Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-10-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Clearly the Nobel Peace Prize is a joke.
It was a joke when Al Gore won over Irena Sendler. Sadly, she died the next year.

I lost all respect (what little I had) for the Nobel panel after that. This doesn't surprise me one whit.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
This might be as bad as Al Gore getting it instead of the lady that smuggled countless children out of the path of the Nazis.
Sorry, Josh, I hadn't read your post yet when I wrote about that.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:18 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Thank you my fellow humanitarians I humbly and most graciously accept this allustrious honor. You love me you really love me.
Clearly prooftexting but I'll let is slide... I love Sally!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:44 AM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Sorry, Josh, I hadn't read your post yet when I wrote about that.
It's ok. I was happy since I couldn't remember the ladies name and my post generally sounded dumb.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Buzzard

Is this going to be another thing folks are going to use to bad mouth Mr. Obama?

Clearly this was in his master plan when he decided to take over the world. I thought you all knew this already. It's not just a conspiracy theory, it's fact. I think I read it on some conservative website earlier.

If one had to choose between the current president and the last president for a nomination, which one should get it? Yes I know my question means squat in reality, but I wonder which one of the two you think is more deserving of it? I agree, it is a stupid question to ask, but someone needed to ask it and it may as well be myself because I like to pose these kind of questions to hear the responses. I just read about this a few minutes ago, and I am still trying to digest it and make sense of it if sense can be made of it.

Wouldn't it be something though if his actions in the following years showed that he was deserving of the prize?

Have a safe and happy weekend, though with that news I don't think many of you will.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:57 AM

Really cheapens the prize, it means absolutetly nothing

Last edited by Jonlion; 10-10-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Is this going to be another thing folks are going to use to bad mouth Mr. Obama?

Clearly this was in his master plan when he decided to take over the world. I thought you all knew this already. It's not just a conspiracy theory, it's fact. I think I read it on some conservative website earlier.

If one had to choose between the current president and the last president for a nomination, which one should get it? Yes I know my question means squat in reality, but I wonder which one of the two you think is more deserving of it? I agree, it is a stupid question to ask, but someone needed to ask it and it may as well be myself because I like to pose these kind of questions to hear the responses. I just read about this a few minutes ago, and I am still trying to digest it and make sense of it if sense can be made of it.

Wouldn't it be something though if his actions in the following years showed that he was deserving of the prize?

Have a safe and happy weekend, though with that news I don't think many of you will.
I'm not sure if this was a joke or if you're serious, lol.

Ronald Reagan ENDED the Cold War and what did HE get for it? Absolutely nothing from the Nobel Prize committee. Obama simply made a couple of speeches that had NO impact, whatsoever, to the cause and he won a prize?! It's activity without accomplishment, and he was awarded for it.

The last time I got a 50% on a test, I wasn't awarded a passing grade based on my effort, even if I TRIED. A person isn't promoted to the CEO of a company based on EFFORT, but RESULTS (unless that company is Ford, Chyrsler, GM, or Bank of America, but that's another story ).

This simply proves the Nobel Peace Prize is a joke.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:51 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post

What does the last president have to do with the Nobel peace prize?

Your defense of Obama is always to attack others. That isn't truly a defense. That is a cop out. And for most it doesn't work anymore after elementary school.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:19 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
What does the last president have to do with the Nobel peace prize?

Your defense of Obama is always to attack others. That isn't truly a defense. That is a cop out. And for most it doesn't work anymore after elementary school.
YOU DON'T WORK AFTER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!

(sorry, just trying to help Buzz out & supply some comebacks for him)
Old 10-10-2009, 03:10 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
YOU DON'T WORK AFTER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!

(sorry, just trying to help Buzz out & supply some comebacks for him)
Well you have to wonder why there was not one word to defend why Obama should have gotten the prize. Only some question directed at attacking Bush (like the prize MUST go to a President and they had no choice but to pick Obama ). And picking Obama over Bush still wouldn't make Obama the best choice. So what have you accomplished with your question other than providing an outlet to attack Bush?