Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-04-2009, 02:47 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

So I have to wait 5 more weeks just to get a good fight?

Too bad, I was so hyped to see the heavyweights, but few of them came in shape, it really really sucks.

IMO, they should have a fitness test to determine whether or not the guys can even be allowed to be on the show. I sell library books for a living and work 60-70 hours a week and I'm in better shape than the majority of these professional fighters who get this opportunity. It's BS for us, the viewers, that we have to watch so many crap fights because the fighters aren't taking this opportunity seriously. The worst fight I've ever seen was week 2 with Shivers/McSweeney.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-05-2009, 12:56 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Why, does he keep bringing Kimbo back 'til he finally knocks someone out?
i have been watching your posts for a long time now about Kimbo and your honest lack of understanding as to why Dana is pushing Kimbo down our throats.....
well here it is in a nut shell....every other fighter that will ever make it to the UFC has to be able to fight first and foremost but with Kimbo he couldn't care less if he ever wins a fight or not,you see Dana has sat back and thought this thing over,he realizes Kimbo stands no chance with virtually any legit fighter in MMA today but there is something about this guy,whether you like him or hate him no one seems to be able to resist watching him to see what is going to happen next....its like a train wreck or a car accident that you just cant help but to stop and stare at for a while....well Dana's not stupid,he see's a revenue stream attached to everything Kimbo does right now and somebody is going to cash in on it and i'm sure he thinks it may as well be him.
but dont worry to much about it Bonnie because as soon as there is any sign of Kimbo's popularity coming to an end he will most definitely drop him like he has the plague and you will never hear his name spoken from Dana's lips ever again....but as long as people are willing to tune in just to see him...well...you will just have to wait it out.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,997
Default



Do I dare say I aggree with Dana White?

You know the fights have been poor. I wasnt to impressed with Jon Madson, what he did was poor in character, and had he been at the HIT Squad the day I was there I would have asked him about it...because I just have absolutely no shame The second bout was so bad that half way through round two it was less then half the sparring training ive seen on my tour, and the third fight, Roy Nelson did almost nothing against a Kimbo who is very much still in training...I was more impressed by Kimbo staving off the take-downs for the first half of the first round, then Roys inability to finish in round one, and stoppage in round two.

You know I went in hating Kimbo, and its taken him less then three weeks for me to think that he might be a little undressed in skills, but have you checked for his character lately? The UFC is begining to cotton onto the fact that good character can be a selling point. They found this out in the run up to Pulver/Faber1 in WEC, it was almost marketted on a pacifistic level with both men falling backwards to declare the others greatness. That attitude boosted Faber right when he needed it, and pushed Pulver beyond the ability to fail on the basis of public opinion. After that it really didnt matter if he lost.

Well Kimbo can pour it on for hype, which caught the UFCs attention no doubt...but did you hear his interview after he lost? He's about the only guy I care for in that house now...even if they dont let him into the UFC which they will do regardless of whether he wins or not I believe...he is in danger of being a good character...and it hasnt gone unnoticed...infact its as nottable as the absence of the same emminating from Madson...I went in thinking that he would have my provisional support on the basis of his gym association...but I remain in need of convincing that he's a good guy...and if he's not, then just like Jeremy Horn, (Before Andreas showed me the light ) I'll abandon him regardless of his connection
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i have been watching your posts for a long time now about Kimbo and your honest lack of understanding as to why Dana is pushing Kimbo down our throats.....
well here it is in a nut shell....every other fighter that will ever make it to the UFC has to be able to fight first and foremost but with Kimbo he couldn't care less if he ever wins a fight or not,you see Dana has sat back and thought this thing over,he realizes Kimbo stands no chance with virtually any legit fighter in MMA today but there is something about this guy,whether you like him or hate him no one seems to be able to resist watching him to see what is going to happen next....its like a train wreck or a car accident that you just cant help but to stop and stare at for a while....well Dana's not stupid,he see's a revenue stream attached to everything Kimbo does right now and somebody is going to cash in on it and i'm sure he thinks it may as well be him.
but dont worry to much about it Bonnie because as soon as there is any sign of Kimbo's popularity coming to an end he will most definitely drop him like he has the plague and you will never hear his name spoken from Dana's lips ever again....but as long as people are willing to tune in just to see him...well...you will just have to wait it out.
My honest lack of understandnig, huh.

