Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 10-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Straight Right

Nelson was overly impressed by his own performance, glad to see Dana saw the fight for what it was.

TKO? Please...

Roy didn't really inflict any real damage to Kimbo, just submission by fatness. He simply used his girth to render Kimbo immobile. Not sure I'd call that much of a victory. Hope Kimbo gets to fight again. I'm curious to see how Roy matches up to someone with better take down defense.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I came away more impressed with Kimbo than I did with Nelson.

and Rampage talking about how fat Nelson is might have been some of the best lines in TUF history.
Hahahaha! Nelson looked like crap and Kimbo actuallly will gain more MMA fans

[
Old 10-01-2009, 03:32 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right View Post
Nelson was overly impressed by his own performance, glad to see Dana saw the fight for what it was.

TKO? Please...

Roy didn't really inflict any real damage to Kimbo, just submission by fatness. He simply used his girth to render Kimbo immobile. Not sure I'd call that much of a victory. Hope Kimbo gets to fight again. I'm curious to see how Roy matches up to someone with better take down defense.
LOL, this is by far the truth!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Chuck

Quote:

TKO? Please...

This post is pure perfection......
Old 10-01-2009, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
That was crap. I agree with Dana 100%.
First let me say, I wasn't rooting for either one, whoever won won. Now, you know what I think is crap? Dana saying what he said. There have been quite a few crappy fights on that show that would put this one way down on the list in my opinion.

Dana just wanted Kimbo to win and when he didn't, he starts spouting that crap that he did making it sound like Roy didn't do shyte! Maybe Roy wasn't hitting Kimbo as hard as he could, I don't know. I do know he brought him to the ground both rounds and got him in a crucifix both rounds and was hitting him. He's not the first (and won't be the last) heavyweight with a big fat belly.

Roy won the fight and Dana basically trashes him. I'd like for Roy to get Dana on the ground in a crucifix and hit him like he did Kimbo and then have Dana tell us if it feels like he was being "hit by his daughter".

What's with all the deferential treatment towards Kimbo Slice? First, Rampage, then Dana and then I see Herb Dean taking Kimbo's hand in both of his and doing the little bow thing. Plus, Herb Dean gave Kimbo way more time (than I think he might have given another fighter say Roy if he had been on the bottom) both rounds to try to "work" before finally ending the fight in the second round.

I'm glad that Roy won now. So there Dana!

Last edited by Bonnie; 10-01-2009 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:37 AM
MMeh

Kimbo actually fared much better than I thought he would. If it had stayed on the feet, Kimbo would have won it. He needs to be in a camp that works on his takedown defense, and while I don't think he'll ever get to the upper echelon of the HW division, I think he'll carve out a good niche for himself in the middle tier of HW
Old 10-01-2009, 03:38 AM

alot of people here love tim sylvia despite his disgusting physical appearence.... give big country some love lol
Old 10-01-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:

TKO? Please...

Gee, you think maybe he was happy he won the fight especially with all the hoopla over wonderful dazzling fighter Kimbo Slice. And in light of Dana's not so subtle disappointment that he had won and not Kimbo.

By the previews they showed for the next episode, Dana's already gearing up to get Kimbo back in the game at the first opportunity. Wonder how the other guys in the house feel about Dana's pet (as in teacher's...)?

Last edited by Bonnie; 10-01-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:08 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Nelson did not help his cause when he asked for a double whopper...

Seriously, Roy catches a lot of flack for his physique, which probably contributes to his semi-cocky attitude in some ways, but I think it's fair to say he has paid his dues in the sport and deserves to be where he is.

With that being said, his performance was not supremely impressive, and clearly a little on the safe side, but he was also coming off a KO loss in his last fight so he probably felt the need to play it safe and secure the victory given the magnitude of the fight against a guy with Kimbo's popularity.

Credit to Kimbo though, he definitely has a great attitude, and regardless of what happens on the show, Kimbo will fight in the UFC.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
Nelson did not help his cause when he asked for a double whopper...

Seriously, Roy catches a lot of flack for his physique, which probably contributes to his semi-cocky attitude in some ways, but I think it's fair to say he has paid his dues in the sport and deserves to be where he is.

With that being said, his performance was not supremely impressive, and clearly a little on the safe side, but he was also coming off a KO loss in his last fight so he probably felt the need to play it safe and secure the victory given the magnitude of the fight against a guy with Kimbo's popularity.

Credit to Kimbo though, he definitely has a great attitude, and regardless of what happens on the show, Kimbo will fight in the UFC.
I agree, credit to Kimbo for his positive attitude. At the end where he's talking about trying to learn and improve in mma and not giving up, I was thinking "Good attitude, keep training and learning and go for it!". Dana just got my back up; what he said just hit me wrong especially given his clear favoritism since he first made the big INTRO of Kimbo at the beginning of the show.