT article, they did print a retraction on page 1,427 several weeks later). Boo-frickin'-hoo.

I don't really care to have a leader that worries about what the rest of the world thinks of us. Yes, they hate us, I guess that's why we are inundated with immigration/visa/green card applications (not to mention those that just stroll on in).

Don't worry, Play the Man, I think BHO is a one-termer for sure.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:26 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Policy of torture? Please. You mean waterboarding Khalid Sheik Muhammed (which was TOTALLY misrepresented in the NYT article, they did print a retraction on page 1,427 several weeks later). Boo-frickin'-hoo.

I don't really care to have a leader that worries about what the rest of the world thinks of us. Yes, they hate us, I guess that's why we are inundated with immigration/visa/green card applications (not to mention those that just stroll on in).

Don't worry, Play the Man, I think BHO is a one-termer for sure.
you really dont care what the rest of the world thinks of the USA. ?
do you really think the reason all those immigration/visa and green card aplications are because they think its the best country in the world to live ?

WOW.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
you really dont care what the rest of the world thinks of the USA. ?
No, I really don't care. I'm an American, not a globalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
do you really think the reason all those immigration/visa and green card aplications are because they think its the best country in the world to live ?

WOW.
Yes. Best country in which to live, work, have medical procedures, go to school, etc., etc.
  #