Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 10-11-2009, 01:40 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Seems DirecTV doesn't really care what I think.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:21 AM
Stump Rules!

So...who won? I forgot about them

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 10-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

I forgot all about WEC

Thats of course because this was the one that was supposed to happen before and they moved it didnt they

oh well, no predictions and no recaps
Old 10-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Chuck

Cowboy lost to Henderson in the main event. I thought it was close and that Cowboy had pulled it out but they didn't see it that way.

Cowboy has some crazy BJJ and had Henderson in multiple subs that I seriously can't belive didn't end the fight. I thought for sure Henderson's arm was going to break.

Either way I was a little bummed that Henderson won until I heard him quote Phil 4:13 as soon as they gave him the mic... I thought that was cool.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:51 PM
County Mike

Great fights across the entire card. Very entertaining and the main event did not dissapoint.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Those were some exciting fights.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 10-11-2009, 01:10 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I'm soooooo ticked I'm gonna miss this!!! All because I have stupid DirecTV!!
You aren't the only one.

However there are ways to find a replay.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:14 PM
cubsfan47

It's two big companies knocking heads. Neither side cares about their customers. I'll do without rather than switch. Why? Comcast is our local cable company and they are awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...setId=P6220002

Versus on DIRECTV

Unfortunately, Versus is no longer available on DIRECTV. Comcast, the largest cable company in the U.S. and our largest competitor, owns the channel and has forced us to pull it down. Here is the situation.

DIRECTV was already paying Comcast more than any other non-Comcast distributor to air Versus and now Comcast is demanding an overall rate hike of 20% on top of that. Comcast also forces DIRECTV to make Versus available to a much larger portion of our customer base at our own expense than they require from other TV providers most notably, DISH Network. We simply cannot accept these unfair and outrageous terms. All we're asking from Comcast is equal treatment.

Comcast and Versus are currently engaged in a noisy publicity campaign to distract attention from the fact that they are trying to take advantage of DIRECTV and our customers. The bottom line is this, if we were to accept their unreasonable demands, we would have no choice but to pass on the increase in cost to our valued customers. We do not want this to happen, especially in these difficult economic times. That's why we're standing firm in our negotiations with Comcast.

Regardless, we will continue to work in good faith with Comcast to try to reach a fair and just settlement. Our commitment to deliver the best TV service for the best price is and has always been our first priority. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

DIRECTV still leads the industry in sports programming, whether or not we have Versus in our channel lineup. For college football, NHL hockey and other sports, here's just a brief list of what's available on DIRECTV:
Old 10-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47 View Post
It's two big companies knocking heads. Neither side cares about their customers. I'll do without rather than switch. Why? Comcast is our local cable company and they are awful.
Comcast does alright by me here. No complaints and services have been upgraded since they took over the other company. I have their triple play and my costs are about 50-75 bucks cheaper a month since I got it.

It was a great night of fights. Those sub attempts by Cerrone were incredible and I can't believe Henderson wasn't submitted by at least one of them.

Looking forward to the Brown/Aldo fight coming up next month.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:32 AM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Comcast does alright by me here. No complaints and services have been upgraded since they took over the other company. I have their triple play and my costs are about 50-75 bucks cheaper a month since I got it.

It was a great night of fights. Those sub attempts by Cerrone were incredible and I can't believe Henderson wasn't submitted by at least one of them.

Looking forward to the Brown/Aldo fight coming up next month.
I am glad it works for you where you are. If and when Comcast shows signs of improving locally I might switch. Until then, I have a friend who is sending me a recording of the fights.