Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47
I wish that more of the so-called "undercard" fights could be shown. Of course the tradeoff is that the program could get to be very long. Oh well, it looks like they will be available for download on monday. I am one of those who always gets the DVDs from Amazon when they come out mainly to get the undercards.

How often do fighters come back from two successive UFC losses? I am thinking here mainly about Mac Danzig. That's got to be very tough on an emotional level not too mention the physical letdown.

It did look like the refs were erring on the side of caution. Was this just the particular refs or was there a policy decision made somewhere?
Its usually three strike system in effect within the UFC at least. I dont like Danzig so I dont really care what happens to him. Each Ref does have their own personal style, some make a habit or erring on the side of caution, some turn blind eyes, and some dont notice when Corey Hill got his leg quite litterally snapped.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Champ2be

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
maybe physically he is threat to GSP but not skill wise. His ground skills are alomost non existent and Georges is a bjj black belt.
Thats why I said give him two years. And how do you know his ground game is non existent anyway, he has'nt had the chance to show them yet b/c he is always Ko'ing guys. I dont know about his BJJ, but his wrestling is good.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:46 PM
maxumII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I thought his "tag" is "rebel"?

I sure would like to see him kick GSP's butt (don't tell Michelle )!
No, it's "Rumble".
Old 02-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Primadawn

I'm a bit worried for Danzig too. He's lost 2 in a row to guys who are not really highly ranked. Tough guys, don't get me wrong, but it's not like he just lost to the #1 and #2 contenders...

I like him. I'll be sad if they cut him, but I bet they do...
Old 02-08-2009, 01:51 PM
maxumII

I hated Mac on the show. His arrogance towards others was annoying. He isn't ready for the big show and it showed last night.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Josh

Great fights last night. I was hoping that Neer would lose and Riddle too but oh well. Glad to see Veech win and I really liked his interview. I hate when a guy gets dropped and says it didn't hurt him. I think he said that Grice hits hard or something like that. Glad to see Tibeau win too. Lauzon looked great. Can't wait to se his next one. I would be interested in a Lauzon/Diaz fight. Cain looked good. I would like to see him fight someone a little better to see how he stacks up.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxumII
I hated Mac on the show. His arrogance towards others was annoying. He isn't ready for the big show and it showed last night.
thats pretty much where my dislike of him stems from aswell
Old 02-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Jeval

I had a laugh during the Danzig/Neer fight. Once when Neer was on the bottom he tried to punch Danzing but actually punched himself in the face.
How is that scored?
Old 02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Krupp

At least Joe won. I'm happy about that. I was worried when he had to fight Hermes, but When Jeremy took his place I was not coforted, having remembered his fight with Spencer Fisher. I honestly thought Joe was gonna get beat badly. I'm glad that didn't happen. He's still one of my favorite fighters.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Country Breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Veech looked good, needs work but looked very tough, good fight.

I hate Neer, his attitude and the way he acts are horrible,
I was really hoping Danzig was going to win that one.

Joe Louzan looked great, just sort of outmatched Stephens.

Didn't anybody notice Cain wearing the banned CAGE FIGHTER shorts?
I wonder if he is in trouble for that???
Either way lackluster performance on his part IMO

I was surprised Gleison Tibau beat Clementi, well done.

and happy to see Riddle won again.

Yeah, I picked Neer to win and before the fight, I wanted Neeer to win. But during the fight I started hoping he would get Ko'd because of the way he was acting.