Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 10-08-2009, 10:57 AM
County Mike

Before this episode I was still rooting for Rampage against Rashad. After last night, I've flipped. I never liked Rashad and I'm still not sure I like him, but at this point I like him better than Rampage.

I used to think Rampage was funny but I'm starting to realize, he might just be dumb and I mistook that for funny.

Not only did he sit there after his guy lost, with no words of encouragement, he wasn't even there for the pre-fight warm up. The coaches all went to get something to eat when they should have been getting their fighter ready.

As for all the hype around Kimbo coming back, still really don't know. They showed Marcus Jones working out pretty hard. I assume those workouts were AFTER his fever issue but who can really tell with the editing?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:18 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Anybody got a video of the fight?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
Anybody got a video of the fight?
it'll pop up on youtube later and I'll post it.

I agree with Mike. that was horrible coaching by Rampage. Kudos to Rashad for going over to Rampage's fighter afterwards and giving him some encouragement. I'm watching seson 7 now too and the differences in Rampage are huge. Why didn't the team at least start warming the fighter up?

[
Old 10-08-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Before this episode I was still rooting for Rampage against Rashad. After last night, I've flipped. I never liked Rashad and I'm still not sure I like him, but at this point I like him better than Rampage.

I used to think Rampage was funny but I'm starting to realize, he might just be dumb and I mistook that for funny.

Not only did he sit there after his guy lost, with no words of encouragement, he wasn't even there for the pre-fight warm up. The coaches all went to get something to eat when they should have been getting their fighter ready.

As for all the hype around Kimbo coming back, still really don't know. They showed Marcus Jones working out pretty hard. I assume those workouts were AFTER his fever issue but who can really tell with the editing?
I'm thinking that too--the funny is wearing off and the dumb is showing through. I feel sorry for the guys on his team.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
man rampage is a scumbag
That's putting it mildly. The guy literally goes on a crybaby rampage after losing to Forrest, then he doesn't even console his own pick after a tough fight. Instead, the butthole just criticizes him and everybody else on the team. In Rampage's world, it's "ME ME ME!"

Rampage is such a dick. No disrespect to his guys, but I'll laugh if Rampage goes 0-8. The morale on that team has got to be below the Earth.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:23 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I just realized what's wrong with Rampage: he only views others based on how useful they are to him. These guys are just HIS fighters, to be sent into battle on Page's behalf. They have no worth beyond that.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
logrus

Kinda feel the same way about Rashad. I sure don't like him, but hes winning me over this season more then Rampage is. To be honest though maybe getting owned in his title fight changed Rashad for the better. Though I wont really know til I see his actions after tough.

I am not sure if Rampage is a bad coach or if he is great at picking bad fighters. Hmmm maybe both lol
Old 10-08-2009, 10:42 PM

Rashad has always been a good fella!

Have not seen the episode yet but i really feel that TUF is not Rampage's deal. I think in some instances some people are not meant to be or good at being a coach, that is Rampage, he cannot handle it.

He should just concentrate on figting or acting.............ha ha
Old 10-09-2009, 03:13 AM
MMeh

Here's Mike Wessel's blog entry: http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/10/...log-episode-4/

Guess it isn't the editing, Rampage really was that big of a tool on the show. Some good excerpts:

"Rampage didnít even show up with enough to help Demico warm up and I was glad that they showed how Rampage and their coaches really didnít care about their fighters or the show. It was more to promote Rampage, and that sucks for everyone their team."

"Rampage has a ton of talent on his team and it was a shame that they got stuck with a coach they didnít care about them. I am not talking about all the coaches because Junior and British Tom tried but they are going to follow Rampages lead. Rampage didnít even go to him after the fight he just sat outside of the cage and felt sorry for himself about how he must have the worst luck. Really? What a dick."

"Rashad and our coaches came over and took care of him and that shows how much our coaches care about all the athletes on the show. The only thing that Rampage did right was admitting he coached Demico wrong but Rampage never admitted it to his own team and he needed too. After how he acted I think Rampages team finally felt like they didnít have any support."

Wow, I feel dumb for ever rooting for that clown. I think Mike and VCU hit it on the head - Rampage is all about himself. What a punk. I hope that he decides he wants back in the cage, and Rashad whoops him big.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:52 AM
atomdanger

Wow....

I don't know what to say.
I know editing comes into play, but this season is doing a few things.

1. Giving me no hope for these boys in the UFC HW division
2. Making me actually like Rashad
3. Making me dislike Rampage even more.