Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-09-2009, 12:57 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I would like for him to get his life straightened out but he also needs to be punished! If nothing else at least put him in a dry out place for about a year or so!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:14 PM
rearnakedchoke

well, you can expect dana to cut him ... it's not like he is a meal ticket like rampage was ... but look how that ended up
Old 10-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
I would like for him to get his life straightened out but he also needs to be punished! If nothing else at least put him in a dry out place for about a year or so!
That is exactly what he needs.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:37 AM

He's a boor and a creep.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Shocking.
you really think so.. I am hardly surprised..
Old 10-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Load Option

Browning is a jack ass
Old 10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

it was only a matter of time. The kid had issues on TUF, then overnight he became reformed...now what do you think happened to those issues?? I'll tell you what, they festered and bubbled until they blew up in his reformed face...anxiety can often be because people have issues that they cant deal with and the issues wont go away and eventually thats the form they come out in.

What he needed was help. ALONG time ago...and I remember saying this during TUF...that the UFC should have forced him to get help, then, and there.

But I think what he said was words. I dont think he'd hurt others intentionally...but I suspect he'd hurt himself given half the chance. He lashed out because he felt like a caged animal...litterally...that was not about harming the individuals, it was about escaping them. Without help I think he could be a danger to himself.

Not that anyone on here seems to care...but I think some of us have taken the wrong attidude about this. Lets not pretend some of us havent enjoyed making fun of basic exploitation of a humanbeing with some level of mental ill-health. Lets not pretend some of us have paid good money for a multimillion dollar company to further exploit the same individual for our sheer enjoyment.

There are several on TUF who the UFC should have helpped. He was one, War Machine was another...and there are various others...and YES as an employer it was partially their responsibility, and YES, they could have forced help upon these athletes...they, quite possibly might be the only people able to have done that without crime or prison time.

So next time you want to make a sherdog thread out of an issue like this, I suggest you all think about what your doing first.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Black Mamba

I agree with you Dave on the fact that Junie does need help. But in order for him to get help, he needs to realize it FIRST. You cannot make or force anyone to seek help. His friends, family, and even the UFC can tell Junie that he needs help until they are blue in the face. But if he didn't want or aspire that help, then he's a lost cause. Normally people like him don't seek help until they hit rock bottom (near death experience for example).
Old 10-11-2009, 09:26 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
it was only a matter of time. The kid had issues on TUF, then overnight he became reformed...now what do you think happened to those issues?? I'll tell you what, they festered and bubbled until they blew up in his reformed face...anxiety can often be because people have issues that they cant deal with and the issues wont go away and eventually thats the form they come out in.

What he needed was help. ALONG time ago...and I remember saying this during TUF...that the UFC should have forced him to get help, then, and there.

But I think what he said was words. I dont think he'd hurt others intentionally...but I suspect he'd hurt himself given half the chance. He lashed out because he felt like a caged animal...litterally...that was not about harming the individuals, it was about escaping them. Without help I think he could be a danger to himself.

Not that anyone on here seems to care...but I think some of us have taken the wrong attidude about this. Lets not pretend some of us havent enjoyed making fun of basic exploitation of a humanbeing with some level of mental ill-health. Lets not pretend some of us have paid good money for a multimillion dollar company to further exploit the same individual for our sheer enjoyment.

There are several on TUF who the UFC should have helpped. He was one, War Machine was another...and there are various others...and YES as an employer it was partially their responsibility, and YES, they could have forced help upon these athletes...they, quite possibly might be the only people able to have done that without crime or prison time.

So next time you want to make a sherdog thread out of an issue like this, I suggest you all think about what your doing first.
The UFC does not have to "help" anybody in that way.

In my opinion, the UFC needs to completely sever any ties they have to people who do stupid things like this. When Rampage went crazy, the UFC should have dropped him like a bad habit, but we all knew that wouldn't happen. Junie should have never even been given an opportunity to compete on TUF, but we also know TUF is nothing more than an elaborate joke designed for ratings.

UFC cannot force anybody to get "help". Junie is an ADULT, and he is responsible for his own actions, just like everybody else in this world. You seem to be convinced that Junie would never actually hurt anybody, but the fact is he ALREADY DID. Anxiety or not, people have to learn how to rationally deal with their problems.

I thinks it's ridiculous when people act like things like "anxiety" or "depression" are a serious mental health issue. Everybody has to deal with anxiety and depression in their lives, people who do things like what Junie and Rampage did are only in need of one kind of help, and that is a good swift kick in the ass. That kind of behavior is almost always drug or alcohol induced and it is a pathetic cry for attention. Somebody call the Waaaambulance.

You know what I think would help? Let him stay in jail for a bit, that usually does a good job of making people realize how stupid they are being. Although, it probably won't change much in the long run, because some people in this world are just bullies and brats, and no matter what happens they act like tools.

I am all for seeing people turn their life around, but I have little compassion for people who act like spoiled little children when they have so much going for them. I personally hope we never have to hear about him again in an MMA report.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
I agree with you Dave on the fact that Junie does need help. But in order for him to get help, he needs to realize it FIRST. You cannot make or force anyone to seek help. His friends, family, and even the UFC can tell Junie that he needs help until they are blue in the face. But if he didn't want or aspire that help, then he's a lost cause. Normally people like him don't seek help until they hit rock bottom (near death experience for example).
Actually, thats not quite true. See, I reckon, like many others, Junie had found an outlet for his aggression...in his case it wasnt good enough for him to overcome completely...but I think he knew he needed to fight to live.

I think the UFC threatening to take away his life line in that manner could have forced him into it....either that, or pushed him so completely over the edge he'd have come to his knees a lot quicker.