Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 10-05-2009, 02:41 AM

Default army of the... onesie?

i'm soon to be a three arrowed archer and i was curious if they make an army of the one onesie ?

It might have to be in the preemie size, cuz with a few complications it might be sooner than we expect, but i was thinking of putting him/her in an "army of the one" onesie to take the picture that the hospital puts on their website and in the newspapers, thought that would be pretty cool.....
Old 10-05-2009, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

How preemie? Just curious. You know my specialty is high risk OB. Feel free to skip if it's personal and not something you want to discuss on an internet forum.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 10-05-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
How preemie? Just curious. You know my specialty is high risk OB. Feel free to skip if it's personal and not something you want to discuss on an internet forum.

~Amy

no not at all.....

we're not that bad preemie... and i had no idea you were high risk OB!

due date is nov. 4th.... so getting close to four weeks preemie right now... so in pretty good shape....

my wife is low on amniotic fluid.... right at 5 cm..... the worry is she is still
breech but they have no clue why she is low on fluid or what the effect is on the baby... there are no ruptured membranes or leakage and the kidneys are fine

it's pretty easy to get worried.... or at least concerned.... we're doing non stress tests nearly every day and getting sent to the "big city" on wednesday.... it has us on the edge of our seats...the baby is a little behind schedule growing, but it isn't bad, approx 4 1/2 lbs by ultrasound, so if it comes out wednesday it'll be in pretty good shape...

the unknown is worrisome sometimes....

i hate even telling you this because i am positive you see so much worse, and i don't have much right being concerned... but if you have some reassuring stories of low AFL breech babies PLEASE share
Old 10-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
no not at all.....

due date is nov. 4th.... so getting close to four weeks preemie right now... so in pretty good shape....

my wife is low on amniotic fluid.... right at 5 cm..... the worry is she is still
breech but they have no clue why she is low on fluid or what the effect is on the baby... there are no ruptured membranes or leakage and the kidneys are fine

it's pretty easy to get worried.... or at least concerned.... we're doing non stress tests nearly every day and getting sent to the "big city" on wednesday.... it has us on the edge of our seats...the baby is a little behind schedule growing, but it isn't bad, approx 4 1/2 lbs by ultrasound, so if it comes out wednesday it'll be in pretty good shape...

i hate even telling you this because i am positive you see so much worse, and i don't have much right being concerned... but if you have some reassuring stories of low AFL breech babies PLEASE share

Breech is not a concern other than they'll double check baby's hips to make sure the joints work well. It is easier for their hip to get out of socket. Mom has no health issues? No gestational diabetes or high BP? Probably the baby will be just fine. The non stress tests and biophysical profiles prove that baby has great oxygen status and is moving and doing what he/she is supposed to. 36 weekers tend to do just fine on the outside. This little one will need extra attention to feed after birth and may have a little bit of a hard time keeping warm. Kangaroo care is the way to go. That means baby wears only a diaper and the parent is bare chested. Place baby chest to chest with full skin contact and wrap a blanket around both. They've done studies that show mom's body will run a low grade fever if baby gets chilled to warm the baby up. (Dad's may do the same but it hasn't been studied as far as I know.) Kangaroo care is awesome. Babies comfort faster, feed better, and grow stronger when it's done by either parent. They highly encourage it in NICU to promote a shorter hospital stay.

I hope all goes well. In all likelihood everything is just fine but ya'll are for sure in my prayers. It's ok to worry. It means you love them.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 10-05-2009, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Breech is not a concern other than they'll double check baby's hips to make sure the joints work well. It is easier for their hip to get out of socket. Mom has no health issues? No gestational diabetes or high BP? Probably the baby will be just fine. The non stress tests and biophysical profiles prove that baby has great oxygen status and is moving and doing what he/she is supposed to. 36 weekers tend to do just fine on the outside. This little one will need extra attention to feed after birth and may have a little bit of a hard time keeping warm. Kangaroo care is the way to go. That means baby wears only a diaper and the parent is bare chested. Place baby chest to chest with full skin contact and wrap a blanket around both. They've done studies that show mom's body will run a low grade fever if baby gets chilled to warm the baby up. (Dad's may do the same but it hasn't been studied as far as I know.) Kangaroo care is awesome. Babies comfort faster, feed better, and grow stronger when it's done by either parent. They highly encourage it in NICU to promote a shorter hospital stay.

I hope all goes well. In all likelihood everything is just fine but ya'll are for sure in my prayers. It's ok to worry. It means you love them.

~Amy
I want kangaroo care!!! Where do I sign up?? I'm cold!!!!
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I want kangaroo care!!! Where do I sign up?? I'm cold!!!!

I'm sure my Aunt Ethel could fit you into her schedule. She's nice and warm and very pillow-like.

Naw, just kidding. Come on over Boomer. I'll swaddle you and everything.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 10-05-2009, 03:11 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
no not at all.....

Keep us updated on everything Adam .

as for onsies , i went down to the local stitch shop and had one made for Hank when he was first born .

Old 10-05-2009, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
I'm sure my Aunt Ethel could fit you into her schedule. She's nice and warm and very pillow-like.

Naw, just kidding. Come on over Boomer. I'll swaddle you and everything.

~Amy
you, aunt ethel ... what'eva ... I'm easy.
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
you, aunt ethel ... what'eva ... I'm easy.

She's a great cook. You'd actually love Aunt Ethel. We had her convinced that the board game Life was invented by Russians to spread communism in the US. She threw hers away after that. True story.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 10-05-2009, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Keep us updated on everything Adam .

as for onsies , i went down to the local stitch shop and had one made for Hank when he was first born .

okay... i'll let you know how it turns out

Quote:

~Amy
thanks for the reply.... it was encouraging..... and mom is doing perfect.... no group b... no gd... no hbp... no swelling... nothin' but measuring small....

so how bad is a dislocated hip