Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 PM
que

Default Dana: Kimbo vs Roy "sucked"

lol

“It’s hard to say why, but some people have it and some don’t, and Kimbo definitely does…. The fight (between Slice and Nelson) sucked. I wasn’t happy with any of the fights the first three weeks, to be honest. I was disappointed by the way we came out of the gate in terms of the fights. But the fights really get better. By episode 8, believe me when I tell you, you’re going to be going wild…. Hang in there, man. The season’s not over yet. Stay tuned is all I’ll tell you.”

http://mmamania.com/
Old 10-02-2009, 11:19 PM
logrus

100% with him on that one. 100% disappointed with all the fights thus far.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:24 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I hate to but I think the main reason Dana didn't like the Roy vs Kimbo fight is caused his cash cow lost!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Shooter

You know every season Dana says that "This was most wild, best season ever!!"

Would he ever say that a season was less than?

Dana" This season we start off with three really crappy fights featuing heavyweights so bad they almost all need life support once the fights are over and the only fighter to come in any kind of shape had a 300 lb guy sit on him and wipe the sweat from his brow for 2 rounds."

I wish he'd just say that but it'll never happen. He needs to sell us on watching. Especially after the last 3 weeks. Will the fights get better? Maybe but I tend to think not. I know I'm disappointed
Old 10-03-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
lol

“It’s hard to say why, but some people have it and some don’t, and Kimbo definitely does…. The fight (between Slice and Nelson) sucked. I wasn’t happy with any of the fights the first three weeks, to be honest. I was disappointed by the way we came out of the gate in terms of the fights. But the fights really get better. By episode 8, believe me when I tell you, you’re going to be going wild…. Hang in there, man. The season’s not over yet. Stay tuned is all I’ll tell you.”

http://mmamania.com/
Why, does he keep bringing Kimbo back 'til he finally knocks someone out?
Old 10-03-2009, 08:31 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Dana really is a piece of work. He talks so much that I am surprised that he has not hired an audio guy to just follow him around and record every word he says just to prevent him from contradicting himself.

He is still trying to force Kimbo down our throat even while bashing the very fight that he is proclaiming to have "sucked".
Old 10-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Why, does he keep bringing Kimbo back 'til he finally knocks someone out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
Dana really is a piece of work. He talks so much that I am surprised that he has not hired an audio guy to just follow him around and record every word he says just to prevent him from contradicting himself.

He is still trying to force Kimbo down our throat even while bashing the very fight that he is proclaiming to have "sucked".
Where do you 2 see it saying something about bringing Kimbo back???

Bonnie don't let your Kimbo/Dana hate cloud your thinking!! Hate leads to the Dark Side!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:49 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Bonnie don't let your Kimbo/Dana hate cloud your thinking!! Hate leads to the Dark Side!
You misunderstood my post. I said he is stuffing Kimbo down our throats because even while making a statement that bashes the fight, he is still saying that Kimbo has "IT", whatever that means...

Also, I personally have no blind hatred for Dana, and not Kimbo either. In fact, when Kimbo was being courted by EXC and over-hyped I was one of the few people around here who stood up for Kimbo. I just don't think the guy is ever going to be a legit threat in the HW ranks of MMA. I don't hate Dana, I think he is a smart guy and has done a lot of great things, however I also think he needs to be called to task on a lot of things he says and does.

BTW, if you don't think they want to see Kimbo succeed you must have missed the previews for next weeks show.
I think the voice over went something like....."WITH AN INJURY IN THE HOUSE, ALL EYES TURN TO KIMBO SLICE". It's almost too perfect.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:58 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
100% with him on that one. 100% disappointed with all the fights thus far.
+1
Old 10-03-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Quote:
Rattlesnake
GO CARDINALS! Join Date: Jan 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck

You misunderstood my post. I said he is stuffing Kimbo down our throats because even while making a statement that bashes the fight, he is still saying that Kimbo has "IT", whatever that means...

Also, I personally have no blind hatred for Dana, and not Kimbo either. In fact, when Kimbo was being courted by EXC and over-hyped I was one of the few people around here who stood up for Kimbo. I just don't think the guy is ever going to be a legit threat in the HW ranks of MMA. I don't hate Dana, I think he is a smart guy and has done a lot of great things, however I also think he needs to be called to task on a lot of things he says and does.

BTW, if you don't think they want to see Kimbo succeed you must have missed the previews for next weeks show.
I think the voice over went something like....."WITH AN INJURY IN THE HOUSE, ALL EYES TURN TO KIMBO SLICE". It's almost too perfect

No really, Chuck, I'm like JB, I have no hate for Dana or Kimbo. Like JB mentions above, you must have missed the previews for the coming episode. I am suspicious now though of anything revolving around Kimbo because of Dana and his obvious ploys he has set in motion to get Kimbo in the UFC come hell or high water. I mean, really, I would have more respect for Dana if he just let Kimbo in the UFC without all this farce of going through the house. I don't think it's fair to the other guys in the house, what's going on. Just my opinion...

By the way, I think Kimbo physically looks great, maybe the best I've ever seen him.

You feel'n my luv now?