Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
i never want to see lutter in the UFC again
would you say that if he were to get conditioned better?

he did embarrass Pete Sell and Patrick Cote for two rounds a piece, WON TUF 4, and took Anderson Silva down and kept him there.

So he didn't make weight once, and he gassed early...yet, Sell and Cote remain? Does that make sense?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-07-2009, 12:21 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
would you say that if he were to get conditioned better?
his last couple fights in UFC, he missed weight and looked like he didn't give a crap about it. the fight after that, he looked even more apathetic about being in the UFC. he looked like he didn't care about fighting, about his health, about anything. i never want to see a fighter like that in the UFC again.

and during all of that, he kept saying how he was mad because the UFC gave him franklin and he "took that as an insult" because he deserved another rematch with silva instead. his attitude was crappy, his performances were crappy, everything about him just screamed "local, unknown MMA shows"
Old 10-07-2009, 12:38 AM
donaldbreland

Everyone deserves another chance. He deserves to be in the UFC. I bet you couldn't do what they do. Some times in life people go through stages that we don't understand. I believe people have a chance to correct themselves no matter how many tries it take. I think he's a great guy and one I think we will see again soon in the UFC.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Ones I'd be willing to give anouther shot!
Robbie
Lutter
Joe Riggs!
Old 10-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
his last couple fights in UFC, he missed weight and looked like he didn't give a crap about it. the fight after that, he looked even more apathetic about being in the UFC. he looked like he didn't care about fighting, about his health, about anything. i never want to see a fighter like that in the UFC again.

and during all of that, he kept saying how he was mad because the UFC gave him franklin and he "took that as an insult" because he deserved another rematch with silva instead. his attitude was crappy, his performances were crappy, everything about him just screamed "local, unknown MMA shows"
So, rather than whining about how much YOU don't want him back...how about recognising his accomplishments and admitting that he could beat more than half of the MW div right now?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-07-2009, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
Oh I agree with you. That's why I said I wish he would get in a good gym. I heard he is with Jackson now. I think he will be a better fighter next time around.
im sorry but winning a decision against jason macdonald leads no one to believe he can hang with anderson silva.... silva was way further away from 100% then lutter was that night.. He can stuff hendersons td's but cant stop lutter from taking him down over and over... give me a break silva would smash lutter he isnt tuff enough to hang with the ufc's elite which showed when he quit against franklin

with that said when guys like kendall grove and chris leben are in the ufc yeah lutter is good enough to get another shot!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:26 AM
donaldbreland

BJ44 you have to think who Lutter has lost to in his last two fights in the UFC. He lost to Silva and Franklin. He shouldn't have been cut because he lost to them. I like mcfedries but he has lost every other fight. I do think mcfedries could be dangerous to silva to though. I just think the man can in unprepared against Silva. I also don't think Silva came in the fight in worst shape. I think Lutter doesn't train properly and I also think he had some personal issues he needed to take care of. I would like to see them fight again. For the title or not.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:06 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I would love to see Rich Clementi back...

Lutter missed weight once.. I can give him a break.. once...He was a little closer to making weight than Thiago if I remember correctly...

I could care less about seeing Nick back.. and cut Nate if you want...

Riggs... I loved to watch fight.. but he has lost a few steps IMO...
Old 10-07-2009, 06:55 AM
donaldbreland

I would like to see:
lawler
f. shamrock
Sylvia
Old 10-07-2009, 07:16 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

• Robbie
  • Horn
  • Aoki