Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-11-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
I wish Obama would concentrate on Afghanistan as he promised during the campaign. Our generals have asked for more troops and he has not responded. He did not speak to his commanding general for over 70 days. Please watch this brief YouTube clip about his promises on Afghanistan during the campaign and compare them to the reality of his performance since he took office. In my opinion, his entire position on Afghanistan during the campaign was to paint Iraq as a "bad" war and Afghanistan as a "good" war; in large part, because at that time, the Iraq War was unpopular and the insurgency was highly active at that time. Bush stuck it out and Iraq was stabilized (for the time being). Now that Obama is in office and has the power to enact all the promises he made during the campaign, he is sitting on his hands. Of course, the media will not do their job and show his past words and confront him about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga859TrvjiQ
Amen.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
3. Policy of torture.
Policy of torture? Please. You mean waterboarding Khalid Sheik Muhammed (which was TOTALLY misrepresented in the NYT article, they did print a retraction on page 1,427 several weeks later). Boo-frickin'-hoo.

I don't really care to have a leader that worries about what the rest of the world thinks of us. Yes, they hate us, I guess that's why we are inundated with immigration/visa/green card applications (not to mention those that just stroll on in).

Don't worry, Play the Man, I think BHO is a one-termer for sure.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:26 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Policy of torture? Please. You mean waterboarding Khalid Sheik Muhammed (which was TOTALLY misrepresented in the NYT article, they did print a retraction on page 1,427 several weeks later). Boo-frickin'-hoo.

I don't really care to have a leader that worries about what the rest of the world thinks of us. Yes, they hate us, I guess that's why we are inundated with immigration/visa/green card applications (not to mention those that just stroll on in).

Don't worry, Play the Man, I think BHO is a one-termer for sure.
you really dont care what the rest of the world thinks of the USA. ?
do you really think the reason all those immigration/visa and green card aplications are because they think its the best country in the world to live ?

WOW.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
No, I really don't care. I'm an American, not a globalist.

Quote:
do you really think the reason all those immigration/visa and green card aplications are because they think its the best country in the world to live ?

WOW.
Yes. Best country in which to live, work, have medical procedures, go to school, etc., etc.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:06 AM
bradwright

Quote:
No, I really don't care. I'm an American, not a globalist.

Yes. Best country in which to live, work, have medical procedures, go to school, etc., etc.
lol...you sure dont get out much do you.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:

WOW.
Isn't that what makes sense? I mean, yes, I believe that the reason all those people apply for immigration/visa and green card is because they think the US is the best country in the world to live. If they didn't, then why would they apply here & not wherever is "actually" the best country?

I don't really see another explanation, but I'd like to know of one if there is. What is it that I'm missing Brad?

P.S. I re-read this & realized it might sound a little snarky. It's not intended to, I'm just asking an honest question.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:18 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Isn't that what makes sense? I mean, yes, I believe that the reason all those people apply for immigration/visa and green card is because they think the US is the best country in the world to live. If they didn't, then why would they apply here & not wherever is "actually" the best country?

I don't really see another explanation, but I'd like to know of one if there is. What is it that I'm missing Brad?

P.S. I re-read this & realized it might sound a little snarky. It's not intended to, I'm just asking an honest question.
well there are several reasons that people apply for immigration into the US and one very important reason is it is an easy country to get into just like Canada is and yes we have a lot of immigration applications as well but that doesn't mean the USA or Canada are the best countries in the world to live in because they are not,
when it comes to an actual list of the best countries to live in the US doesn't make the top ten and while Canada does i dont think we are in the top 5.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
lol...you sure dont get out much do you.
Why are you insulting me? I simply gave my opinion. For your information, I have lived in Central America and have traveled in Europe.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:21 AM

Quote:
when it comes to an actual list of the best countries to live in the US doesn't make the top ten
The top ten list by whom? The United Nations?

Oh yeah, we pay around 25% of their operating cost too.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:28 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Why are you insulting me? I simply gave my opinion. For your information, I have lived in Central America and have traveled in Europe.
i'm sorry if you think i am insulting you because thats not my intention,
sometimes Flo i come across in a manner in which i never intended because as Bonnie would be quick to point out i am of low intelligence and dont know any better but i am trying to improve in that regard so sorry if you are offended.

now back to the discussion,
the only reason i said anything is because a lot of Americans think they live in the best country on earth as well as a lot of Canadians think Canada is the best place to live,well they are all wrong,not that the US and Canada are bad places to live its just there are a lot of countries that are better and i think if if i'm not mistaken they list Finland as the best place to live for many reasons.