Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-04-2009, 07:46 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Texas boy shoots down 800 pound gater!

Texas Boy, 5, Shoots Down 800-Pound Alligator
Friday , October 02, 2009



ADVERTISEMENTTexas-born Simon Hughes, 5, doesnít look intimidating. But put a gun in his hands and pit him against an 800-pound alligator and itís a different story.

Simon's been training to handle a gun since he was just 4, his dad told MyFOXHouston ó and it's a good thing, too, or else he could've gotten hurt by the mega-gator that wound up on the Hughes family ranch.

The huge alligator bit into a baited hook in a marsh on the property, coming face-to-face with Simon. The boy reacted with lightning speed, grabbing his gun and shooting the reptile in the head.

"It come out, the biggest alligator I've ever seen," Simon told MyFOXHouston. "He did his death roll."

The reptile was nearly 20 times the 3-foot, 44-pound boyís size. It didn't survive the shooting.

Click here for video.

His dad Scott Hughes said there's a reason he started training his son, who is in kindergarten, to shoot guns at such an early age.

"Everything on the ranch will either bite you or stick you," he told MyFOXHouston.

The little boy has now earned the nickname "Gator Bait."

"Simon was a champ, couldn't ask for any better. He was just fearless," said Chuck Cotton, a family friend who witnessed the shooting.

The family plans to cook up the meat to celebrate.

Click here for more from MyFOXHouston.com.




SEARCH

Click here for FOX News RSS Feeds

Advertise on FOX News Channel, FOXNews.com and FOX News Radio
Jobs at FOX News Channel.
Internships At Fox News (Summer Application Deadline is March 15, 2007)
Terms of use. Privacy Statement. For FOXNews.com comments write to
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
Texas Boy, 5, Shoots Down 800-Pound Alligator
Friday , October 02, 2009



ADVERTISEMENTTexas-born Simon Hughes, 5, doesnít look intimidating. But put a gun in his hands and pit him against an 800-pound alligator and itís a different story.

Simon's been training to handle a gun since he was just 4, his dad told MyFOXHouston ó and it's a good thing, too, or else he could've gotten hurt by the mega-gator that wound up on the Hughes family ranch.

The huge alligator bit into a baited hook in a marsh on the property, coming face-to-face with Simon. The boy reacted with lightning speed, grabbing his gun and shooting the reptile in the head.

"It come out, the biggest alligator I've ever seen," Simon told MyFOXHouston. "He did his death roll."

The reptile was nearly 20 times the 3-foot, 44-pound boyís size. It didn't survive the shooting.

Click here for video.

His dad Scott Hughes said there's a reason he started training his son, who is in kindergarten, to shoot guns at such an early age.

"Everything on the ranch will either bite you or stick you," he told MyFOXHouston.

The little boy has now earned the nickname "Gator Bait."

"Simon was a champ, couldn't ask for any better. He was just fearless," said Chuck Cotton, a family friend who witnessed the shooting.

The family plans to cook up the meat to celebrate.

Click here for more from MyFOXHouston.com.




SEARCH

Click here for FOX News RSS Feeds

Advertise on FOX News Channel, FOXNews.com and FOX News Radio
Jobs at FOX News Channel.
Internships At Fox News (Summer Application Deadline is March 15, 2007)
Terms of use. Privacy Statement. For FOXNews.com comments write to
Poor gator. At least they are going to use him for food. I'm much rather catch and release for others to enjoy the immense beauty of such a grand creature, but the boy sure did well in not becoming gator bait.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-04-2009, 02:38 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

That's pretty cool, but why is this in the politics section?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2009, 03:24 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
That's pretty cool, but why is this in the politics section?
probably has something to do with bush


isn't the gator the mascot of the green party.... is this a metaphor???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2009, 03:31 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
probably has something to do with bush


isn't the gator the mascot of the green party.... is this a metaphor???

Maybe it's so we can justify spending stimulus money on the poor gators? They need homes and food. Let's bail them out.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2009, 03:31 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
probably has something to do with bush


isn't the gator the mascot of the green party.... is this a metaphor???
Oh, that's a good point. Perhaps Buzzard can help explain to us why this is Bush's fault.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2009, 05:53 PM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i laughed when it said "But put a gun in his hands and pit him against an 800-pound alligator and itís a different story" it makes it sound like the gator had an equal advantage on him.

now if they were TRULY pitted against each other, that would be a different story and something truly remarkable
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Mac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Poor gator. At least they are going to use him for food. I'm much rather catch and release for others to enjoy the immense beauty of such a grand creature, but the boy sure did well in not becoming gator bait.
You are an idiot , Plain and simple.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
You are an idiot , Plain and simple.
Little harsh there Mac???

Not everybody is a hunter
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-04-2009, 07:55 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

why is a young boy bating alligators?
also, what did the gator do wrong to get shot?

I mean, they baited him, you put out bait for an animal, then kill it when it comes?
That doesn't sound like you killed it out of defense, were they hunting gators?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.