You must have skipped over parts of my posts then because 1) I've stated that I don't hate Dana or Kimbo, and 2) I know exactly what DW is all about--money, honey. I have nothing against Kimbo Slice; he's just taking advantage of the opportunities Dana is giving him right now. It's the smart thing for him to do. As for Dana, he's a businessman, successful too; doesn't mean I have to agree with or admire the way he goes about things.

Sorry if my posts bothered you; I'm just giving my opinion(s) just like you and everyone else here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
My honest lack of understandnig, huh.

You must have skipped over parts of my posts then because 1) I've stated that I don't hate Dana or Kimbo, and 2) I know exactly what DW is all about--money, honey. I have nothing against Kimbo Slice; he's just taking advantage of the opportunities Dana is giving him right now. It's the smart thing for him to do. As for Dana, he's a businessman, successful too; doesn't mean I have to agree with or admire the way he goes about things.

Sorry if my posts bothered you; I'm just giving my opinion(s) just like you and everyone else here.
oh, dont mind him Bonnie
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-05-2009, 05:02 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
My honest lack of understandnig, huh.

You must have skipped over parts of my posts then because 1) I've stated that I don't hate Dana or Kimbo, and 2) I know exactly what DW is all about--money, honey. I have nothing against Kimbo Slice; he's just taking advantage of the opportunities Dana is giving him right now. It's the smart thing for him to do. As for Dana, he's a businessman, successful too; doesn't mean I have to agree with or admire the way he goes about things.

Sorry if my posts bothered you; I'm just giving my opinion(s) just like you and everyone else here.
your posts dont bother me but after you asked a number of times why Dana would keep Kimbo around i thought some one should at least tell you.
now you know.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
your posts dont bother me but after you asked a number of times why Dana would keep Kimbo around i thought some one should at least tell you.
now you know.
I don't remember asking any time, let alone numerous, why Dana would keep Kimbo around. If you are referring to:

"Why, does he keep bringing Kimbo back 'til he finally knocks someone out?"

I wasn't asking why does he keep bringing Kimbo back... You ignored the "comma" after "Why". Dana said for us to stay tuned 'cause in Episode 8 something happens. I was being a little sarcastic (with humor) when I said the "bold" above:

The pause meant after the comma makes a big difference in how it reads. Or you can just read it without the "Why"
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 10-05-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I don't remember asking any time, let alone numerous, why Dana would keep Kimbo around. If you are referring to:

"Why, does he keep bringing Kimbo back 'til he finally knocks someone out?"

I wasn't asking why does he keep bringing Kimbo back... You ignored the "comma" after "Why". Dana said for us to stay tuned 'cause in Episode 8 something happens. I was being a little sarcastic (with humor) when I said the "bold" above:

The pause meant after the comma makes a big difference in how it reads. Or you can just read it without the "Why"
Brad cant actually read
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-06-2009, 01:13 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I don't remember asking any time, let alone numerous, why Dana would keep Kimbo around. If you are referring to:

"Why, does he keep bringing Kimbo back 'til he finally knocks someone out?"

I wasn't asking why does he keep bringing Kimbo back... You ignored the "comma" after "Why". Dana said for us to stay tuned 'cause in Episode 8 something happens. I was being a little sarcastic (with humor) when I said the "bold" above:

The pause meant after the comma makes a big difference in how it reads. Or you can just read it without the "Why"
sorry for misinterpreting your post to mean something that you did not intend.
as you are pointing out my grasp of the english language is very much inferior to yours and i will refrain from commenting on anything you post in the future so i may keep my embarrassing comments to a minimum.
but i would like to take a moment and thank you for pointing out to me just how low my intelligence level really is....i have always known that i wasn't average mentally but i always thought i was just much smarter then everyone else but thanks to you Bonnie i now realize its my lack of intelligence that sets me apart from everyone else and for that i will always be in your debt.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-06-2009, 01:19 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Brad cant actually read
i think she already figured that out Dave.....besides shouldn't you be uploading videos or something ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.