Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Max

Lutter has an overall record in the UFC of 2-4. He is 0-2 in the UFC since winning TUF and in both those fights came in out of shape. It would be one thing if he came in out of shape against Silva and then was in the best shape ever and put up a great fight against Rich but that was not the case. He gassed against Rich as well. I agree everyone deserves a second chance but Lutter has had a second chance at the UFC and he effed it up.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Lutter has an overall record in the UFC of 2-4. He is 0-2 in the UFC since winning TUF and in both those fights came in out of shape. It would be one thing if he came in out of shape against Silva and then was in the best shape ever and put up a great fight against Rich but that was not the case. He gassed against Rich as well. I agree everyone deserves a second chance but Lutter has had a second chance at the UFC and he effed it up.
hmmm....hate it when you're right...

butistillwanttoseehimback
let him embarass some "lesser" fighters instead of goin after the big leagues yea?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-07-2009, 05:33 PM

Would love to see Lawler and Horn in the UFC again.

And like him or loathe him, Nick Diaz always fought a exciting fight!

Rampage

Out must go Browninng annd a few others i can't even think of now!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
hmmm....hate it when you're right...
Im always right
Old 10-07-2009, 08:28 PM
ufcfan2

In:
Lawler
Nick Diaz
Overeem
Sapp(just for the giggles of it)
Fedor
Rogers

Cut:
Can't think of anyone I really think should be gone and I don't wanna say someone just because I'm not down with them....
Old 10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
donaldbreland

But look who Lutter has fought. Prangley, Silva, Cote, Franklin, Lindland and Eastman. All who are pretty good fighters to say the least. He beat Cote who challenged for the title and beat Marvin Eastman. He deserves to be back in the UFC. Bottom Line. A well prepared Lutter can beat 80% of the top 10 middle weights in the UFC any day.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
But look who Lutter has fought. Prangley, Silva, Cote, Franklin, Lindland and Eastman. All who are pretty good fighters to say the least. He beat Cote who challenged for the title and beat Marvin Eastman. He deserves to be back in the UFC. Bottom Line. A well prepared Lutter can beat 80% of the top 10 middle weights in the UFC any day.
Yea MAX, look who Lutter lost to the MW champion, and the former MW champion, not a just couple of cans er anything

I agree with Donald, bring Lutter back, heck, I'm betting he'd give any of the current contenders a run for their money, he just manhandled the TUF Killer Jason Macdonald. His record is not bad at all. Plus he's one of the best ground fighters in history.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Max

Quote:
His only really good win in the UFC is Cote and Cote is a better fighter now then he was when Letter beat him. If they fought again I would put my money on Cote. As for him beating 80% of the top 10 UFC middle weights, that woudl never happen. LEts look at the MattHughes.com rankings

Anderson Silva
Demian Maia
Dan Henderson
Nate Marquardt
Wanderlei Silva
Vitor Belfort
Yushin Okami
Ricardo Almeida
Nate Quarry
Tim Creduer

So there is the top 10, it needs to be updated but it is still a good list to go off of. Now out of that list, Im not sure if he beats anyone except for maybe Credeur and Quarry. Add in the fact that Bisping, Akiyama and Kang are all better than Lutter. There is no way Lutter is a top 10 MW in the UFC, hell he might not even be a top 10 MW in DREAM or Strikeforce.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Why is that Buzzard? Please explain.
When I read this thread, that song popped into my head. Just thought I'd share it. I was in music mode then.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
His only really good win in the UFC is Cote and Cote is a better fighter now then he was when Letter beat him. Add in the fact that Bisping, Akiyama and Kang are all better than Lutter. There is no way Lutter is a top 10 MW in the UFC, hell he might not even be a top 10 MW in DREAM or Strikeforce.
What about Leben? What about all the non-top 10 MW's in the UFC...guys who have lost as much as Lutter, who even fought LESSER talent?